My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 15: Easter Day

Not only is today Easter, the day our Lord rose from the dead, the Resurrection, but it is also Molly’s twelfth birthday. Both Molly and Gabriel are very excited.

During the week Gabriel’s anxiety grew and grew as Kate never called to say when she would be returning, but Molly didn’t really seem to care.

Their day would start off earlier than they had intended. The phone rings at 6:00am. “Yello.” Gabriel has no idea why he answers the phone that way, but he usually does.

“Hi.” It sounded almost childlike.

“Kate?”

“Yes. Is Molly up? I would like to wish her a happy birthday then I’ll talk to you.”

“Molly, get up, it’s Aunt Kate.”

She sleepily sits up and rubs her eye before taking the phone, “Hi, Aunt Kate. Are you coming to my birthday party later after church?”

She ignores Molly’s question and asks, “How are you and Gabriel doing?”

“Great. When are you coming home?”

“So you like living with Gabriel? Everything is good?”

“Yeah, Aunt Kate.”

“Happy birthday, Molly, and may the Lord have mercy on us for what we did.”

“What, Aunt Kate?”

“Let me talk to Gabriel. Molly?”

Molly shakes her head and before handing Gabriel the phone, she answers, “Yeah.”

“I’m glad you and Gabriel like each other.”

“We love each other.”

“Goodbye, Molly. Gabriel.”

“Yeah.”

“I’m glad Molly has you and that you like each other.”

“Molly and I love each other.” Molly nods. “Kate, would you like to explain to me what you said just before you left?”

“No. I’m sorry I got you into this, but I’m not coming back. I’m glad for Molly that she has you. I’m sorry. I’ll send more money if I can. Oh, and I think they know we were living in Fiddletown.”

“Hey, what the f•©k are you doing? Hello! Hello! Son of a bitch!” Gabriel hangs up and looks at Molly. After gazing upon her he says, “F•©k that stupid bitch. Molly, Aunt Kate is not coming back. You are now mine.”

Molly’s heart races and flies into Gabriel’s arms, once again she is wearing their favorite outfit for her: though the Harley shirts have become a close second. Somehow Gabriel gets the feeling that Molly won’t be experiencing any feelings of abandonment any time soon. As he pats her bottom he laughs, smiles and shakes his head in pure blissful wonder.

Molly cannot contain herself. She is exploding deep down inside and the corona glow coming off her makes Gabriel have to shut his eyes. As soon as Gabriel said ‘you are now mine’ she knew God was present, but she did not expect these feelings. Molly is wiggling and twitching in Gabriel’s arms.

“Gabriel!” Gabriel hears both ecstasy and a plea for help in that calling.

Gabriel wraps his powerful arms around her so she won’t hurt herself or more specifically him as she loses control in his lap. He has one arm across her back and one across her bottom. She is digging her fingernails into him painfully and pushing her head into his chest as hard as she can. Her breathing is becoming erratic and starts to concern Gabriel. She needs to be distracted. “Molly.”

“Hmm,” she says from her head buried in his chest.

“Did I ever tell you about the first time I...” Gabriel is trying to think of something that will get her out of her body and into her head. “The first time I knew God had forgiven my sins?”

She shakes her head into his chest and then takes a long slow deep breath.

“Coincidentally it was the first time I knowingly saw a demon. It was right up there on the top side of one of the ceiling fan blades watching me sleep.”

Molly takes another deep breath and then pulls her head off of his chest to turn and look up at the ceiling fan. Gabriel can see her mind is being distracted. She is silent for a moment and then asks, “If you were asleep, how do you know there was a demon there watching you?”

“Great question! That is how I knew, know, God is with me always. I was deep in sleep, I was sleeping on my stomach, and hadn’t been feeling well for some time, but I woke up and turned real fast and looked directly at the demon. Like I said I hadn’t been feeling well for a long time and I felt perfectly clear headed.”

“What did it look like?”

Gabriel can tell Molly is invested in the conversation now and is moving past another power surge. “It was red and white striped with a black blotch near its crotch area; though more off to the right and down its thigh for a little bit. It was kind of short and stocky, obviously small enough to fit on one fan blade. Its body shape reminded me of cherubim.”

Molly is now turned around looking up at the ceiling fan with wonder not fear, “What did it do then?

“I blinked and when my eyelids came back up it was gone.”

“Wow, what did you do then?”

“I got up prayed and sprinkled holy water where it was and around the room and went back to sleep quite content in my knowledge that my service to the Lord was now in full effect.”

“Wow.”

“Better?”

Molly realizes her power surge is over and then says, “Yes, thank you.”

Gabriel holds on knightly for a full five minutes, but at last Molly has complete control of herself again. By now Molly is turned around looking at him as it is dawning on her how he distracted her, she smiles and nods her head again. Gabriel brushes her hair out of her face with both hands, her hair is sweaty, and places both hands on each side of her head and kisses her.

“So you are not just my knight, but God’s as well. Thank you.”

“Hopefully that sent a message to the enemy letting them know I do not stand alone; though I have seen another two since.”

The look of love and appreciation on her face gives Gabriel his own power surge.

“Gabriel?”

“Yeah babe.”

“That power surge was different.”

“How so?”

“I’m not sure, but I just feel ... weird.”

“Hmm, well let me know if it gets worse.” Molly nods and smiles. “Well, it’s a little earlier than we planned, but let’s get up and get moving.”

Molly yawns and then stretches tall trying to get the last of those ... lingering feelings out of her. “Okay.”

After Gabriel gets Molly off him and moving they go into the bathroom: they brush their teeth and return to the bed for the final touches. Gabriel is brushing Molly’s hair then she turns around for the final touches. Gabriel stops and looks deep into Molly’s blue eyes and gently caresses the side of her cheek and then lovingly strokes her hair. Molly’s heart starts beating a little faster and she launches herself into Gabriel. Molly wraps herself around him. She is again grasping him so hard, they are holding on to each other with so much loving faith, that they can feel each other’s heart beat reverberating throughout their bodies.

Gently Gabriel pulls Molly’s head back so they can make eye contact and he says, “Happy birthday, babygirl.” Gabriel puts his hands on her head and sweetly kisses her again.

Molly says with a huge smile and a gaze that would melt anybody’s heart, “I’m twelve, I’m a big girl today, and I already got my presents.”

Gabriel smiles and starts laughing. Molly leans her head into his chest. She is listening to his heart beat. She feels his heart is beating just for her. She unashamedly loves the feelings she is experiencing. She can barely keep her body still again, but for her reason.

Gabriel lets her love explore itself, but the heat is building and the sweat is dripping. “Babygirl, we are going to have to take a shower if we keep cuddling.” Her innocence and trust is something he will fight and die to keep for as long as possible. The world needs it.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close