My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 50: Hand in Hand with the Lord

With the new arrivals settling in and December moving right along, Molly and Gabriel don’t let the new numbers stop them from their plans to go out into the streets and bring home very special girls. They will help anyone, but only pure and wonderful girls will come home.

The Sisters were able to talk another two Sisters into coming to live on the farm and help with the new Charismatic Order and the girls. Sister Lila who is thirty-seven is stern in her looks, but true in her love of God and the girls. Sister Maryann who’s twenty-four is sweet and fits in more as a big sis than an authority figure.

As December thirteenth comes along Gabriel turns to Molly, “You ready?”

“Yes, sir.” she says snapping to attention and saluting.

Gabriel shakes his head and says, “Kansas City here we come.”

They would have left earlier, but it was adorable Haley’s twelfth birthday yesterday and they wanted to see her reaction to her new kitten.

Molly has always loved the music Gabriel selected for her to listen to and it is no different when he turns his fifties CD on and Kansas City comes out the speakers. It is quite the drive to Kansas City, many hours in fact, but they are having fun and felt commanded to go there.

Then all of a sudden Molly reaches over and turns off the radio and says, “Do you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“Quiet. I love the girls, but when you get forty of them chattering at the same time it gets very hard to understand any of them.”

“Yeah, when we get back I’m going to have that construction crew sound-proof my library.”

“Your library?”

“If you’re a good girl I might let you in.”

“Humph!” Then she thinks about it and leans over and smacks him.

“Shall we start in Missouri this time?”

“Sure. Gabriel?”

“Yeah, babe.”

“Thank you for letting me put one of the babies in our room and raising it as ours. I wish I could have had a baby.”

“What?” then before he knows it they drive right by three girls on the side of the freeway. “Damn!”

“What’s wrong?”

“We just drove by some girls on the side of the freeway. Damn, wait!” The same girls reappear, but with the traffic Gabriel cannot stop that fast and even in a smaller motor home they don’t stop that fast. “It looked like the same girls, and I swear I’ve seen them before.” Gabriel sees them again and quickly pulls over, horns a blazing. Gabriel opens the door to them and no one is there. “Hmm.”

“Come on, Gabriel, it sounds like a demon of false focus or distraction is trying to prevent us from getting to a very special girl.” Molly knows exactly how to handle Gabriel. As a warrior, it is actually quite easy; make it so he will put somebody else’s needs before his own.

What a perfect distraction that was.

Gabriel looks at her and ever since December had come he feels like he is ... unraveling. Not mentally, physically or even spiritually, just deep down on an atomic level. Now the ‘unreality’ stuff is starting to reappear. He is happier than he has ever been ... and healthier. When the girls call him daddy he feels like he is living many lifetimes in a day. He leans his head on the steering wheel and Molly unbuckles and comes over and rubs his back, “Don’t worry we’re almost there.”

Gabriel nods and waits for Molly to buckle herself back in and then he turns Kansas City back on the radio and says, “That’s right, we’re almost there,” but that is not what Molly was talking about.

In almost every city there is a main place homeless people congregate. Kansas City has several. They find one in the back of an industrialized section of Kansas City. Almost always the smell is more than it has to be. “This looks like a good spot.” They always try to find an area where they won’t interfere with traffic or business.

Without saying a word to anyone they pull out their barbecue and fire it up. As the smell of hamburgers and hotdogs perforate the air, the crowd starts getting bigger.

“I’m a vegetarian.”

“Toasted cheese sandwich okay for you? We also have canned peaches.”

“Yes that’ll do.” She can’t be more than seventeen.

Both Molly and Gabriel watch her to see if she is a viable candidate for the farm. There is just something off about her. She is unpleasant to everybody and there is no gratitude in her heart. Obviously Molly and Gabriel are understanding of such things; taking into account much has probably happened to her in her young life, but some people are just naturally negative. Gabriel thinks back on one of his tools to use and that is one of the reasons Jesus came down and walked amongst us was to show us what He is asking of us can be done, even under hard circumstances. They figure if a girl is a sweetheart while a hard life is in progress, then who she is, is core deep. Her core beliefs are set for her to overcome. Not this one. But God often uses time to change that. Good luck.

As everybody is sitting down with their backs against the wall eating, it is very quiet. All of a sudden Molly and Gabriel hear a young girl’s voice yell in annoyance, “No, I’m not going out there!” come from around the corner of the building. Molly and Gabriel look at each other and Gabriel is getting ready to go over there when he again hears, “No, I’m not going to do it.” Then all of a sudden she comes flying out barely able to stay on her feet. Someone obviously just shoved her. Whoever it is Gabriel could not hear their side of the conversation. “Stop it!” and the girl tries to go back into hiding, but an unseen force won’t let her. Molly and Gabriel smile at each other.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close