My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 49: Together

They settle in and make a plan before going out for more girls. It is half way through November by the time Gabriel calls about getting the girls from the school to them. Do to his criminal past Gabriel expected a big fight to make it happen, but the nuns support it in every way. Not only that, but two nuns come with the girls with plans of starting another Charismatic Order. Molly loves that idea. They start making a plan to build a Convent on the other side of the forty acres.

Gabriel makes it clear to the nuns, “At the first sign of liberalism in anybody, even visiting mother superiors or the Pope himself, and the whole deal is off and you will never be welcomed back.”

Sister Anna’s eyes go big, but they agree.

Over time Special Agent Bruno was able to find the families of more of the girls. When the girls show up they are sixteen strong plus two nuns. Gabriel is actually very grateful for having other adults around because Molly and he will be gone now and again seeking those God sends them to.

There are more than enough bedrooms for everybody to have their own, but Gabriel doubles them up, which makes God joyful because it not only shows they are leaving themselves upon to the will of God, but they know he will be honoring them more.

They spend a lot of time in Knoxville to seek those in dire need of thy Lord’s mercy, but they also go as far as Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta and they even travel as far as Kansas City, both Kansas and Missouri once or twice, but they decide to focus mainly on the Appalachians and link up with an old charity Gabriel donates to and now Gabriel and Molly often give to: The Christian Appalachian Project.

The best news of all is Sister Kristy grew up on a farm. She takes the lead and is not shy about ordering Molly and Gabriel around also. Molly has always been grateful for Gabriel’s caresses, but that first week she doesn’t let him take his hands off of her once they are out of the fields. It may be winter, but they are preparing the soil for spring. Gabriel is more than glad he has a complete healthy body now.

Gabriel really hasn’t had much time to think about that particular miracle, but with Molly in his arms already asleep he thinks about it. “I have never truly known what it is to be a fully healthy man. Since I was fourteen I’ve been hampered by a disabled leg and the anger and life disruption of something like that happening at the impressionable age of transition; fourteen. I should have grown into a man and lived my life. Instead I was never allowed to be a soldier in the US Army and between me being molested as child and getting into drugs I made every wrong decision that was possible to make. I was no longer afraid of death, though I suppose I was never really afraid of much, other than mean dogs. At the age of fifty-five I have been given a new lease on life. If I knew I had to give up God and my Molly to stay this way I would cut my leg off myself. The burn scars were never really a big deal to me, but not having my old life tattoos is a gift unto itself. Whole or disabled I am a soldier of God, a disciple of Christ and a student of the Holy Spirit, but my proudest accomplishment and glory is my Molly. She loved me scarred, she loves me now, that is the healing force of love, that is my Molly.”

Gabriel wakes with an odd perception towards life and all it took for him to get where he is. He looks over and sees Molly with the covers pulled up to her nose; after all it is late November in Tennessee. He lies there with a contentment of divine stature and is grateful for it all.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning, babygirl. Are you ready for another day on the farm?”

She smiles and says, “Yeah, I love the peace and quiet out here.”

They walk down to the dining area where the sisters already have breakfast on the table and all the girls are screaming and arguing about one thing or another.

“Ah, yes, the peace of nature.”

Molly gives him one of his favorite looks and says, “Humph.”

“Girls!” The girls startle at the powerful interruption. Some come over and hug him, some take their seats and some continue their arguments with looks rather than loud words. “So, what is this about?”

Gabriel’s favorite next to Molly, the adorable eleven year old brunette named Haley says, “I want a cat.” That reignites everything.

“I want a dog.”

“Me too.”

“I want goats.”

“No, I want horses.”

“Yeah, horses.” Another handful of girls chime in.

“I want a pig.”

“A pig!”

“Yeah, what’s wrong with a pig?...” then Rinny thinks about it for a second and finishes, “But not for eating.”

All peace and serenity has gone to the animals, literally.

“Girls. Girls. GIRLS!” they all sit down again and turn to Gabriel. “Has it occurred to you that this is a farm and farms usually have all those things?” The girls start looking at each other. Molly laughs. “However, it will be understood that animals are a lot of work.”

“Does that mean we can have them all?”

“As long as it is understood that you take care of your animal. In fact, I have a kitty named Charlie I need to send for. Oh and by the way if your dog hurts my cat it will be dinner.” Some of the girls are aghast. “You might want to close your mouth before a fly flies in.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close