My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 36: Here We Go Again

They head towards the back of the house with full intent to go out to the graveyard. “I wouldn’t do that.”

“Why not?” asks Gabriel.

“Yeah why shouldn’t we?” reinforces Molly.

“I just wouldn’t.”

Molly looks at Gabriel and then says, “The house is plenty enough to explore.”

Gabriel growls his agreement. They search for another way around so they don’t have to go back through the living room. They come to a four way corridor: the halls long and ominous. All of a sudden their flashlights come back on half blinding them. This time Molly growls.

As they are standing there trying to figure out what to do, they notice that one corridor is a lot colder. Even their flashlights don’t penetrate the darkness. You would think that would be a warning to keep you away, but as soldiers of God you operate in the spirit and the spirit is courageous.

“Gabriel, I think we have found what we were sent for.” Gabriel stops and kneels down before Molly gazing lovingly into her eyes. It endures for so long that Molly gets a little nervous and swallows hard, “What?”

Gabriel pulls her down to a squatting position and strokes her hair and kisses her; then her pulls her into his lap and they just recharge for a moment. Their spirits connect. Then Gabriel starts to pray in tongues. With a final caress and kiss Gabriel breaks the silence that wasn’t so silent, “You ready?”

Molly salutes, resolute in her love and trust for her daddy, “Yes sir!”

The temperature drops noticeably with every stride they take. The flashlights go about three feet in front of them and then gets swallowed up by the darkness. They move along slowly with their hands on the wall to guide them. All of a sudden the wall becomes sticky. On top of that it sounds like the walls are breathing.

“Oh great!”

“Gabriel, what is that?”

“The walls are bleeding.”

“Any chance that is the Blood of the Lamb come to protect us?”

Gabriel leans in and smells it and pulls quickly away, “Ugh, no, babe, I think the Blood of the Lamb would smell better.” From this point on Molly finds comfort in talking and being so close to Gabriel that they keep tripping over each other. “Babe, if you are going to stay that close you are going to have to get on my left because if you make me roll my right ankle we could get stuck down here.” Molly flies over to his left never letting go.

Along with the temperature drop the smell has increasingly become horrid. Unfortunately Gabriel has smelled it before. As his mind wanders to darker things he is brought back to reality when Molly again starts talking, “I thought there are no such things as ghost.”

“Ghosts? What brought that on?”

Molly slowly raises her arm and points. Gabriel follows her finger and sees what she sees. “Because of that.” Molly is pointing at a glowing entity a little further down the ‘hell hall’. It almost seems to nod at them and then it turns and walks into the wall and disappears.

“Oh, uh, no, there are many documented cases of the spirit being trapped here, though I believe most of the time it is when the demonic interfere and enslave the spirit to do their bidding to help pull a child of God from the light, to get that spirit to hell. As far as I know it could be part of a trial and tribulation of purgatory; though tradition doesn’t mention that. Or it could be they are helping God help someone else.”

“But why?”

“But why what?”

“But why do they do it at all?”

“What, you mean the demons?”

“Yes.”
“To hurt the Father, I guess. To be petty petulant children who will break a toy so nobody else can play with it; if they are not allowed to play with it anymore. And you know; what else are you going to do when you are eternal? It has to be pretty boring when you have the light taken from you. Perhaps we are just entertainment to them. Though I tend to believe they serve a purpose to help separate the true ones from the false teachers.”

“But wasn’t it their fault they got kicked out of heaven?”

“Yes, and on top of that, since Jesus came down and won the war for us, they still fight the battles for I’m assuming reasons we mere humans can’t even begin to fathom.”

“Do you remember in the Bible where it says ‘the Word is sharp enough to separate soul and spirit’?”

“Yes.”

“I thought they were the same thing until you pointed that out.”

“So did I, but I explained it to you as it was explained to me. Soul is Greek for psyche; so when you say body, mind and soul, you are basically saying body, mind and mind; though psyche is a little more than just mind. Babe, you are as good as me, if not better, at leaving yourself open to the Holy Spirit when studying the Word of God. Pray on it and you let me know.”

Molly loves how Gabriel treats her as an equal. It has been around seven months since Gabriel first rescued Molly and Molly rescued Gabriel and from the first moment Gabriel laid his hands upon her, she has come to life in every way: body, mind and spirit.

“So, we are made from the earth and the spirit came down and gave us animation, life?”

“I believe.”

“At what point does the spirit come to us?”

“I choose to believe that as soon as the sperm wiggles its way into the egg is when the spirit comes upon us, that’s why abortion at any stage is murder and life begins when the spirit joins with us. But then again something makes that sperm go to the egg. We could be awash in the spirit right now.”

“Isn’t the spirit us? After all the Bible also says God knew us before and you like to say one of the reason we are so right for each other is because we knew each other before.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close