My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 25: Command Us, Oh Lord

Once upon a time in a far away land, in fact, about forty miles east of Jackson, they come to a teenage girl walking by her lonesome. They pull over and ask her if she would like a ride. She looks hesitantly at the motor home: smart girl. Finally, after seeing Molly she relaxes and gratefully accepts the offer.

Molly offers, “You thirsty?”

“Yes please.” The redhead with a sweet smile and sad eyes replies.

It is obvious this girl, who cannot be more than sixteen, has nothing. It is not going to take long for Molly and Gabriel to realize they should have got the next size up in motor homes. Not for themselves, but the supplies they are going to need to help the people of ‘good will’ Lord Jesus sends them to.

They drive until dinnertime and then pull over. You would think the first thing they would do is go in and eat, but it is not. They hold hands and pray to God to send them where they are most needed. With the hot days of August to accompany them on their way, they go the way of the Holy Spirit.

“My Lord, our Lord God, we ask and we pray that you send us to those in dire need of your mercy. Let us reflect your love so those suffering and lost can find their way. Amen.”

“Amen.”

“My name is Hannah and I’m running as fast and as far away from my mom as I can. My mom can be mean when she is drunk and she blames me for everything. My dad long since abandoned us and most people of the family just avoid my mother.”

As often is the case, the children pay for the sins of the parents. Not in God’s eyes, but too often in everyday life. When a child goes out into the world without a strong foundation, without strong and true core beliefs, they go out and flounder and flock to anything that makes them feel better. They’ll seek out a way of life that tells them however they want to be is okay, but in reality it often condemns them to an amoral life that leads to utter darkness and heartbreak.

“Hannah, it will do no good to runaway. You have to trust me when I say nothing good is going to happen to you out on the streets.”

“What do I do, Gabriel?”

“Perhaps let us go back with you and we’ll pray with your mom. Do you think that is something she would be okay with?”

Crying, Hannah says, “I don’t know.”

All three of them eat a leisurely dinner and then turn in for the night. A good night sleep often helps your day start out with hope and clarity. Molly and Gabriel have their bed and the couch folds out to make another bed for Hannah.

“Heavenly Father, thank you for putting Hannah into our path. She is such a wonderful girl with so much potential. We ask that you watch over her and let her grow in your light to live a Republican Christian valued life so she can live righteous in your eyes. By the Blood of the Lamb we wash away her sadness and show her a new way.” Gabriel’s mouth is hanging open as he is marveling at Molly’s beautiful prayer. For a moment there I bet you didn’t know who was speaking.

They read scripture for a while and let Hannah practice her prayers. Before long they are all fast asleep. At sleep Hannah looks peaceful and lovely; where all the world’s concerns fade away to fairytales in magical lands. Innocence must have a chance.

They awake with a plan. They eat breakfast and get Hannah cleaned up and dressed in new respectable clothes. They turn around and head for Hannah’s house. They have been driving a day and a half and they have ended up right where they started. Both Molly and Gabriel think it’s funny and they are getting the feeling that this journey they are being sent out on is not one of miles, but understanding and growth. It is definitely a journey of love, hope and faith.

“Where the hell have you been, you stupid little bi...?”

“Whoa. Enough!”

“Who the f•©k are you and what are you doing with my teenage daughter?”

Gabriel continues a little calmer, “We found her sad and lonely because she is very afraid for you. She loves you and is afraid you are going to die.”

“That’s bullshit I’m not going to...”

Molly walks up and takes her hand and says, “See.”

The woman goes into a type of trance for a few seconds and then pulls her hand out of Molly’s grasp and screams. She falls back onto the floor leaning against the couch. She is shaking horribly. “What ... what ... what was that?”

“You and your daughter’s lives if you do not stop drinking and start living a godly life.”

Hannah runs over to her mom, “Mommy, are you okay?”

“Oh, baby, I’m sorry, I just ... I just ... oh, baby, I’m sorry.”

Hannah turns to look at Molly and Gabriel, but they are gone. She runs outside to wave goodbye, but even the motor home is gone. No way was there enough time. She looks down and sees a box of supplies. Once again time has no constraints when it comes to doing the Lord’s work.

Gabriel pulls up to a four way stop sign, “Which way?”

Molly closes her eyes and then points west, south-west, “That way.”

Gabriel knows before they run into the ocean they will drive through the Bay Area. Gabriel is an obedient soldier and a dutiful son, and he has prayed for people he really doesn’t like just because God put them on his heart. Gabriel sighs and says, “The ocean and the Bay Area it is.”

“I’ve never been to the ocean.”

“Pacific Ocean here we come.”

It does not surprise Gabriel in the least that while doing God’s work personal gifts will be given. In fact, Gabriel slips back into time and remembers a lesson he will never forget.

Gabriel had fallen down a flight of stairs and hit his right temple giving him brain damage for several years; they called it a minor concussion. I’d hate to see a major one. Eventually his estranged mother was dying. She was slipping away to cancer and lost in dementia. Gabriel and his brother Steve go to visit their mom Mary for the second time.

Gabriel prays over his mom in tongues and puts healing anointing oil on her and then baptizes her in the same holy water he was baptized in. His mom, who was always terrified of dying, had a visitation during the night. Her grandson Danny came to visit her the next morning and Mary told him that God was watching over her now. After he left, his mom Mary took a nap and never woke up ... at least here.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close