Phantom Politics - Cover

Phantom Politics

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Chapter 14

Harry woke Glenna Tuesday morning so they could get ready to head home. Of course, she looked so perfectly sensual laying there asleep in his arms that their departure was much later than they’d planned. They’d agreed to shower together to save time, but that had put them even farther behind schedule. Harry didn’t care, he couldn’t get enough of his beautiful bride, and now she didn’t have to feel guilty about everything they were doing to each other.

She kept telling him, he was making her brain and other body parts melt into goo. He honestly loved it and told her he planned to keep her a melting puddle for years to come. She blushed and moaned her acceptance as he captured her in his arms once again. “Not again Harry, we’ll never get out of this room if you don’t stop touching me like that.”

He let her go with a growl. “Fine, but tonight I get to do whatever I want to you.”

She shook her head. “Absolutely not! You got to worship me the way you wanted last night and this morning. Tonight, I get to touch you anyway I want and you have to let me, or else you can just stay at your ancient Inn all alone.”

His face took on a huge smile. “I’m not going to say no, Goddess. I’m all yours. Your willing boy toy forever.”

She came close and leaned in like she was going to kiss him and whispered against his lips. “There’s nothing boyish about you, my love.” Then she licked his neck from under his ear to his collarbone before spinning away and pulling on her clothes. She’d just dressed, when there was a knock on the door. It was the bell hop come to take their bags down to the car. “Please put the dress bag in the backseat. I don’t want it to get messed up.”

He nodded and Harry slipped him a fifty for his help. “Thank you, Sir. Miss Princeton asked that I tell you she has a gift for you before you leave, sir.”

“All right, thank you and would you tell the valet to go ahead and pull the car around. We’ll be right down.”

“Of course, sir.”

Harry sighed and pulled Glenna in for one more moment of passionate kisses before the real world intruded. After they both were left panting and wishing they could take advantage of that bed one more time, they walked out of the room hand in hand.

They saw Gina the minute they got off the elevator. She waved them over to the counter. “Checking out?”

“You know we are. I told you just one night.” Harry handed her his credit card and she handed it right back to him. “Your stay is on the house, Mr. and Mrs. Gladstone. And from all the staff here at the Monaco, we wish you a very happy marriage.”

“Thank you, Gina,” Glenna said, before Harry could argue. “That was a very nice wedding present.”

“Think nothing of it. Now you two let me know when you’re coming back this way, and we’ll get together for dinner. Oh, and if any of those handsome men in your town are looking for a hot career-minded woman, give them my number won’t ya?”

Harry smiled. “Why don’t you come down to the Inn when you get your next vacation. I bet I could hook you up with a couple of guys who could give you a run for your money.”

She smiled “Well, maybe I will, but don’t count on it. Once I get promoted I won’t have time for a vacation.”

Harry shook his head. “We all need to get away and recharge, Gina. Remember what Professor Acres used to say. ‘Burnout is all too prevalent in this profession.’ So, don’t work yourself right out of a career.”

“Like I said, we’ll see.”

Harry saw the car pull up, and he and Glenna said their goodbyes. Frank waved at them and André told him his wife would be calling him in the next couple of days. She was looking forward to celebrating their anniversary at the Inn with Leanne’s fine dining experience.

Then they were in the car and headed back home. Just as Harry had predicted, Glenna was asleep within minutes of them leaving Denver. Their late-night activities and the drone of the highway had lulled her to sleep. Harry grabbed the double espresso he’d picked up when he’d fueled up and added some caffeinated energy to his tired body. He adjusted the rear-view mirror so he could sneak glances at his wife while she slept. Soon they’d be back in Gladstone, battling Hal and the small-town rumor mill. But he didn’t care. If she let him, Harry would shout she was his from the top of City Hall. But he knew she didn’t want to make a big deal about it ‘til after the elections in November, so he’d be secretly married to her for a few months. As long as they were together, he could care less.

*****

Glenna woke as they pulled off the Interstate into Gladstone. Harry went straight to the Gladstone Estate and grabbed several changes of clothes before heading to Glenna’s house. Well, their house now. He followed her in his SUV and she was happy to be driving Pinky again. Her belly did flips thinking about not having to come home to an empty house anymore. Instead she’d come home to Harry.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close