Her Hero: Next Door - Cover

Her Hero: Next Door

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Chapter 11

Kris woke to a heavy warmth crushing down on top of him. He struggled for a moment before he remembered Raisa had awakened him with some of the most sensual kisses he’d ever experienced. They’d ended up making love several times before she fell asleep, cuddling on top of him after their last bout of pleasure. He knew she had used him and it should upset him, but it didn’t.

Kris was in love with her already and even though she hadn’t said she was too, he still didn’t regret last night. He knew she had used him to prevent Gregori from taking her virginity and to create some beautiful memories. The destruction of her apartment convinced her that the mobster would win in the end. Still, if the sounds she’d made and the way her body had reacted to him were any sign, she had enjoyed last night. For now, that was all he could ask for. He’d keep loving her and showering her with affection until she realized they belonged together forever.

To help that along, he needed to put an end to the Syndicate, and especially Gregori Volkov. That operation started today. Just as soon as he had a shower and breakfast.

He slowly tightened his hold on Raisa and rolled so that she was lying on her side beside him. Then he extracted his arm from under her, sliding out of the bed before settling the covers over her still sleeping form. The purring little snores she made struck him in the heart. He so wanted this to be his life. Waking up to her warmth, her smell, those adorable snores until he was old and unable to see or hear anymore. He’d convince her it was what she wanted to. But first, Gregori.

Softly so as not to disturb Raisa, Kris slipped over to his dresser and grabbed clean underwear and an Armor undershirt. Then, just as quietly, he slipped into the bathroom before shutting the door and turning on the light. Speaking softly to the microphone he knew was in the room, he gave instructions to Friday. “Set security protocol to condition alpha and use facial recognition at the entrance. If Sparky gets here before I’m done with my shower, let her in.”

“Affirmative, security protocol alpha is in effect. I started the coffeemaker as well. Would you like me to awaken Miss Felfan?”

“No, let her sleep. She needs the rest after everything she’s been through in the last few days.”

“Is there anything else, Thorn?”

He turned the water on in the shower, adjusting it to the temperature he preferred while waiting for the water to reach that temperature. “Did you receive a list of locations from Spidey yet?”

“Yes, there are twenty-seven within the city limits and six outside them, including a large compound extremely close to safe house delta.”

“Can you run surveillance on the three locations closest to the Syndicate office building I visited this week? I’d like drone fly overs with sonar imaging and tap into all security feeds you can around each building. Let’s build a detailed packet on each place. I want to know the number of personnel, likely uses of the facility, any patterns of movement. I want to hit those three tonight.”

“What should I do with this information?”

“Just compile it for now and send the three locations to my phone’s GPS.”

*****

Raisa

Raisa woke slowly, feeling the most rested she’d felt since before her parents died and strangely sore in some very intimate places. Then she remembered. Gregori’s men had trashed her apartment, and she had made love to Kris more than once last night. Her cheeks burned with the memories that were coming to her. She’d been right. He was such a thoughtful and talented lover. Definitely not what she would get from Gregori.

Now, when the inevitable happened, she would always have the memory of her first time and how great it was to hide in. She reached over for Kris and felt only cold, empty sheets beside her. She sat up, grabbing for the sheet, when she realized she had no clothes on.

Raisa could see through the blinds that the sun was up and as her eyes focused on the alarm clock on the nightstand, she realized it was almost noon. She’d never slept that late. She guessed Kris had really worn her out and allowed her to relax, but now she needed to get up.

Nature was calling and not in an easy way, either. She hurried into the restroom and relieved herself, then realized she had a problem. All the clothes she owned were in the other bedroom except for the dress she’d worn last night and her temptation lingerie.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close