The Lone Warrior - Cover

The Lone Warrior

by A19M50

Copyright© 2017 by A19M50

Action/Adventure Story: Blades backstory

Tags: Aliens   Space   Supernatural  

Alone, that’s the best and only way to describe my life up until now, it’s hard for me to think of a moment in my life when I was actually happy and looking forward to the next day. Every day felt the same, I had to spend hours looking for something to eat, many days I’d just go hungry every day was a test of survival for me. However, one day I thought I’d reached my limit. I had gone a whole week without food and so I resorted to thievery. I found a small shop in the small town I resided at, hours after the shop had closed down, I snuck in and stole a bag of food. On my way out I spotted an interesting object, I saw a small book. Curious, I took it and ran for home which was a small cave a couple of miles away from the shop I had stolen from. After I had eaten the food I had stolen I took a look at the book I had found. What I found were various techniques titled “The Art of the Blade” I was awestruck. After I had taken a good look at the book I grabbed a random stick and started copying the movements on the book, I was amazed at how complex and advanced these techniques were, I had never been much good at using my fire so this was definitely helpful for me, and so years passed and my life had gotten a lot more interesting, every day I’d devote hours upon hours of training. I felt like I was improving, what I lacked in firepower I made up for in skill and so I kept on practicing until I became a trained swordsman which was all thanks to a small book.

I once met this kind, strange old woman. Her presence felt odd but somewhat familiar, I felt at ease when I was around her she seemed to be a spirit like being, all she said me was that my parents had died shortly after I was born. After she had said that, she simply vanished without a trace. With my parents dead I had no choice but to learn how to get by in life on my own in my early days. I had never known my name I couldn’t remember what it was for the life of me, and so after finding the book called “The Art of the Blade” I decided to simply go with the name “Blade”.

One afternoon I was taking a stroll through the forest when I saw smoke in the distance, I went to go check it out. What I found was a crashed spaceship, some sort of creature was standing next to it. I kept quiet and hid in a nearby bush. I grabbed a random stick and kept an eye on the creature. Before I knew it the creature had seen me and before I could even blink it was behind me. It struck my back with his sword like arm. I was thrown into a tree, I was badly injured. At that moment my mind was full of fear and I couldn’t think rationally so I ran, and once again I was struck and thrown into a tree, however, this time the creature wouldn’t let me run, it had approached me and held his sword to my chest. I was screaming, I was going to die there was nothing else that I could do. I couldn’t believe it, the past few years of my life I had devoted myself to practicing and becoming a trained warrior and now I stand before a foe, powerless to do anything. All those years, wasted. Once I had lost all hope and accepted my fate I saw a small blue light on the palm of my right hand, from the light manifested a small sword. Upon witnessing this the creature quickly backed up off me. After that, I felt a hand hit the back of my neck and I blacked out. I couldn’t remember anything else about what had happened to me. To this day my memory of that incident is still a bit fuzzy. However one thing is for sure, I will never forget the face of that creature, staring me down with its thirst for blood.

Once I had come back into consciousness I had realized that I had woken up in a small room which was very unfamiliar to me. Next to the bed that I was on, I saw a big man who claimed to have found me in the forest and took me in, I couldn’t see his face too well since I was still quite dizzy from what had happened all I could see was that he was carrying a huge sword. He left the room and I went back to sleep. Later that day I had finally decided to leave the house once I took my first step outside I looked around only to find myself in a huge city. There were buildings, people, and shops everywhere. I was amazed at the sight. However, all I could keep my eyes on was the huge castle next to the city, this, was the kingdom of Torn.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close