The Walkon II - Cover

The Walkon II

Copyright© 2023 by Lapi

Chapter 2

‘Children’s Foundation of Greater DC. as I discovered incorporated not only Washington and Baltimore but part of Virginia. More than One-hundred million dollars had been raised, most pledged for the next few years. My initial impression was that it was a goodly amount of money. Jessica began to explain to me the ‘Facts of life’ in a charity on ‘our’ way to ‘our’ hotel. Bottom line was less than 50% would actually hit the coffers then 25 - 30% of that paid just for overhead.

‘We’ got to ‘my’ hotel about 11:30 pm. It had been a long day for me, I cannot imagine what is was like for Jessica who had flown in from LA. We stopped at the ‘Front’. Kelly was on duty that night; I introduced Jessica and asked for a key for her. More surprises.

Kelly started jumping up and down, clapping her hands and saying: “I loved you in ‘XXXXX’, I think I watched that show three times; it was great!”

‘What else was she not saying?’; I was wondering. “We have a small suite and share a bathroom. If that is a problem we can get you a room for yourself, Kelly seems to be a fan.” Jessica fit in so easily into my life it was near to being back in Atlanta with Jamie.

“I’m so tired I could sleep on the floor. In a way I should be used to this life; Hell I started when I was five but ... Oh never mind it has just been a terrible week for me.” I helped her take her bags into ‘our suite’ then said: “you use the bathroom first then get some sleep. In the morning just order what you want from room service or there are two good morning places open for breakfast and we are on the conceige floor if you want something else.”

Jessica must have been tired; she almost made it to the bed but never any further, she was still in her shoes in addition to the clothes she was wearing. I thought back to my first evening with the girls and when I fell asleep on the sofa and realized her day, no her entire week must have been far worse. Looking at her sprawled out on the bed I almost wanted to take her clothes off but thought better of it. Then again I was re-thinking about the ramification if living with my partner should continue. I was seeing her in a new light. I covered her, exited and dimmed the lights in the room. I had much to ponder this night.

In the morning, after a restless sleep on the sofa, I took care of the three ‘S’s’ and went off to breakfast then went on to the practice field a bit early. Lo and behold who should tap me on the ‘butt’ but the ‘Wicked Witch’. Before I left, I asked at the front to see if they had another suite with two bathrooms so Jessica could have some privacy; I knew how important that was to a woman.

Janice was ... Janice. “Learn to play any new positions last night?”

“Oh man, ‘What a night!’ she went on non-stop. You should have told me she is never satisfied!” Yep, that served her right! That comeback should temper her remarks a bit.

“I am somewhat surprised at that, Jamie told me you were a gentleman. Jessica is just fifteen.”

That last remark hit me hard. Then again I remembered nothing really happened last night. Her bringing up Jamie put my mind in a spin. I did not see the smirk on her face as she walked away. For me, practice took place while I was in a daze. One quick shower later I pondered going home or to a bar and drinking myself into oblivion.

When I got home, no Jessica around but there was a note: it said: ‘Don’t wait up for me. The thing is I’m trying to find my own place that hopefully leads to glory and maybe some happiness for you. I hope you like it. I may not be back for a day or two. Love XXXX Jess!’

For some strange reason I began missing her. Strange did not begin to describe what went on the next day. Coach took my willingness to be be a Team Player to heart I guess. At 10:00 I joined the Rooks and Newbies on the Offense playing Tackle, Guard and twice at Center at which I almost failed. After a short break they ran me ragged playing Tight-End until it was time for food; at least the time food was supposed to happen. But when life serves you lemons you either make lemonade, serve Tequila or hang it up.

I got the ball heading to get food then heard “Get three yards BOZO”. Turning to run I saw seven of the biggest, meanest guys we had. What choice did I have? Three yards, five then ten or more until we all were covered in blood. Coach said “Any position, HUH!” Then slowly walked away. He would remind me many times of this day during my time with the Ravens.

Back at the ranch or in this case the hotel suite, still no Jessica. Room service was at the door about the same time the phone rang. Wireless phone in-hand I turned the handle while answering. It was Jessica.

“Hi partner! You said I could call you if I needed help W E L L ... can I use that chit today?”

“I hate to admit it but I missed you; so how much do you need?”

“I need your BOD partner not your coin. It is not one thing, not very easy, at least for me alone and not anything you did or did not do.”

“So, what’s different now. I never did anything yet got you, partner! What do you want me to do?”

“Look, I need you to explain to my family that nothing is going on between us and you were sort of corralled into letting me live with you by the team; well OK by Janice from the team. Daddy does not like the idea of me living with a man or, at my age, even living away from home. There are some other reasons I do not want to stay in LA.”

“OK put him on, even for a male Fathers can be protective, I imagine it is more so for a girl. My Dad lived in Scottsdale, I went to school at Villanova in Philadelphia to get away.”

“I need to see you before you say anything to him. I also need to ask you something now!”

“Will it hurt much?”

“For you or me?”

She continued. “ Am I pain? Do you mind me staying with you? Do you resent that you were forced to be my partner? Should I...”

“Yes!... (pause) But, you sort of grow on me, little girl!”

“That’s really ‘BIG’ of you to say!”

“You called me, what do you need?”

“People in LA have become impossible to trust. I guess they are accustomed to casting couches. The pageant circuit was bad enough but most of us were minors; not sex toys. You have some experience with agents and I would like a second opinion before I sign with one. There are some gigs I just do not want and will not do! LA thinks no clothes...!”

“There is meeting this Friday, Midtown, Daddy will be in Las Vegas until Saturday or Sunday. Please go with me?”

“Practice is over by 3:30 Friday so I can be at La Guardia by 6... 6:30. I can take the Helo but where do you want me to go?”

“Well, the group meeting is at 10:00, break at 11:30 then 30 minutes for each agent to answer questions in the afternoon. The team has allowed you to miss practice Friday. They have a few bucks invested in us and understand not all agents are on the up and up.”

“Pretty sure of things, are you?”

“Daddy always said I get what I want.”

“Speaking of that, you don’t suppose you could tell me a few things about why the Hell I need to meet with him?”

Silence

“Jessica, wakee, wakee.”

“Yes ... It’s sort of complicated. Can I tell you about it on the way back from New York?”

“If I said no would it make a difference?”

Silence again.

“It’s hard”

“Yes, it’s the curse for most men when you are around. If you were a year or two older it would be a real challenge for me living Platonic with you. Not only are you beautiful but you remind me of someone I fell in-love with; Hell every time I see you I think of her.”

“If I was a year or two older I could vote. I’m nineteen, twenty in a few weeks. That make any difference?”

Silence on my end now.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close