Preview

Michaels Mansion

by Ernest Bywater

Copyright© 2014 by Ernest Bywater

General Story: A two hundred year old Australian building is destroyed by fire when a jet taking off from the local airport is shot down. This is how the owner turns a fire gutted building of five sandstone walls back into the elegant building it once was, despite not having much cash to do it with and having to fight the state bureaucrats. It also talks about his important personal and family events during the reconstruction. The fire is very much a life changing event for the owner and his family.

Tags: Drama   Workplace   Rags to Riches  

Cover

Copyright © 2014 by Ernest Bywater

Cover Art

The background images are Batlow by Leigh Blackall (top) and Looking East over the Murrumbidgee River near Gumly Gumly by Bidgee (bottom). Both are copyrighted by their creators and their use is allowed by the Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike Licence and terms. The cropping, size adjustment, and text are by Ernest Bywater. All rights to the cover images are reserved by the copyright owners.

13 April 2022 version


Note: Due to the main character and the narrator being Australians UK English is used in this story.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close