My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 41: Follow the Will of God

Once back in their hotel room Molly looks to Gabriel and asks, “Do you think I caused that?”

“Do you mean, do you think ‘we’ caused that?”

“Uh huh.”

“I don’t know, I really just do not know. I hope not, several people lost their lives.”

Molly is lying on top of him with her head propped in her hands with her elbows on his chest. With tears in her eyes she nods and says, “I’m sorry.”

“For what; loving me and being connected so purely to the Holy Spirit? You have nothing to be sorry for. When God hits us with an increase like that it means he is preparing us for something coming and I believe he is helping me give you the life he commanded me to give you.”

Molly nods and then lays her head on his chest and is fast asleep. Gabriel however stays awake for a while wondering what really did just happen. “Damn.”

Soon Gabriel follows her into slumber. Almost immediately a male persona angel of powerful presence that he has never seen before comes to him. “She is your way in.”

“Into what? Heaven?”

“No, that is a personal choice.”

“I don’t understand.”

“The door to a school in shadow is hard to find. She is your way in.”

“Are you talking about that school where the girls are missing? We are already going to go there.”

“You will not have victory without risk. She is your way in.”

Though Molly and Gabriel have yet to research the school, he figures you either have to be rich or the girl gets sent there by the courts, probably both. “Are you telling me Molly has to go undercover by herself? No f•©king way!”

“She is your way in. She will not be alone; we will be there with her.”

“But I won’t; no way.”

“She is your way in!”

“I don’t care; she is not going to leave my sight.”

“She is your way in.”

“There is another way in.”

“Not to fulfill the ... No.”

“F•©k YOU!!!” Gabriel screams so loud in his dream he not only wakes himself up, but with Molly resting her head on his chest she gets thrown off him as he does it in real life.

Molly looks at him in alarm, “What was that and who were you talking to?”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Gabriel.”

“Fine, an angel came to me and told me the only way we are going to get into that school is if you go undercover and go in by yourself.”

“Oh, uh, no.”

“You’re damn right, no.” and he pulls Molly back onto him and holds her tight, emphasizing there is no way in hell that she is getting out of arms reach.

They awaken in late morning sore from the previous days shipwreck. The hotel has Wi-Fi so they start to research the school. It turns out it is just a school for troubled girls, not a type of juvenile hall, so their money might get them in the doors, but they doubt they could stay there long enough to find anything useful out.

“We’ll call and make an appointment and I’ll tell them I will not leave you there without me first being given full access to look around. We’ll map the layout and then go back to our motor home, find a place to park and make a plan and figure our own way in.”

“Okay.”

“No.” Click.

It took all of five seconds for the headmistress to say no to that demand. “Humph.”

“Now what?”

“Well, my babygirl, we will go do a drive by and go from there.” They pack their stuff a day early and head out. They take 10 back to Baton Rouge.

As Gabriel is getting ready to shut the driver’s door, the door won’t shut. Gabriel looks up and it’s the same angel holding the door, “She is your way in.”

“I don’t care.” and Gabriel slams the door.

“You don’t care about what?

“Oh, I was talking to that pesky angel again.”

“What did he say?”

“All he says is, ‘she is your way in’.”

“Are you sure that’s what he meant, is that what he said?”

Gabriel thinks about it for a second, “Well, no, I guess I said that, but when I pointed out you would be alone, he said no you wouldn’t we would be there.”

“We?”

“Well I assume he was talking about angels, but actually I guess I stopped listening.” Gabriel starts looking around, but doesn’t see him. “Typical.”

“What Babe?” After moments like on the ship it takes them a few days to get back to full father and daughter mode.

“Oh, there’s never a cop around when you need one, so the saying goes.”

“Huh?”

“Why are you picking on me?”

She laughs and says, “I’m not.”

“Humph.”

It turns out there is no way to do a reconnaissance mission because the school is out in the middle of nowhere down a private road that is a gated entrance a near mile from the actual school.

They pull up to the gate and immediately two armed guards come out, “Yes sir, can we help you?”

“I called earlier to see about getting my daughter in here, but I was disconnected.” The other guard walks over to a phone and calls the headmistress.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close