My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 8: United We Stand

Gabriel has the gift of illumination which means he sees a glow coming off people. When the glow is dull or dark he knows they are sick or under demonic attack. The very first time Gabriel walked into Molly’s darkened bedroom he could see the glow flowing out from the darkness. It is strong and bright. As soon as Molly got cleaned up, fed and the big one felt safe, her glow amplified and now Gabriel almost has to squint his eyes to look at her, but even so he cannot pull his eyes away from her. So it almost appears to Gabriel as they are snuggling there reading the Bible that Gabriel is holding an angel.

“I wish I could read.”

“You can’t read?”

Kate mysteriously all of a sudden wakes up, almost as if she was pretending to be asleep listening to them the whole time, and looks at Gabriel. Gabriel raises his eyebrows to Kate. “We ... I mean ‘they’ didn’t see the point and you know they didn’t want her to learn anything about him.”

“By him do you mean God?”

“Yes.”

Gabriel studies Kate for several moments: wondering just what part Kate is really playing in all this. “What else haven’t you told her? Obviously she knows some because you told me about ‘their’ plans in front of her.”

“Actually that was the first time I have ever spoken that out loud to anybody. She knew something wasn’t right with her parents, and the people and ceremonies scared her. Mostly she was glad that I stole her away because she got to go outside and do things. It was like a grand adventure. At least until the demons started to attack, anyway. Honestly I don’t know what she knows and what she doesn’t. She really doesn’t talk. I don’t think I ever heard her speak more than a hundred words the whole time I’ve been around her; that is until you.”

Gabriel looks at Molly and then back at Kate. After a few more times and with his mind reeling he says, “We all are going to talk about everything after you start feeling better.”

“Okay. Speaking of which I feel lousy and I could use a glass of water.”

“Molly, would you get her a glass of water from the bathroom sink.” Molly looks at Gabriel and the bathroom and is uncertain she wants to be that far away from Gabriel’s reach. “Please, my leg is hurting.”

That did it. Molly says, “Okay.”

When she disappears around the corner to reach the sink, which isn’t more than ten feet away from Gabriel, Gabriel turns to Kate and says, “I see we still have a lot to talk about. Oh and by the way I believe Molly knows a lot more about what’s going on than you could ever comprehend. God is with her.”

Kate is nodding with an almost concerned look on her face as Molly walks out of the bathroom. For the first time Kate sees what Molly is wearing and laughs and says, “What are you wearing?”

“Gabriel thinks I’m beautiful.”

“You are beautiful.” Kate’s eyes fill with tears as the realization hits her again of what just exactly she was about to be a part of: the sacrifice and murder of this pretty, wonderful, awesome little girl. “I don’t know who or what you are, but thank you.”

Kate drinks down the water quickly and turns over and goes back to sleep; though Gabriel is going to keep a closer watch on her because something just isn’t right with her.

At this point Molly is standing next to Gabriel on his right. He pats her cute little bottom and says, “Young lady, we are going to teach you how to read. What do you think of that?”

With a big smile she says, “Yes please!”

Before continuing to read the Gospel of Matthew Gabriel realizes there is much going on here. He knows he has to prepare. Molly lives or they all die.

The Mission to the World: Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had arranged to meet them. When they saw him they fell down before him, though some hesitated. Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.’

Molly takes in a deep breath and lets it out slowly, and with big eyes, and in all seriousness she says, “I guess we have a lot of work to do.”

Gabriel looks down and while looking at the top of her head then leaning his head to hers he falls far beyond madly in love with this little girl. There is no longer any doubt in his heart and mind; this little girl walks with God. And God has brought them together.

As Gabriel is closing the Bible and Molly is hugging him harder they hear Kate start to cough even worse. Molly moves the Bible off of Gabriel’s lap and then turning around she sits on him while both of them are looking at Kate in concern.

“Molly, there is a passage in the Bible that says he knew us before. I’m beginning to believe that we knew each other before.” and Gabriel is getting the feeling that Molly is buying about as much of Kate’s explanations as he is.

“I like that. Is that why I feel like I already know you? Is that why... ‘that’ happened between us?” Every time she thinks on that experience it sends a jolt deep inside her. Her grip tightens.

Gabriel senses it and tightens his grip as well. “I’m thinking so. Well, I guess we should go to the store and get Aunt Kate some cough medicine.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close