Ilocker - It Based Fiction Story - Cover

Ilocker - It Based Fiction Story

by Achal Sinha

Copyright© 2016 by Achal Sinha

Mystery Story: This is an IT based fiction story, how ideas are stolen in corporate. How corporate works with govement offcials and how revenge is taken.

Tags: Crime   Mystery   Detective   Secret Agents  

Saturday night 7:30 PM at a posh bar of Greater Kailash Delhi A mid 30 guy was sitting with his Swiss friend Hector working as a consultant in an IT Company at Delhi. They have built a good relationship since they met at Internet Security workshop occurred around 1 month earlier in Delhi.

After having 4-5 Talisker Strom on the rocks both were off their head. And as it happen after too much drunk nothing else but blabbing, they were having fuddled discussion like barking at the moon. Hector told that he is planning to going back to Switzerland and stay with family and friends there, while other guy poleaxed Hector when whispered that want to steal Violet diamond from SwedoBank headquarter in Mumbai which they bought in auction last to last month.

Hector looked at him, laughed and said "It seems you are inspired by MI and Ocean movies". Hector gave him some gyan on being law obedient as a mellow guy. Other guy nodded his head, had a wicked smile and said" You are right, it seems I had too much today".

They had muzzy discussion for some more time, then cleared bill and came out of bar.

Wednesday 10 AM SwedoBank Headquarter, Mumbai SwedoBank started to operate in South Asia since 2 years and had headquarter at Mumbai. They had G+4 story building. Ground, 1st were for retail banking, and 2, 3 & 4 were for back office and software team.

Receptionist got call from Amit, Head of Security of SwedoBank on her intercom. He instructed her to collect all News Paper and Magazines from Lobby.

She got surprised but do not had nerve to ask reason. She called office boy and asked him to collect all News Paper and Magazines from Lobby. She further got amazed when her colleague texted her that all Vice Presidents and above are assembling at President Cabin.

Wednesday 10:50 AM President's cabin, SwedoBank, Mumbai All senior members have assembled in room. Few of the attendees were aware of reason to have unplanned meeting, while others were whispering and making guesses. South Asia Head, Surya had a paper in his hand and staring people with brooding face.

Surya started conversation in aggravated tone "I hope many of you know reason to assemble here, for those who does not know I request to have look at this paper on my hand." Within 5 minutes, all members of SwedoBank in room were wide-eyed.

Surya broke silence and said "Amit found this leaflet in today's newspaper delivered at our Bank. It might be mischief, but no one will speak about it outside this room. I do not want us on media headlines." He concluded meeting and discussed with Amit on further steps for 15 minutes. They decided to approach Mumbai Police personally considering this being sensitive matter which may impact brand value.

Wednesday 12:45 PM Police commissioner Mr. Bhagwat's office, Mumbai Surya & Amit were sitting in front of Commissioner Mr. Bhagwat. Corporates always has very good rapport with bureaucrats and that is why even without prior appointment Mr Bhagwat agreed to meet Surya immediately.

Amit explained events happened in bank since morning and shown leaflet which he found in newspaper. Mr Bhagwat read that piece of paper and he was deadpan after that. Paper was of violet color and on middle it has text "I love violet color and you have that. Coming this Christmas season at your bank to steal Jewel!!!!!"

After silence of few seconds, Mr Bhagwat, dialed a number from his mobile and asked Inspector Avinash to meet him immediately, In 5 mins Avinash was in his cabin.

Mr Bhagwat gave him paper, briefed about incidents and introduced with Surya and Amit. He instructed him to handle to security of bank and to find out mastermind behind this whole story. Surya, was not confident by looking single chassis Avinash, but he do want to say in front of him to Mr Bhagwat.

Mr Bhagwat, read this by face expression, he amused and said, "Do not judge him from his physique, Avinash is my trustworthy guy and he have handled these type of cases earlier as well. Now our best man is working on this case".

Surya smile and thanked both and before leaving to Bhagwat's cabin he said "I need a favor, things which we discussed here should not go to media as it will defame bank and we will be in other soup as well." Amit asked Avinash if he like to visit bank, Avinash told to reach bank after sometime and he kept pamphlet with him.

While Surya and Amit were at Police HQ, bank started business as usual like a normal day. Seniors were strictly instructed by Surya and Amit for not to discuss anything regarding violet paper.

Wednesday 4 PM SwedoBank, Mumbai Avinash reached bank and asked receptionist to meet Amit, after confirmation from Amit over intercom she directed him to Amit's cabin.

Amit welcomed Avinash and asked for update like who distributed leaflet and who planned this.

Avinash have a witty smile and said "Sir, have some patience. I have instructed my team and we have started to investigate from various aspects. We found that leaflets were given to hawker in morning while he was about to enter in your bank premises for distribution. A person have gave him 1000 rs and bunch of pamphlet to put in newspaper. We are trying to get some more clues and will keep you updated."

Avinash continued "I know that your bank have won diamond in auction 2 month earlier but I like to know details other details like, where it is right now, market price, its size and how you are securing it.

Amit took sip of water from glass of water and said "Diamond is currently at 2nd floor locker room, which is highly secure. Even though market rumor is we bought it at a higher price, but we have considered economy slowdown and our research says that if we sell it in global market after 5-6 years we can easily sell it at 90-110% profit. We bought this 3,106.75 carat, 621.35 gm beauty for $350 million."

He later on explained security systems installed in bank and both had a walk of locker room. They both discussed that it might be fake threat, but was not in a position to take any chances.

They were discussing security plan for another 45 minutes until Avinash's iPhone 6s rang. After receiving call, quickly completed discussion, came out of bank and instructed police officials waiting for him outside bank.

By Thursday, police have raided at many places to get clues of pamphlet, they also tried to look at CCTV footage & to prepare sketch of person who gave pamphlet to hawker, but it was like black box and nothing was coming out. However Avinash have tightened security in bank and installed more CCTV camera on the cross roads near bank.

Thursday 4 PM Debit Suisse Bank, Mumbai Debit Suisse's South Asia Head Mr. Rajgopal received an email from Police Commissioner Mr. Bhagwat.

Debit Suisse bank, another Swiss bank operating in India since more than 10 years and was located 2 streets away from Swedo Bank where Pamphlet was found. Along with business they were common in few other things as well. Both banks have leased buildings from same builder and were almost look alike.

In email Mr. Bhagwat have asked a favor from Bank and asked them to permit special squad member to monitor activities in locality from roof over weekend.

In email, Bhagwat mentioned this is part of operation to tackle anti national activity happening in Mumbai, financial hub of India. In email he assured that Squad member will be not have any arsenal/ammunition and will be having authority letter issued by Mr Bhagwat.

At the end of email Mr Bhagwat requested to keep this information confidential and mentioned that Squad member will reach around 7 PM. This mail reminded Rajgopal Bhagwat's speech which he delivered at FICCI function 2 week earlier and asked that Police and Corporate sector need to work closely to stop anti national activities.

Rajgopal have not assumed such kind of cooperation from Mumbai Police and this mail astound him. He do not wanted to spoil relation with Mumbai police, on that other hand this mail was unusual to him. He asked his secretary to call Jaydeep.

In 5 minutes Jaydeep, Director of Security was in his room. Rajgopal conversed mail with Jaydeep, who was surprised just like Rajgopal. While they were in mid of conversation Rajgopal's Note 5 rang, he thanked to True Caller helping to recognize caller's name.

True Caller was showing caller name as Commissioner Office. He picked called, person on that other side asked that Commissioner wanted to check if he is received mail or not and if he can reply back to him. Rajgopal said that he was in meeting, he will check his mail and reply back.

After call, Rajgopal asked Jaydeep to check with his sources regarding new developments happening at Mumbai Police. Jaydeep left room and came back in 15 minutes.

Rajgopal was on call, he asked Jaydeep to sit on chair, quickly wrapped up his call and asked Jaydeep to share findings. Jaydeep said that yesterday Surya went to commissioner's office along with Bank's security head, they had an hour long meeting with commissioner and special squad inspector.

He further said this discussion was related to some threat they received in Bank. However he was unable to find any other details of discussion. Rajgopal thought for a while and called Surya from him mobile. He tried to get details of his visit to commissioner office in many ways, but Surya smartly turned down and said that as a casual meeting.

He looked at Jaydeep, and said "Looks like there is menace in this locality and I can correlate this with Bhagwat's speech in FICCI, what is your thought on this email". Jaydeep nodded his head and said "I think we should cooperate with Police in this matter".

Rajgopal said with smile "Correct, I was also thinking on the same line, we cannot ignore this. Let me respond with a positive note. You please take care for rest of the processes." Rajgopal responded to Commissioner's email with affirmative response and shared Jaydeep's contact details in email.

After sending mail, he called Delivery Head of new Project iLocker which Bank launched 6 months earlier. All three gentlemen discussed over few reports by looking at Dashboard of iLocker. Later on Rajgopal called HR head as well and pulled out report from his email which he received from Bern head office and put that on projector.

Head office conducted worldwide mystery audit and it turned out that in UK and South Asian employees will require to undergo rigorous training on Social Engineering.

Auditors used few standard tricks like they called at random extension portraying themselves as calling from some company or as a Bank's customer and asked details e.g. Mobile, Email, Extension of employee having common name like common name like Amit, Pooja, Zafar, Tim, Rob, Cindy.

Auditors were able to get details of lot of employees having common name using hoax. They used another social engineering technique, they got details of employees from Job sites, mocked up fake interviews and tried to get confidential details and mal practices used in Bank.

In their report they have listed various confidential details and mal practices used at various branches. Apart from this it was also highlighted in report that in South Asia region security staff were not well aware of digital world and importance of digital data.

After discussing for some time on plan of action on Audit reports, Raj asked HR head to plan training for employees and security staff, he ensured that HR head share him weekly report on progress.

Rajgopal asked him to take help of companies providing corporate trainings and suggested to contact "Mirage".

Once meeting was over he made a call to his friend who was owner of Mirage and gave him heads up that HR is going to approach him for training. In Corporate world it is very common that leaders use to do favor each other, which benefitted them in many ways including monetary.

Rajgopal was anxious because of digital security related point in Audit report, as it might have adverse impact of growth of iLocker project driven from Mumbai. Rajgopal have presented idea of iLocker almost 2 years earlier, which was well received from Board of Director and he was allocated enormous budget for startup. iLocker was launched almost 6 months before from DebitSuisse. iLocker, was a breakthrough combination of Technology and Retail banking. In Retail Bank Vaults customer use to keep their physical assets e.g. Gold, Diamond, Currently, Wills, Files etc and they pay some amount to Banks for that service and security.

Using iLocker customers would be able to keep their confidential digital data with Bank and access it over internet. Key selling point of iLocker was security, privacy and anytime access. iLocker was not meant for retail customers, target customers were senior management of corporates, bureaucrats, politicians, celebrities i.e. only elite group of society. Bank have planned to approach customers personally and plan was to keep this business model very confidential and to limited number of users.

DebitSuisse have identified target customers across the geographies, they first feel the pulse of customer and once customer agree to have iLocker account, Debit Suisse create user account from back office.

There were multiple authentications in place, customer generated password and random token generator device to login into website and then Biometric and Private Key generated by customer to encrypt/decrypt data.

To ensure that data is not lost and cannot be hacked, iLocker have made datacenter at various geographies. When a customer upload his data to iLocker.

File first got encrypted using private key and biometric code and then spited in multiple small chunks. Instead of keeping these chunks at same location those were distributed at multiple geographies of iLocker datacenter.

To maintain privacy of customer iLocker was not logging any activity of customers. Customer details were kept in encrypted format and cannot be deciphered. ILocker can be accessible through web or through mobile app.

When customer request to download specific file, Files from various locations pushed into central server, merging and decryption activity perform on server using Private key and bio metric details of customer and then customer will be able to download file.

Thursday 5:00 PM, Debit Suisse Bank, Mumbai Tej Pratap, security supervisor of iLocker entered into bank. He completed his entry formalities and was about to enter into lift, his phone vibrated with notification of SMS.

He checked message, showing sender name as LM-Pizza, message says that "Enjoy free pizza today, we will give you call to take order. Happy Holidays". He murmured one more marketing gimmick and deleted that message.

Tej was responsible for ensuring security of new business model iLocker. He got promoted to this role, before this role he was working as security supervisor at retail business of bank and developed very good relation with Jaydeep.

This role was challenging for him as he need to secure data which is virtual in nature. He use come there in night shift as instructed by Jaydeep. He reached to 3rd floor which was dedicated to iLocker data center. Security guard Prakash who sitting near Lift entrance greeted Tej.

iLocker Floor Layout 3rd floor has 2 entry point through lift and Fire Exit gate. Fire Exit gate was only for compliance purpose and was close since 3rd floor was restructured for iLocker project.

This area was highly sensitive for bank so it was under complete CCTV surveillance and person sitting in security cabin use to keep a close watch on monitors showing CCTV feeds.

Tej entered into security cabin and took hand over from person who use to come in day time. There was single entry into iLocker data center since morning. Due to heating issue in one of the server, Service Engineer entered into iLocker and took 15 minutes to resolve that issue.

Tej was able to see these details on his computer. There were only 2 person on the floor, Tej inside cabin and Prakash guard near lift. As a daily routine Tej started to read newspaper which he use to buy from shop near bank.

As he turned pages of newspaper, bunch of pamphlet drops on the floor. After finishing one round of reading he picked pamphlet, one was of beauty parlor in that locality, another was of new mobile app to purchase vegetable and one which catches his attraction was a color full on glossy paper stating a Pizza Shop giving 50 % on all menu item during Christmas and few lucky customers will get it for free.

Tej recalled that he received similar SMS sometime back in his mobile. It was a boring job routine for Tej to sit idle and look at Dashboard on Computer and CCTV monitors. He and Prakash use to have conversation almost every night to kill time, and they use to crib Bank on having more security for iLocker rather than regular Vault of bank.

Wednesday & Thursday, Mumbai Avinash and his team were working hard to find mastermind, they have made a reasonable progress and got to know from MEA sources that a Swiss national informed to Swiss embassy at Delhi regarding discussion of rob plan in Swedo Bank.

Avinash was staring at pamphlet and thinking if his investigation is going on right direction or missing any clue. In the mean while his phone rang and he was informed that Hector who informed to Swiss embassy was not in India because to Christmas vacation.

Avinash was thinking that why a thief will share about his plans, he was not fully convinced that Swedo Bank is target. He went to Commissioner's office and updated on progress. Commissioner was happy with the progress and plan which Avinash has prepared for SwedoBank.

Avinash shared his concern that SwedoBank might not be target. Commissioner said "I agree, but we have lot of other things to do. Tomorrow is Christmas holiday and I advise you to ensure that SwedoBank is secure. I need you to look into some other cases as well". He smiled and further said "Avinash, this is not a movie that we have only this case to solve. We have a whole city to look for. Just ensure that nothing happens at SwedoBank. Otherwise these corporate will approach to ministry and I will not be in a position to justify."

Avinash nodded his head with smile. Commissioner said that "I am leaving now, will take a round of streets and then will approach for home. I have to go to Party at The Lalit tonight, I really hate to attend these type of parties. I never enjoy there, and always justifying police system to corporates, celebrities and social activist."

It was around 4 PM, both Commissioner and Avinash left for their destinations. Avinash thought to take a round of SwedoBank and its surroundings as Banks was closed for next 3 days i.e. Friday for Christmas, Saturday and Sunday.

Avinash reached to SwedoBank around 6:30 PM. Most of the employees had left for the day. Few office boys, security staff, police staff and Amit was in office. Avinash straight away dialed Amit's number and told him that he is waiting at lobby.

After 5-10 minutes Amit reached to lobby and they discussed about progress in investigation. However Amit was not happy with the progress on investigation, but he was very convinced with the security arrangement provided by Avinash.

Amit was relieved due to 3 days of holiday it was very easy to tightened security and to ensure only authorize persons were allowed to enter into building. On a normal day, it would be a nightmare for him.

Thursday, 7:30 PM Debit Suisse Bank, Mumbai A person entered to bank and asked security guard to let Mr. Rajgopal know that executive of Commissioner came to meet him. Jaydeep have already informed security in charge that a person will come to meet Mr. Rajgopal and to let him know once he reach.

Security in charge asked that person to sit in waiting room and called Jaydeep. In 5 minutes Jaydeep entered into waiting room. He saw a mid-30 guy waiting for him. He had put on casual cloths and had a rucksack. Jaydeep introduce himself and shared pleasantries. That person introduced himself as Achal, part of Special squad.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close