My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 22: Take Care

Molly and Gabriel settle back down into their pristine life and watch time tick away. Both of them know that if you want to help other people you must first take care of yourself. They work to build a strong foundation in God and love. Before they know it April is gone and May and June are not far behind. Many a times they dance under the moon.

With additional information they are both looking forward to Gabriel’s birthday. The double five five means nothing to either of them, but Molly is really excited to show Gabriel how appreciative and in love she really is. Gabriel knows Molly is kind and sharing with her money, but Gabriel is a little concerned because they have a little over a million dollars in cash stashed away and Gabriel finds Molly lost in thought more than a few times. “Hmm?”

In this time and with an urgency growing in their minds, though in truth it is probably their spirits warning them, Gabriel decides to get back in shape. Luckily he has an amazing young lady who is more than happy to help. Of course, sometimes that simply means she lies on top of him when he is doing push-ups, but that works too.

They stop by a sportsman store and buy supplies. It has been a long time, if ever, that Gabriel has bought such an expensive pair of shoes. Molly gets the most adorable pink running outfit with white stripes going down the pant legs.

Gabriel looks adoringly at Molly and starts to wonder who was sent to save whom: knowing God, probably both. In fact, as Gabriel remembers back on his prayers, that was an important part of them: to have someone who needs him as much as he needs her.

Amazingly enough Molly even gets Gabriel to limit his sodas and junk food, but even beyond that they start eating healthier: which is a lot easier when you have money. By the time July comes around Gabriel has lost forty pounds and gained in muscle mass. In Gabriel’s younger days, when he lifted weights, he lifted hard and ended up looking like a Mac truck, but with his fifty-fifth birthday screaming towards him that is not who he is anymore. They even join a gym. Not only is Gabriel almost back in shape, but Gabriel notices that Molly has left her little girl body completely behind and her curves are starting to fill in most wonderfully.

Almost on a daily basis now Gabriel has to remind himself that Molly is only twelve years old. But in truth, though he loves her madly in every way, he looks upon her as his daughter ... and proudly so. It has been a long time since the thought had crossed Molly’s mind about them in that way and in truth that is okay with her, but when it does reassert itself upon her she is almost annoyed that she had let it go for so long. Then she remembers their bond as it is: their father daughter love. Wait! That was another life.

“I’m glad God never told us we could get married?”

This time Gabriel is truthful with her, “Really! Well that’s good because actually, sweetheart, I have forgotten all about it ... and besides if I were to have a daughter I would want none other than you.” Wait!? Again that was a different time and space. At times this existence seems fractured to Gabriel.

She smiles and nods with misty eyes and hugs him. “So did I! Almost as if someone made us.” she looks heavenward with an accusing glare; then she smiles with delight and love and goes on. “But its okay, the decision has been made. I love you, daddy.” God sees all realities.

They look at each other in confusion and it passes them bye as different realities seem to be blending. Talking of a life of a different time and space. Moments that never happened in this existence, but are carried on in love, hope and faith. What? Wait! Oh well.

Gabriel hides his laugh from the accusing glare Molly sends heavenward and says this prayer, “My Lord, whatever you choose for Molly and me, I know it will be for the best.” But when Molly called him daddy the flood of emotion and grace that hit him almost brought him to his knees. Then he thinks about that and does go to his knees and finishes with this prayer, “Thank you, my Lord, for my Molly.”

Molly thinks about the first prayer for a second and is not quite sure he actually said anything, but she adds, “My Lord, I’m running out of time, so please send word on why that thought was ever there ... and from where.” Soon, very soon, they will find out.

Gabriel looks at her and asks, “You are running out of time?”

“Huh?”

“You just said...”

“Oh, did I?”

Gabriel squints his eyes at her and she laughs and cuddles into him.

Later that night Gabriel is sitting up in bed reading. Molly is asleep next to him. She starts to moan and groan and move. It’s building to a crescendo. “Gabriel. Oh Gabriel! I’m falling don’t let me go. I don’t want to go.”

“Hey, wake up I think you are having a nightmare.” Gabriel shakes her gently.

All of a sudden Molly sits up and cries out, “Gabriel!!”

“Bad dream?”

Molly quickly turns to him and scrunches up her face and hits him. “Why did you let me go?”

“Uh, sorry.”

“Humph.” Without any further ado, she lays back down on her side facing away from him. A couple seconds pass and then she turns over facing him and hits him again. Then she cuddles into him and goes back to sleep. Gabriel laughs and leaves it at that. Then under her breath she mutters, “Don’t you understand I only have so much time to get a life in.”

It is strange to Gabriel how one moment does not seem to fit the other. Almost like time is split and things happen out of order. Too weird.

Now that July is upon them the heat is wonderfully hot. Molly is so much like Gabriel that it is scary. She loves the heat just like Gabriel does. Of course cold nights, when you have someone to cuddle with, are nice too, but as long as it’s not super hot when you are trying to sleep, they prefer the heat. It also allows for Molly to sleep in her favorite outfit, well outfits as long as she locks the door.

“Well, babe, the Fourth of July is almost upon us and it looks like the country is going to celebrate in grand fashion. Not just because it is a possible last hurrah as the democrats destroy what once was the best nation in the world. What a pity that liberalism is a by-product of a strong nation. You know, Molly, at this point it’s going to take the second civil war to put things back into balance. Perhaps some morning the country will awaken to find forty million libs lying dead in the streets. I hope the Republican Christian valued warrior patriots have their ‘Thousand Lists’ made up.”

“What are those?”

“Thousand lists are the top one thousand people in different groups in every area that need to be killed in the first night of fighting.”

“Like who?”

“Oh, such as politicians, judges, military officers, Catholic cardinals, bishops, priests, nuns and other religious leaders, millionaires or in other words people and corporations that fund their splitting, lying and immoral ways, and let’s see who else; media personnel, school and college teachers and Hollywood false teachers and I’m sure there are several others I can’t remember at the moment.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close