The Truth About Paradise - Cover

The Truth About Paradise

by Ernest Bywater

All rights reserved © 2007 by Ernest Bywater

Spiritual Story: Their beliefs are true - but not as they think

Tags: Humor   Drama   Politics   Violence   Spiritual   Religion   Vignettes  

30 August 2019 version

Earth

Akmed sits in the car waiting for the right time to approach the checkpoint. He’s nervous about the waiting, but he’s also calm because he knows he’ll be going to Paradise soon, very soon. He needs a clear approach, one uncluttered by too many vehicles so he can get up enough speed to penetrate deep into the checkpoint before the bomb explodes to kill the soldiers there. He must time it right because he has to use a delayed timer he must activate before they can shoot him. For ten minutes he waits at the roadside for the right traffic conditions.

The time arrives and he pulls out of the line of parked cars to head toward the checkpoint while accelerating as fast as he can. At the pre-set point he activates the timer. He hits the first wooden warning barrier and he smashes through it. Faster, he approaches the main checkpoint. Two soldiers open fire, but they can’t stop him now because the car is too fast and heavy for them to stop it with bullets.

The United Nations (UN) soldiers of the peace keeper force sound the alarm and everyone heads for the nearby safety trenches which were the first major change the UN force made when they took over control of the checkpoint from the Israeli Defence Force. The trenches are designed to allow the staff to survive an attack by suicide bombers by getting safely below the explosive shock wave and shrapnel.

The car crashes through the first two barricades as intended and it slams into the third, but this newly reinforced barricade halts the car dead in its tracks. A few seconds later the car explodes and it does very little damage to the checkpoint. However, it does affect Akmed and two car loads of men returning home from work in the next zone. Unluckily for these men they’ve just met Akmed, one of the freedom fighting martyrs they’ve been supporting with heavy donations from their wages. All seven men die with Akmed in the explosion of the car bomb made from explosives bought with their donations.

Paradise

The moment they die the eight men are reunited in paradise and are met by the Great Prophet himself. They’re very happy when they ask about paradise while the Great Prophet leads them through a doorway. Standing on a balcony they can see the most lovely garden ever made, and it’s full of beautiful women. The lovely women are leading many men around the garden. All over the garden the women are making love with the men while other women stand by with food and drink for them. One of the new arrivals turns to the Great Prophet and asks, “It’s true then, each true believer has a number of lovely virgins to serve him? Where are ours?”

The Great Prophet replies, “Yes, each true believer has a number of beautiful women to serve him in paradise. The women who were assigned to you when you became a believer are right there.” And he points at a group of women standing just below the balcony, waiting for them.

One of the men races toward the stairway at the end of the balcony, and is stopped by an invisible barrier across its entrance. He turns to look at the Great Prophet and is told, “Yes, all true believers are assigned women and they’re taken to Paradise, regardless of what their life was like. But you may not enter Paradise proper or access the assigned women unless you lived a good and loving life caring for your families and others. The true believers who advocate the murder of innocents or kill innocent people are still brought to Paradise, but they must stay here on the balconies. They’re unable to enter Paradise and enjoy its fruits because they must stand here to watch the many others who do since that is their punishment for disobeying me.” While laughing hard the Great Prophet walks to the stairway and he passes through the invisible barrier. Looking up at the men he says, “Since you’re unable to enjoy these women and their services they must be reassigned.” He places his arm around one woman’s waist while he leads the women away from the fuming men standing on the balcony.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close