My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 18: Round Ten

By the time Friday is upon them Molly is completely done with her menstrual cycle, not the bleeding part, that stopped days ago, and she is most grateful, but the emotional part. She is really glad that she has Gabriel because if she wouldn’t have been forewarned about it, she would have freaked out. And she is beyond grateful she has someone she can explore all avenues of her growing womanhood in a sphere of love, trust and protection. And she is beyond grateful she has a God who is giving her this opportunity. Love is truth.

Even though they have only known each other for eighteen days it seems like an eternity: in a good way. There is acceptance without judgment. There is contentment in an unsettling world. There is a bonding and closeness that in most situations might not be proper, but neither Gabriel nor certainly not Molly care what others might think they see going on. It is pure, it is innocent and it is an unexpected journey that neither of them wants to end.

As one looks in on this story they could easily be led astray thinking this is about the flesh, but it is not, it is about the spirit. The great bonding force of creation. That which gave animation to earth. That which links us in light. He who glorifies all who seek. He who proudly and wisely and trustingly brought an eleven year old girl to a beaten down old soldier of God for protection so that she may have a chance at what was stolen. When God takes a direct hand you better hold on because it is going to be powerful, beautiful and absolutely amazing. Amen.

Since they rarely stop off in Plymouth any more for security reasons they are once again driving to Jackson to go to the store. Molly has to have her cereal and milk in the morning; which has replaced French toast as her favorite breakfast.

As they are driving down the road Gabriel casually glances over at the oncoming car and he sees a demon grab the steering wheel and forces the car to head directly towards Gabriel and Molly in the truck. Gabriel reacts immediately but before any reaction is registered the whole scene changes to a peaceful mountain road drive. The lovely scenery changes back to the regular road and though Gabriel’s heart is pumping at an extreme rate, the once perceived danger no longer exists.

Gabriel looks in his rearview mirror and thinks he sees the vehicle that was in front of them and headed right towards them. The air around them is sparkling. Molly says, “That was weird.”

Gabriel pulls over and lets his heart calm down. He doesn’t know what just happened, but he can sense a lingering demonic presence ... and something else ... something wonderful. He has no doubt it actually happened in the real world, but he doesn’t know if by some divine intervention the other vehicle went right through them or exactly what, but he does notice a couple minutes missing. Gabriel can only imagine what the driver of the other vehicle is thinking.

As they are getting ready to walk into Safeway the entire store loses power. Though there are safety measures for just such things, nobody can get in or out. Some people inside the store start to freak out.

Molly tries to command it away, but it is being stubborn, “In the name of God, open! Humph. I said in the name of God, please open.”

The weird thing is Gabriel doesn’t sense any demonic presence. Once most of the people in the store are at the front doors hoping to get out, the force lets go on its own and the doors open. People rush out. Gabriel and Molly are standing there waiting for the other shoe to drop and it does. From somewhere towards the middle of the store the ceiling collapses in and the noise is extreme and the panic is real. Some employees are scratched up by debris, but nobody is seriously hurt.

Gabriel and Molly look at each other in confusion. The more they think about it the more grateful they become. “It could have been much worse.” Molly nods her agreement.

They help to make sure everybody is okay and once emergency crews show up they go to another store. Both Molly and Gabriel agree, “It is sad that so many miracles go on around the world with people not knowing or believing.”

“I know, baby, I know.”

As they are driving home, almost in the same location as the would-be head on collision, all of a sudden the world goes into fast forward. It again only lasts seconds, but it is starting to have an impact. If this is a tactic of the enemy, it sure is a strange one. “Did you see that?”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close