My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 33: Texas is Indeed a Big State

As they enter into Texas they are on 285 heading towards highway 20. They could hit Highway 20 and go, but they don’t. They turn to the Holy Spirit for guidance. When done with love, hope and faith you might be surprised at how forthcoming your God will be.

“I like the color of that sign, let’s go that way.” and so they do. They twist and turn and turn around after they come to a dead end and ... and ... they don’t care they are having fun.

They pray during the day and hold each other through the night. Eric has even taken over some of the driving detail. They’ve spent two days making their roundabout way towards the coast. They now find themselves on Highway 10 ... sort of ... heading towards San Antonio. On the map even further down they see a city called Corpus Christi and love that name so they think to head that direction to the coast; unless of course God has other plans for them. As they keep driving the sky is getting darker and darker.

“Well, that looks ominous, maybe we should turn around.” It is Sandra voicing her concern from her spot in the passenger seat keeping her husband company as he drives.

Gabriel looks up from his writing on their Laptop and then both Molly and Gabriel say at the same time, “We can’t, we have a very important appointment.”

“You do?”

“Apparently.”

Molly looks over at what Gabriel is writing:

“My Molly, were you as lonely as I was? Do you need me as much as I need you? Have you always felt that you were incomplete and awaiting for the unifying force of love, hope and faith to complete you? Have you asked the Lord, even before coming home, for something you didn’t even know what it was, but you knew you would know it when you were in the presence of it. For me it would be to hold you, for you perhaps, to be held by such strong arms that you would feel that at long last you are not alone and not even the ending of the world could break his loving grasp upon you. Do you need your daddy as bad as he needs his daughter? Do you need another to stand beside you and tell you, you are his everything, without a single word being spoken? Have you ever prayed for the Holy Spirit to connect you in the spirit and to let the other know that even though you have not met, you are madly in love? Even a father daughter bond of love. Could it be that we knew each other before and that is why we will never be able to be, without you and without me. By the Blood of the Lamb, I sometimes wonder, did you ever feel the hundred prayers I sent to you and the million little kisses I sweetly showered upon you? Did you giggle and wiggle from the tickles that I sent to you to bring joy and laughter into a life I believed not to be just unfulfilled, but lost in complete and utter tormenting? Before I met you I was convinced we were meant to be. Sometimes the name would be different, but a pure and innocent girl in need never changed, not once, not for me. Am I your knight? Have we been linked in light? Have we proven ourselves right, even to the Divine? Is the search over? Do you see me in your eyes as I see you often looking back at me by the mirror and by the miracle? Did I save you or did you save me? That’s right, there is no you and me, there is only us as a unifying theory of love, hope and faith. By the strength and grace of our Lord you are my home, you are my glory, you are my fellow soldier serving our Lord, and you are my Molly. This is our journey. Amen.”

“I’m not lonely ... anymore.”

Amen.

The lightning reaches across the sky like skeletal fingers longing for life. The thunder roars and shakes the earth asunder. The wind screams its fury upon those stupid enough to be out seeking the Lord’s will at such a hazardous time. It is times like these that it is quite lacking to be out in a big box also known as a motor home.

Now that Gabriel has taken over the driving again, Molly is sitting in the passenger seat. It appears to be an unspoken rule that when one of a couple is driving a long haul, the other keeps them company. “Gabriel!”

“Yeah Molly?” he looks over at her from her forceful calling.

“We have to get off the road and out of this storm, this hurricane.”

“I agree, babygirl, but if we just pull over here we are going to be blown over. We need to find something solid to hide behind.”

“Any ideas?”

“Not really, I can’t see I darn thing.”

“Great!” and then Molly starts laughing. If she were not with the only person who brought her to life, who protected her even with his own life, if she were not with her knight, she might, just might, be afraid. But she isn’t, she is having the time of her life.

Gabriel looks over at his girl and shakes his head in wonder and says out loud, “Man I love this girl. I cannot even begin to thank you, Lord, for answering an entire lifetime of hopes and dreams, for believing in me even when my prayers seemed a little odd, even maybe a little disturbing. From beginning to end it is coming together as foretold. Since we are together, it really doesn’t matter, we love one another and we are proud to serve you, our Lord. Amen.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close