Preview

Runaway!

by Ernest Bywater

Copyright© 2017 by Ernest Bywater

Action/Adventure Story: A 9 year old boy's parents are killed by terrorist. He goes to live with his great grandfather until he's 16 when his great grandfather dies of cancer. His parents raise him to be free thinking and independent. His great grandfather adds to the training. David wants to stay living in the house he helped to build, but the welfare authorities won't allow it. So his great grandfather helps him to be true to himself when he runs away to stay free, and he finds a new life.- 52,200 words of action.

Tags: Coming of Age   School   Violence   Rags to Riches  

Cover

All rights reserved © 2015

Cover Art

The background images are Batlow by Leigh Blackall (top) and Looking East over the Murrumbidgee River near Gumly Gumly by Bidgee (bottom). Both are copyrighted by their creators and their use is allowed by the Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike Licence and terms. The cropping, size adjustment, and text are by Ernest Bywater. All rights to the cover images are reserved by the copyright owners.

26 March 2022 version


Author’s Note: I’ve taken some poetic licence with the Window Rock High School information and events because I was unable to find an official email address for the officials at the school or the school district websites when I was writing that part of the story in 2015. Thus I’ve kept events there very bland, plus the details may not be accurate due to the problems with getting real information about the school and district.

Note: UK English is used in this story, except for dialogue by a US character where US English is used in the dialogue and some nouns.


Table of Contents

Chapter 01
Life Changes
More Changes

Escape
Fast Mover

Transportation

Chapter 02
High-school Life
Homecoming Dance
Overall School Life

Arizona Life in General
Home on the Range
Walks in the Country
Desert Discovery
Another Discovery
Follow Up

Chapter 03
More Follow Up
Christmas Holidays
Spring Surprise
Summer School
Senior Year

Chapter 04
University Life
Life in General
Junior Year
Senior Year
Graduation

Chapter 05
On the Road Again
First Stop
Tampa, Florida
Moving On
Roadside Stop
Following a Wandering Star

Chapter 06
Back Home?
Home!

Guns
Danger in the Desert
Trouble in Town

The title styles in use are a chapter, a sub-chapter, and a section.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close