My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 5: A Bond Starts to Form

“Gabriel?”

“Yes, Molly”

As Gabriel is driving home with Molly in his truck and Kate following close behind, Molly begins to feel less and less oppressed and starts to be a little girl again. “What did you mean when you said I met the right person when we were talking about me having no clothes to put on?”

“I actually have bins and bins of clothes at my house.”

“You do? How come?”

“Well, mainly two reasons: one I have several charities. One is Saint Raphael’s Care Program and another one is Saint Gabriel’s Love, Hope and Faith Charter Programs for Girls. Both of which I give away clothes. However, most of it started because I was going to start a fashion design company, but I quickly realized I did not have the patience for sewing. So I took the mannequins I had already bought and started doing mannequin photography.”

“What is a mannequin?”

“It looks like a person, but it is made out of plastic or sometimes fiberglass. I still have some and I will show you some of my pictures if you would like. In fact, if you want you can even dress up a mannequin and take pictures of it yourself.”

“Really?

“Sure! Look, babygirl, the best victory you are going to have against the demonic is to live a good joyful life. It is true at first we are going to spend a lot of time praying, reading and studying the Word of God, but you have a whole life ahead of you that needs to be lived.” Molly’s eyes go big. “I am a person who not only believes but knows it takes more than saying I believe in Jesus, it takes effort and action to glorify the Lord and to live righteous in the Father’s eyes. We’ll get into all that, don’t you worry.”

“Is that why you help people like me and Aunt Kate?”

“Yep.”

The ride from Fiddletown to Plymouth is a short one. Before long they are pulling into the driveway of the country farm house that Gabriel lives at with his brother off of Old Sacramento Road. Gabriel is getting ready to move, but for now he and his brother have migrated to their individual bedrooms and live their lives. Gabriel comes up with a lot of stuff to pass time, but Gabriel proudly calls himself a Soldier of God, a Disciple of Christ and a Student of the Holy Spirit. Gabriel may have only come home to the Lord over four years ago, but he has not been idle. Gabriel believes to truly believe in the Lord is to serve: faith and works with love is wonderful, but Gabriel serves with obedience and strength.

As usual as Gabriel pulls up in his white truck, his black and white kitty Charlie comes out to greet him and welcome him home. There are times, especially before coming home to God, that if it wasn’t for the unconditional love of Charlie, Gabriel might not have survived to live the Word and to help people in turn. Humans are both spirit and flesh and both need to be nurtured. Nurtured not overindulged.

There are many things that bother Gabriel, some even still piss him off, though he is trying to work on that and let go old trespasses, but abortion is at the top of his list. The democrats have murdered more babies than Hitler did of the Jews, than Stalin did of his own people and so on. This is Gabriel’s view. Life begins when the sperm wiggles into the egg; that is when the spirit comes down and joins with the flesh giving it animation and the energy life force to grow. However, Gabriel does recognize that something gives that little sperm the wiggle power to make it through the woman’s system to her egg. Amen.

Gabriel hates it that he can see so clearly that the democrats and ‘others’ are condemning millions of people to damnation. When a woman says I’m pro choice because it is my body, Gabriel becomes enraged because it is not her body she is tearing limb from limb.

“Gabriel. Gabriel?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, honey; my mind likes to wander some times. What can I do for you, young lady?”

“Charlie is fat!”

“Yeah, well, we both have packed on the pounds as we are getting older. Let’s help Kate get the stuff out of her car.”

“Okay.”

Gabriel holds the door open for Kate and Molly and directs them back to his bedroom. The first thing that greets them at the bedroom door is a big picture of Jesus, which is hiding a big hole in the door, and an American flag just under it. Of late, that is pretty much Gabriel. Though mostly, as liberalism grows, Gabriel’s patriotism dies.

They walk in to Gabriel’s bedroom where there is very little open space. A queen-size bed, two computer desks with their own computers, a book shelf full of Bibles and other religious books, two night tables and a filing cabinet that is mostly used for storing DVD’s pretty much take up near all the room. The bathroom is just to the right as you walk in the door.

“Unfortunately, ladies, I live in my bedroom so that means we live in my bedroom for the next few days.”

You would think the girls might hesitate at that, but once again in unison they say, “Okay.” Not only do they not have a problem with it, they are glad they will not be out of Gabriel’s reach.

Gabriel is playing it cool and putting the girls’ needs before his own, but he is just exalting inside for in one way or another almost all of his prayers are being answered. The truth of putting the girls’ needs before his own is at the very heart of Gabriel’s essence. He was born to be a soldier. His prayers, even when for himself, are so he may serve better in the Lord’s army. When your personal, even selfish, prayers coincide with the will of God, you are truly living ... well you are just truly living.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close