War Maidens - Cover

War Maidens

Copyright© 2023 by Lapi

Chapter 15

What was that saying about winning a war by a wing and a prayer? Anyway, any win is a good win. My helmet, if I had one, was off to Freya.

Some of the Black Riders were down. OK? The girls motioned that all were OK, just extremely tired and glad the battle was over. I did not think Spirits ever got tired, but what did I know, I was new to this Rodeo.

I also knew one other thing, without everyone working together we would be in deep do-do. There was not a single hero, it was a team effort. Even the wolves played a part, an important part. The fact we now had 240,000 more undead would not hurt a bit.

What was bothering me was still by Who, What reason and Why was I betrayed, probably by my own family. Correction, these here and now were my family. Lars came up and slapped my shoulders almost knocking me down. One could almost like that Beserker.

Ragnarok would have to wait, the girls told me. They gave new marching orders, sort of, maybe. All of them were nodding their cute heads, listening to what Freya might say if she was around.

The Black Riders were up and at-em again, this time with many of us following. “Kill them all.” could be heard from above. It became a mantra we all followed. Nothing else made any sense anyhow. It was not like much would exist after Ragnarok anyway. So ... why not go out with a bang, or bow shot in this case.

For those not following, when things were over, that was it, they were over. Even I got the message now. There were somethings to be grateful for in being a spirit. Not exactly certain what would happen to us but ... the girls were not concerned so why should I be. Freya had not done me wrong, ever. Then again, like I said before: “I was new to this Rodeo.” The Dragons had joined us now. It made me feel better, misery loves company and we were sure to make the OPPFOR miserable, all of them.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close