My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 34: Whatever You Say

At this point not to follow the will of God would be blasphemous. Molly and Gabriel both promised the Lord in their prayers once He united the other with the one meant for them, they would give their best effort to show gratitude for trusting in them. What a ride so far!

After the motor home was towed to a repair place they found more than just the door ripped off. The whole vehicle is riddled with holes from flying debris. It was nice to have a family full of company, but they decide to go back down in size. It’s a tight fit for six, with two of them having to sleep on the floor, but Gabriel is starting to feel both his age and action. Anyway, for now it is just the four of them.

It is Molly’s idea, “While we’re waiting for our new motor home let’s go visit the momma and baby Michael.” Now that they think on it, they didn’t even bother to get the mother’s name.

The hospital is running on generator power. It is amazing how money can move things along. With this region devastated by the hurricane it could have taken weeks to get a new motor home, but since they are paying in full up front and giving them their old one, the owner of the RV sales business is going to drive two hundred miles to their other sales lot that was missed by the hurricane and pick it up himself.

“Yes, yesterday a mother and baby were brought in from a wreck on the big bridge.”

It is a small town and the nurse knows of whom they are asking, “Room 101, just down that hall.”

“Thank you.” Molly and Gabriel walk down the hall hand in hand.

Sandra and Eric stayed back at the motel. With most of the roof ripped off the motel they had to share one room. Sandra and Eric thought they were being sly saying they were going to take a nap, but it will be the first time they can be alone since the miracle happened. If they didn’t believe before, they do now. From the wistful look Molly gives them as she is leaving the room, Gabriel figures she understands too.

Gabriel looks at Molly and smiles and says, “There’s a familiar sound.” as they walk into the room the baby Michael is crying once again. “Hello.”

“Hi,” adds Molly.

“You probably don’t remember us, but we were the ones who got you out of the car.”

She starts to cry, “Oh, God, thank you so much for saving my baby.”

Molly walks over to her and hugs her, “You will be happy to know God sent us to save both of you.”

“Really!?” the momma is unusually shocked by that. “Even me!?”

“Of course,” adds Gabriel.

“Of course,” throws in Molly. “I’m sorry I never got your name.”

“Martha, my name is Martha and...” just as she is about to go on there comes a loud boisterous voice from the nurse’s desk. Martha gets not only a sad look on her face, but also a scared look on her face. To Gabriel it appears that her eyes are darting around looking for a way to run.

“Where is my daughter!?”

“Sir, sir, just wait a second!”

He is hurrying down the hall yelling out her name, “MARTHA, MARTHA!!!” He looks in the room and sees her and comes in yelling at her.

“HEY!!!” it is Gabriel.

“Who the f•©k are you!?”

“Why don’t you quiet down?”

“F•©k you, punk, get out of my way.” The man though obviously in his sixties with his black haired peppered with gray is fit and able.

“Uh oh.” It’s Molly because she knows her daddy does not like that word.

In a calm respectful manner Gabriel says, “Why don’t you close your mouth before I close it for you.”

The man’s eyes rage and he walks towards Gabriel and then he is shaking his head picking himself up off the floor. “What the...”

“Daddy, please.”

He ignores Gabriel, but is now calmer. “I told you not to leave the manor.”

“I told you, daddy, I am over eighteen now and I’m leaving. Me and my baby are leaving.”

“That is my heir: the only male child in the family.”

Molly is annoyed, “What does it matter whether your heir is a boy or a girl.”

The guy looks at her in disgust, but ignores her.

“Daddy, we’re leaving.”

“As I understand it your car is wrecked and you lost everything when it plunged over the side when they moved the motor home.”

Her head drops in utter hopelessness. “Yes daddy.”

Molly says, “Actually, sir, Martha and Michael are coming with us.” Then Molly smiles sweetly at him because she knows her speaking to him will insult his sensibilities.

Martha’s head picks up with relief and joy in her eyes and a big smile on her pretty face. Her blue eyes shine from around her black hair. “Yeah!”

The man thinks to take a step towards Molly but looks at Gabriel and smiles and tries a different tactic. “Okay, sweetheart, but why don’t you come home for a few days to rest up. Your friends can come too.”

Martha isn’t falling for any of it. She has seen this tactic before and she knows what awaits her at the old family manor. “I don’t know, daddy, I...”

“We’ll be glad to, thank you.” Everybody turns to Molly.

Gabriel looks at her and raises his eyebrows. Molly nods slightly. “Okay, then. We have two others with us.”

“Great, bring them, the more the merrier.” Gabriel did not like the way he elongated ‘great’.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close