My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 30: A Growing Community

Thankfully God helps out by sending more and more people their way to keep them occupied. With every new person God sends them both Molly and Gabriel come to understand being bonded in the spirit was a necessary action and a glorious one that allows them to share their grace with a bereft world in dire need of the Lord’s mercy.

Just outside of Albuquerque, “Gabriel, look, there is a young girl walking on the freeway.” The girl can’t be more than sixteen.

They pull over to help the blonde haired girl who is wearing a type of brown robe. She seems out of it and would have kept walking right on by them if Gabriel hadn’t interceded in her path. “Hi, sweetheart. Are you okay?”

“My name is Molly, what’s yours?”

“My name? Oh, I don’t know.”

“She is out of it. Let’s get her into the motor home.” Gabriel doesn’t even try to start driving again, he focuses on the girl.

Little Lisa says, “Here drink this.”

Everybody is very concerned for her. Sandra helps her drink the water. Most of it comes back out and she coughs the rest back up. “In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to heal.” this time it is Gabriel.

She shakes her head as if waking from a bad dream. Then she starts heaving like she is going to throw up. “Here,” says Christina, handing her a small garbage can. She throws up some kind of weird black liquid. It almost looks like natural oil, but the smell coming of it is horrific.

Carey starts to take it outside and dump it, but Molly stops her, “Wait. That isn’t right. Let’s put some holy water on it and pray a type of deliverance for it and then bury it so no one else can be affected by it.” Pretty much everybody has no idea what Molly is talking about, but they are getting the feeling they are in an X-Files episode.

Gabriel looks under the motor home in the storage area, “What a surprise.”

“What daddy.”

“There is a shovel in here.”

“Good.”

“Good, yes, but aren’t you getting concerned that everything we seem to need just miraculously shows up?”

“No. In fact, I think you just said it ... miraculously.”

“Hey, guys, she’s trying to say something.” calls out Sandra.

Molly and Gabriel go back into the motor home. Not only does it appear that her senses are returning, but it appears she is afraid. Instinctively Gabriel starts looking out the windows.

“I’m ... I’m...” then she starts to cry.

Molly comforts her, “It’s okay, you’re okay now. What’s your name?”

“What?”

“Your name?”

“Oh, uh, Samantha, but everybody just calls me Sammy.”

Gabriel asks, “What’s going on, Sammy?”

“I was being held in a commune: The Commune of Heavenly Light. There are a bunch of us young girls there and many of us want to leave, but they won’t let us. I ran away.”

“Do you know where this place is?”

“Yes, it is just outside of...” Just then Legion starts hitting the sides of the motor home. At times it feels as if the motor home is going to tip over.

“STOP!!!” it is Molly.

Everybody turns to her, but Gabriel grabs the holy water and goes outside. The door won’t open. Gabriel pulls out his cross from his pocket and commands, “Open!” It doesn’t just open, it flies open breaking the glass.

Then an unseen force reaches in and grabs Gabriel and flings him twenty feet from the motor home. Gabriel is pissed and neither the cross nor the holy water leaves his hands. Molly tries to run to his aid, but the door slams shut in her face, locking her in the motor home. Above the roar Gabriel can hear Molly commanding the door to open, “By the grace and glory of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I command all dark energy to dissipate and flee before the light.” but to no avail.

Black cloaked figures are hitting Gabriel one right after the other, unrelentingly. From the outside it looks like a miniature tornado has picked up the sand and no one can see what is going on inside of it.

Gabriel has had enough, he stands tall against the weight of oppression and holds the cross high and says, “Saint Michael, my spirit brother, my general, fight alongside me one more time.”

All of a sudden a bubble similar to an EMP pulse goes out. When the sands settle Gabriel is no longer on earth. The RV unlocks and Molly almost falls out, as she had been struggling against the door the whole time.

Everybody starts to file out of the motor home slowly, but it is little Lisa who puts it to words first, “Where is Gabriel?”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close