My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 12: Molly and Gabriel Take on the World Together

Just as Kate is getting ready to pull away in her car she stops and says to Gabriel at the window, “I’ll tell you this, Molly is a lot more powerful than even we thought she would be.” Gabriel notices she says ‘we’. “The demons attached to her even attacked us.” Kate glances in the direction of Molly. “She’s not what she seems.” Gabriel turns to look at Molly, but she is gone. By the time Gabriel turns back to Kate she is already driving away.

Gabriel watches her go and then takes a deep breath and turns and walks in the house. When Gabriel walks into the bedroom he finds Molly standing there with her arms clasped behind her and a heart stopping gaze.

Gabriel smiles, “Yes.”

Molly’s smile gets bigger and she says, “I’m yours.”

Gabriel returns the smile and goes over and sits on the foot of the bed and then he holds his arms out for Molly to come to him. She does gladly. “Thank you for loving and trusting me so. I will do my best to earn your trust every day. What I told Aunt Kate was true. We cannot sin or we lose our Lord as back up, and I’m pretty sure I’ve pissed the demons off good and sure, so we don’t want to do that. But beyond that I if it is to be so, I will be proud to be your daddy.

“Okay. Me too.”

“What do you say we focus on getting to know each other’s hearts, minds and spirits?”

Molly smiles big and says, “Yes please!”

Everything Molly just did was pure innocence and purity. Gabriel is proud of her, he is proud of himself and he is proud that God trusts him enough to send such a wonder to him for love, protection and guidance. Not to mention the glow coming off Molly at those times gives her a saffron glow cloak around her.

“How about we get some new clothes on this beautiful body and we take a trip up to my brother Steve’s in New Castle.”

Molly snaps to attention and salutes, “Yes sir!”

Gabriel laughs, tussles her hair and gets her dressed. She again wears the red Levi pants and a pink shirt and since it is still only March he has her put on the white sweeter with pink flowers. Beautiful.

After Molly is dressed she goes over and reaches into the night table and pulls out a wad of cash. “Aunt Kate said this is for us.”

Gabriel goes through it quickly and it appears to be nearly four thousand dollars. Gabriel is really confused now.

Molly is a vision of loveliness and Gabriel decides Kate is full of shit. At least as far as what a Satanist who was going to sacrifice such a wonder as Molly says doesn’t mean anything to him. He already knew Molly was someone special.

“Steve.”

“Yeah.”

“If you’re going to be home I’ll be headed your way. I have someone special I want you to meet.”

“Yeah, I have work to do from home, but I can take a few.”

“Don’t forget what we talked about. Gather all the clips and ammo you can.”

“Oh, that’s right. What’s going on?”

“I’ll explain once I get there.”

“Alright.”

The trip up is a history lesson as they drive through Folsom and Orangevale on their way up to New Castle. “I was born and raised in Folsom and Orangevale. Of course Folsom was quite different when I was a kid. I spent most of my childhood out in the rock piles playing soldier.”

“And now you’re a soldier of God.”

Man Gabriel loves this little girl. “Yep.”

As they finally get up to New Castle and start taking the back roads to get to their horse ranch Molly remarks, “It’s pretty up here.”

“Yes it is, and I bet if you were to ask nice enough Wendy would show you her horses.”

“I love animals.”

“I have also noticed with your interactions with the cats, goats and cows that they seem to be drawn to you also, they seem to love you too.” Molly is smiling as they pull in the driveway.

When they walk in through the garage they find Steve and Wendy sitting in the living room eating lunch. “Ladies and gentlemen, I would like you to meet Molly.”

“Hi.” says Wendy sweetly.

“Hi, kiddo.” says Steve in the manner that he usually addresses kids.

Wendy continues, “Where did you find her?”

Before Gabriel can answer, Molly does, “My Aunt Kate found him because he fights demons and he came and recued me ... us.”

Gabriel smiles because he knows Steve doesn’t buy into Christianity, he wants to believe in his own spiritual thing that he claims is the same God, but Gabriel is concerned for him. “Yes, I rescued her from Satanists who were going to sacrifice her at puberty. She’ll be staying with me for a while. At least until her Aunt Kate gets back from her business trip.” Molly knows Gabriel is only telling them half truths, but she goes with it. You would think they would be shocked, but they know Gabriel.

Gabriel nudges Molly and glances at Wendy. “Gabriel told me you have horses.”

“I do, would you like to see them?”

“Yes, please.”

She looks up at Gabriel. “She still won’t go anywhere without me yet, so I’ll go with you.”

“I hope you didn’t bring any demons up here.” Steve says only half jokingly.

“I told you, you already have one in that damn goat thing.”

They go down and Wendy introduces all of the horses and she remarks how all the horses instantly take to Molly. “Yeah, animals just love her.”

Gabriel lets Molly take all the time she wants, but eventually he has to pull her away. When they walk back into the house Steve has the .45 on the counter with all the extra clips and ammo. The weapon once belonged to their dad before he had the strokes. Their dad had spent pretty much all of Steve and Gabriel’s childhood in Alaska working for the Federal Government and being a big time hunter-fisherman.

Gabriel goes over and grabs the handgun making sure it isn’t loaded and then works the action a few times. Molly walks up and starts to grab a clip and Gabriel slaps her hand away. “You never touch a gun or anything to do with a gun without asking first.” Molly’s eyes are big and with compressed lips she nods quickly.

“Do you really think you guys are in danger?”

“As far as I know this is as real as it gets.”

“You being a felon you better not get caught with this.” Then he thinks what he just said and quickly looks at Molly.

“It’s alright she knows my past. I would have never let her stay with me without them knowing about my past. The alternative is too horrible to contemplate so it’s, she’s worth the risk.”

Gabriel shows Molly their nice big and beautiful two story house. He and Molly walk back down to the stables to visit the horses, but eventually Gabriel says, “You about ready?”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close