My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 13: As Time Often Does It Starts Moving Along

Before they know it, it is Sunday and they are going to church for the first time together. It is Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord as Passover begins. The culmination of the season of Lent is at hand. Holy Week begins.

“Well, I think we should dress you in something pretty, but respectable: how about a full length skirt and a cute top?”

“You pick it out.”

“You sure? This is a special day; the day you are officially coming home to God’s Church.”

“I’m sure.”

Molly even in her disheveled look is absolutely beautiful, but today not only is Molly dressed prettily with a divine smile on her face, but the glow coming of her makes Gabriel lose all the fears for her and they are replaced with wonder and admiration. God loves this little girl.

Gabriel by nature is not a morning person, but they are up and out of the house by 7:30am heading to his friends Susan and Bob’s house. Most of the time Gabriel and his friends go to Saint Thomas Aquinas church in Mokelumne Hill because it starts at 11:00am and it is closer, but for Holy Week they will be going to Saint Andrews in San Andreas, which starts at 9:00am. It takes about twenty minutes for Gabriel to get to his friends and then about the same to get to San Andreas.

Knock knock. “Hey, Gabriel, come on in ... and who is this?”

“Ladies and gentlemen, Susan and Bob, I would like you to meet a true sweetheart, her name is Molly.”

“Oh wow, such a big introduction. Well, come on in.” Bob advises.

“Well, don’t you look pretty.” adds Susan.

“Thank you.” Molly says shyly.

Susan continues, “Where did she come from?”

“She is actually my first in-person mission for Saint Michael’s Battle in the Spirit Prayer Group. This young lady and her Aunt Kate are under heavy demonic attack so they are staying with me for a while.”

Bob inquires as he looks towards the door, “Is Kate still in the truck?”

“No, she went off on a business trip; it is just me and Molly for a while.”

“Well, welcome, Molly, we are most honored to meet you.” You can take the nun out of the Church, but you cannot take away what made her become a nun in the first place, mostly anyway. Susan is a beautiful person. In fact, on more than one occasion Gabriel has said that Bob and Susan are the only two of three people he has met since coming home to God that don’t just talk the talk, they walk the walk. Time, however, has more than once proven a person wrong.

Normally Susan lets Gabriel sit in front so he and Bob can talk, but this time Gabriel and Molly sit in the back. “I’m excited.”

“Good. Remember when we go up the line to the priest you cross your arms across your chest and Father Arouje will bless you.”

“I remember. Will he do that to you?”

“No, I’m baptized as a Catholic so I take communion. As long as the Covid stuff is going on we just do the host or the body, we are not doing wine or the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. We talked about it a little last night, but as Holy Week goes we will discuss it a lot more. In fact, Bob used to work with kids as a youth minister, perhaps he might see fit to help me explain it. Of course, I always try to get Susan to join us, but she thinks we’re too analytical.”

“What does that mean?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. I’m kind of curious about what she meant myself.”

“Hmm.” Molly doesn’t like not being able to snuggle up to Gabriel when she’s doing something new; the seatbelts just don’t allow for it.

Susan turns and smiles, but does not shine any further light on the topic.

As they are walking up to the church everybody is turning to look at Molly: A true vision of loveliness. Perhaps they are seeing an angel. As they are walking up the stairs Gabriel stops and looks around because he feels something ominous. “Bob, you fell that?”

Bob too has discernment of spirits. “What is that?”

“I believe it is a demonic presence.”

Gabriel has never really gotten a read on Susan’s belief in such things and abilities, but she looks around worrisome. As they are walking up to the doors a crowd is gathering trying to open the doors.

“The doors must be locked. I’ll go around and see if the side is open.” one of the elder ladies so offers.

Gabriel walks up to the doors and says, “In the name of Jesus Christ open.” It doesn’t open. “Humph.”

Molly walks up and grabs the handle firmly and says, “In the name of God I command you to open.” The doors open as if as light as a feather.

Everybody looks at Molly and smiles and starts blessing God. Gabriel laughs and puts his arm around her. The look that Molly shoots him is one of surprise and overwhelming joy. Her blue eyes are strong and shinning.

“Hmm, show off.”

Molly giggles and wrinkles her nose at Gabriel. When Molly met Gabriel she felt as if she had always known him and was immediately drawn to him, very very much, but as she walks into the church she feels as if she has at long last found her way home from across the abyss.

They pick a pew and Molly at first sits in Gabriel’s lap. With the overwhelming force of God radiating off of Molly, Gabriel is highly charged. It is far more than just a loving warmth. It stimulates the spirit and links Gabriel and Molly in light even more. Gabriel gets lost in thought for a second that perhaps he should use one of these connection moments to pray and or speak in tongues to have a purer more open conversation with the Lord the way we are truly meant to: spirit to spirit.

Gabriel goes into a type of trance and from the clouds and skies, from deep within, from all around, Gabriel hears, “Give her the life she wants.” Whatever just happened, Molly can feel it also and turns to look at Gabriel with questioning love. Gabriel shrugs his shoulders and raises his hands in acknowledgement of the beautiful moment and then says, “Did you hear that?”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close