My Molly - Cover

My Molly

Copyright© 2023 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 10: Never Let Your Guard Down

Gabriel realizes that he was so happy to have Molly here that he forgot a very important lesson: stay on the offensive. He won’t make that mistake again. Time to call his parish priest and see if he will come out and bless the house, at least the room: for you can bless anything you want to, but if you don’t keep your heart true that allows them right back in. For those who seek answers to all quandaries they can be found with diligence and truth. There is a scripture passage that says this very thing. If you do not stay true that demon will come back with seven others of his friends and you will be worse off than before.

For the first time Gabriel gets evidence that one of his favorite prayers is actually taking effect. It is titled: Prayer of Protection and Strength for Those God Sends to Me Who are Under Demonic Attack.

In my presence, Lord, the embattled are safe by your grace.

Within my sphere of love and protection they come to know your strength.

By the wisdom taught me do they come to understand they have everything I have because I have nothing but that which you grant me.

With utter faith, devotion and humility – I serve you my Lord.

Yahweh – I honor thee.

My Lord Christ – a disciple of thee.

Oh, glorious Holy Spirit – it is your halo of light that keeps the demonic at bay.

With the archangels, guardian angels and all others assigned we align.

Supported by the prayers of the faithful – the apostles, the disciples, the saints, the martyrs and all of us sinner-saints we turn our faces heavenward.

Mary, comfort these worthy children of God and show them what true perseverance looks like.

With all heavenly authority let your halo of grace shine through me so all in my vicinity will feel safe, warm and fulfilled and with great joy have a thirst to read and live scripture.

Let laughter, sweet dreams, learning and discerning grow in them like flowers in the light of creation.

Let there be intimacy and acceptance without judgment.

Ordain me a disciple of The Way.

Amen.

“I don’t know about you, Aunt Kate, but I’m going to make sure I stay in that loving and protective sphere of Gabriel’s.”

Kate nods slowly. For the first time Kate is beginning to realize that she has no say in how things are going to turn out. Not that she ever did. It quickly became apparent that what they were more than dabbling in was out of their control. Only foolish humans would ever think they could comprehend the reason whys of eternal beings. She thinks on it and then starts getting sick. She runs into the bathroom and starts throwing up.

Molly and Gabriel wrinkle their noses at each other and Molly says, “Yuck.”

Gabriel is hoping beyond hope that Kate has the regular flu and nothing worse. “Alright, after we eat, it is time to start to learn how to read.”

“Yes!” Molly is just bursting at the seams coming to life in the light of the Lord. Gabriel is proud of her and after the continued and growing overwhelming feelings of love and Joy they are sharing; he is sure it is divine providence.

“Holy Spirit, we seek your wisdom and understanding as Molly learns to read so she too may embrace the wonder and beauty of reading the Word. Amen.”

“Amen.”

“Molly, whenever I get ready to read the Bible I usually try to remember to pray to the Holy Spirit because He is the Great Teacher and I’ll take all the wisdom I’m ready for.”

“Holy Spirit, help me to learn to read. Please. Thank you.” Together Molly and Gabriel say, “Amen.”

“All these letters here make up the alphabet. Let’s pick out the letters that spell your name.” They go on for several hours, but much like Gabriel Molly seems to have a point where enough is enough; at least for that day.

Gabriel writes something down and hands it to Molly. She starts to sound it out. “Gabriel loves Molly and is really proud of her.” Molly’s eyes flood with tears and another giant hug ensues.

Gabriel caresses her hair and then rubs her back for a few more seconds before gently pushing her off to his left side between himself and Kate. Molly repositions herself to a sitting cross-legged position and gets lost in thought.

Gabriel backs off and lets Molly relax and ponder. Just then Charlie the fat black and white cat comes in and that occupies her attention. Kate is once again fast asleep. Gabriel leans back with his hand on Molly’s left hip and starts to think about ‘everything’ that is happening.

He knows a big fight is coming. He finds it hard that all the pieces are coincidence. Such as: why is Molly’s twelfth birthday falling on Easter? Gabriel is getting the sinking feeling that more than human Satanists are taking a hand in this. He looks over at Kate and takes a deep breath. He needs more answers. If Molly’s destiny has been put together by more than dark humans and princes and principalities are involved he is going to need help. Setting all that aside, the Satanists alone pose a grave danger. For himself Gabriel is not concerned for he was an outlaw in his late teens and early twenties so violence does not intimidate him. His concern is solely for Molly. Yes, as a soldier of God he has a duty to perform, but he has come to care for Molly very much: probably too much, but he’ll leave that up to God and what he told Gabriel one of the two times God spoke to him in actual out loud words. “Follow the will of God.”

He doesn’t know how long she had been doing it but Gabriel notices Molly staring at him. “I’m sorry, honey, did you say something?”

“No, I didn’t want to interrupt your thinking.”

“Thank you, that is very considerate of you. I’m just trying to figure out what is going on with you...” he looks over at Kate, “And Aunt Kate ... and us ... and all this. I promise you, babygirl, I die before anything happens to you.”

At the last part of Gabriel’s statement Molly’s eyes flood with both pride and a deep sadness, “I’m not worried.” Molly’s confidence in him brings a joy to him that has been missing for a very long time.

Kate is awake and listening to this and she says to herself, “There’s got to be a way to use this.”

Gabriel shakes his head and says, “Hey, babygirl, you want to go outside and do our nightly prayers?”

“Okay.”

“It is still a little cold out so why don’t you put on some leggings under your Harley shirt nightgown temporarily and a sweater.” Molly nods matter-of-factly.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close