Phantom Politics - Cover

Phantom Politics

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Chapter 3

Glenna came up front at the sound of the front door chime. She stopped when she saw that Mysti wasn’t alone. “What is he doing here, Mysti?”

Mysti frowned. “Not you, too. I swear that man causes me more work than any one psychic healer needs.”

She walked over to Glenna removing an amber colored crystal on a rawhide cord from her own neck and tied it around Glenna’s. “Here, you need this worse than me.” She walked behind Glenna, pulled her blouse out of her pants, and ran her hand up her bare back until it rested between her shoulder blades. “Cough three times for me, please, as hard as you can.”

Glenna looked at Harry who was shaking his head. “She won’t stop pestering you ‘til you do it.”

Glenna nodded and swallowed hard. Her mouth always went dry when he was around. His dark hair and gray-blue eyes made her knees weak and pulse race. When he spoke, the deep timbre of his voice washed over her like a warm bath of massage oil. If he wasn’t Harry Gladstone, she’d kiss him senseless, but he was, and that meant he was off limits. Heck, he was the enemy.

A slight clearing of the throat from Mysti, and Glenna coughed three times. “Oh goodness. You’re in worse shape than Harry was.” Mysti pulled her hand out from under her shirt and turned toward her cousin. “Harry, come here. I didn’t bring the sagats with me so you’ll have to fill in.”

Harry frowned as he walked up to his cousin, who grabbed his left hand and placed it on Glenna’s left cheek. The jolt of electricity that ran through her was strong enough to cause her to shake. “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to have Harry help me balance your Sakral Chakra. Now stop fidgeting.” She took Harry’s other hand and slid it up under Glenna’s shirt until his right hand lay just above her belly button.

“Umm, Mysti? I’m not comfortable with this.”

The woman looked at her and winked. “Just relax. I promise this will make you feel better.”

Harry looked as uncomfortable as she felt. “Mysti, what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to sound those tones like I did for you earlier, Harry. Keep your hands pressed tight where they are and look into Glenna’s eyes and breathe deep. On the out breath, I want you to make that oooo sound. Glenna, you breathe with him and when he makes the sound, I want you to match the pitch and do it with him. Got it?”

“This is silly, Mysti.”

“Glenna Schumacher, if you want me to lay down on your table, then you know I can’t do that ‘til your negative balance is made right. So, you breathe and chant with Harry. I don’t know why you two are complaining, we all know you both are attracted to each other.”

“You’re wrong this time cousin.” Harry said. “Glenna doesn’t even like me and the feeling is mutual.”

Glenna frowned. He didn’t like her? “Right.”

Mysti waved dismissively. “Whatever. You both know I’m never wrong on the important stuff, so shut up and breathe and chant together. I need my massage.”

Glenna wanted to argue more but she saw Harry subtly shake his head and the hand on her stomach gave her a light stroke that did wonderful things deep inside her.

“Oh, that’s good! Your vital energy just soared, and you haven’t even started chanting yet.”

Harry smiled at the embarrassment on her face. “Ready to start?”

She nodded slightly and they both drew in air together. Harry breathed out with a deep OOOOOOO and Glenna did her best to match him, only an octave higher. After about ten breaths Mysti stopped them, and Glenna had never felt the loss of touch more deeply than when Harry pulled his hands off her face and belly.

Glenna lead Mysti back to the room she’d set up for her. “Okay, go get undressed and under the sheet. I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

“Okie dokie.”

Harry watched as Glenna led Mysti back to one of the massage rooms. He had tried very hard to control himself when Mysti had placed his hand on Glenna’s bare flesh. He had fought it but couldn’t keep himself from one quick stroke of her stomach. God, she was so beautiful, her skin the color of caramel, just begged to be licked. Her scent, that had driven him crazy since high school, had been even more intoxicating with her breathing out her ooo tones into his face. Her deep brown eyes had stared so deep into his, he was sure he’d never find his way out. He thought back to high school. He’d been sure he was going to be captain of the debating team, right up until he’d had to debate against Glenna.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close