Lost Empire - Cover

Lost Empire

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

Chapter 90

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship)
0125 - Lars
0130 - Gillese
0200 - Ellen
0201 - Jake
0250 - Tendra
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0505 - Craig
0660 - Realla
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0805 - Toran
0808 - Radella
0881 - Handrax
0882 - Teal
0908 - Tara - Mara
1000 - Sherry


Ungrown - unnumbered


0102 - Derry (father ship)

Rescued from Tendraxians
so far


2 on Shelby both in re-gen
6 on Lucy


Known and OR numbered


0501 - Thaddeus
???? - Lena


missing
0667 - Marco
0999 - Zan - still lost


Far out beyond the edge of the Delcron space a movement had started. The clicking and clattering of organic armor was almost all that could be heard.

A huge praying mantis type of insect, stared down upon the army that continued to grow. A huge swelling pride grew within the main Queen’s chest. This was indeed a momentous day, the beginning of the end of the human empire.

She had received many reports that the empire was in deed weak. They had joined with the Delcrons, had taken out a medium fleet, still not a problem. The only thing that worried her at all was the strategy the Emperor had used.

Still, like all insect kingdoms, she felt a superiority that her kingdom was unstoppable. Looking over the million ships, the almost billion troops, she felt confident.

Ah, she thought, soon they would have more than enough to feed another ten planets. The idle threats of the human Emperor were just that, even with the the death droughts. They had fought well, though that was over, this new force was a hundred times stronger.

All this and she had another billion troops ready to emerge in just a few days. Ah! The pain and suffering that they would spread across the human Empire. She could almost hear the screams of terror as they were eaten alive!

Almost a billion troops stopped at attention before the Queen. Stepping up to the amplifier, she started.

A series of clicks started, “today we take the Empire we lost. Never again will we be beaten back by puny humans. Soon, my subjects, we will once again feast upon the living flesh of humans. We will again be the power in the galaxy.”

There was an overpowering amount of shouting from all those there. Each one knew that this time, with this many, they felt like they couldn’t fail.

A twisted, wicked smile came onto the face of the Queen. Even with the ten ships the humans had, they had no chance of winning. No, it wouldn’t be like it had been a thousand of their years ago.

The thousand ships they had brought had barely been enough. Even with the new tactics she had seen, it didn’t appear to be of any consequence. With the overpowering force they had, there was no chance for their victory. She was sure of it.

She nodded her head again as all that were there started to board ships. This, she thought, marked the beginning of the great Creagon Empire again.

This time they wouldn’t stop; they would continue on ‘til they had all the humans they would ever need.

On board Johnathon, both Admiral Hartwell and Bee were finally resting. No one had noticed yet that Bee’s appearance had started to shift to more a normal humanoid.

Johnathon was still running tests to make sure that they were truly healing. As of yet, he still hadn’t detected anything that was off with either of them.

For now, Johnathon decided that as long as they were out, he might have some peace.

“Secondary Prime, we are approaching the area. I am afraid that we won’t be able to use trans-warp while we are here,” Johnathon said.

“That’s alright as long as we can find more of them. I can only imagine being alone out here for as long as they were,” Lucie told him.

“With all the improvements that the emperor has made, you would think that it would be easier now. I know that the original designers made us very difficult to find, but not that hard, right?” Johnathon said.

“Well,” Lucie started, “he made quite a few, though I think he is still working on it. I think that the type of material that all of you made, plus your components aren’t helping,” Lucie said.

“I just hope ... secondary Prime! I am detecting at least three ahead. I can’t recall the last time I saw that many so close to each other,” Johnathon said. Lucie was staring straight ahead even as the words came from Johnathon.

“Yes,” Lucie was saying in an almost nonexistent voice. “That is us we are about to pick you up, please make sure you are clear, so we bring you on. No, we can clear almost anything,” Lucie continued on.

“The first two are clear on all parameters, they are aboard and connected. Oh my, it appears that the third has a virus working on it. New safety programs are working at two hundred percent. Secondary virus is now expunged,” Johnathon said.

Make sure that it is completely programmed and physically virus free. Check for all explosives, micro and macro. Finally, make sure that there hasn’t been any sabotage. Do it as the Emperor did it, no mistakes,” Lucie said.

A suddenly serious Johnathon snapped to it. I’m glad that the Emperor was able to accelerate the speed of the programs.

Looking over at her brother and Bee, she just hoped that the readings she had gotten earlier were true. If Bee and her people were indeed the lost tribe, then there might be a lot of people added to the empire. Lucie shook her head, that is if they really wanted to live in her and her brother’s empire.

A look back at the control panel, she saw that only thirty minutes, and they were almost done. They had just brought that one on board when she got locations for six more, well she thought, getting busy.

Lucie shook her head, my god, the brain boxes seemed to be packed together. It was too bad that it wasn’t always this easy.

“Alright Johnathon, let’s get to these next six, then maybe we can head back, Lucie said.

“Now moving secondary Prime,” Jonathon said as the trans-warp wound up. Less than thirty seconds later, they arrived near six brain boxes.

“Alright, same drill Johnathon, clear them before you bring them on,” Lucie said.

Mary had sent several probes to the four areas that she wasn’t able to get any readings on. Approaching the first of two that were within the new boundaries, she was not surprised that the first stopped. Switching to the other probes, she saw that there was a familiar energy discharge.

She kept a few probes near that planet as she sent the rest on to the second planet. This second planet was on the edge of the new areas. Like the first, the probe that got close to the planet was blown away by an energy discharge. Her other probes showed another familiar, though different, energy charge.

Mary was shaking her head the whole time. She was starting to think that they had enemies within the empire the whole time. ‘Til she checked the other two, she had to file all this away. The emperor would have to know very soon though, this was serious.

She watched closely as another probe neared a third planet. Just like with the first two, Mary watched as the first probe was destroyed. Mary decided this third was more than a coincidence.

Still determined to make sure, as the emperor had ordered, she had the last set of probes approach a fourth. Mary watched undecided as the last set closed in on it.

When the first probe was quickly destroyed, she decided immediately to make the call.

Derrick was still watching what was taking place with all the fighters when his com went off.

A look of shock came to his face when he noticed who it was. “Mary? Are there problems that I need to return for?” Derrick asked.

“I didn’t want to disturb you, sire, ‘til I had proof. It appears that we have four planets within the with enemy energy signatures on them. As you advised, I made sure that we knew for sure, the energy patterns are an exact match,” Mary said.

Derrick studied the patterns and all that Mary had recorded. “Thank you, Mary, this is a serious breach of security. Alert all ships of the situation, then I need you to determine the level of threat. As of this moment, we are on the edge of war.”

Mary nodded as she started to notify all the other ships. “Sire?” Mary said. “Should I have all of them up to combat readiness?”

Derrick stood there a moment then nodded. “Yes, I think that would be prudent. Also, I want you to start making more scans than before on the galactic edge. For some reason, I feel that this might be a precursor to something much bigger.”

“Yes sire,” Mary said. “All will be as you said.”

Mary clicked off as she started to notify all the ships of the present situation. She also had them increase their combat readiness to the point of war.

Derrick shook his head, why in the hell was this starting to feel familiar? It was a lot like when he had. It seemed everything was coming at him at the same time.

He then turned back to the small battle that was taking place. From what he was seeing, the small opposing force was holding their own. Well, most of them, as it appeared that Dempsy was flowing through them easily.

It was at that moment that several more ships landed, adding at least another hundred to the frey. Derrick was a little worried, the Jitaku that had shown up were barely holding the invaders.

Derrick had heard that another ten clans were moving out to join the fight. The thing was, the invaders were starting to move the defenders back. Then, there was the fact that a great deal of the defenders were hurt and down.

Dempsy was moving back and forth helping to get the injured out of the battle zone. So far, he’s only taken down about twenty, they being like rocks. He had pulled back a few minutes as he concentrated. He felt his skin tighten, then his hands became harder.

Returning to the fight, he noticed that the invaders had started to go down far faster. He’d finally drawn close to a building near the invader’s ships. From within he heard the unmistakable sound of fighting. A smile lit up his features as he broke down the doors.

Inside, he saw that Onai was standing among several unconscious men. Nodding to her, then flashing a few hand signals, Onai changed her fighting style. A quick swipe of the ropes holding her had her quickly joining the fight.

Again, like they had on the Delcron planet, both of them moved as one. Quickly, they took out the rest, then exited, taking another five.

A few moments later, a huge number of Jitaku speeders arrived. Even with the new editions, the defenders were having a hard time with the strange style.

Less than a half hour after it had started, Akira Fuwa Dempsey watched as several other doctors appeared. They had started in on those injured the worst.

Akira was watching everything that was happening, seeing that her son and his bride were fighting. She silently prayed that Kimon could defeat his older brother.

Kimon and Onai were back-to-back with a growing pile of bodies accumulating at their feet. Kimon was startled when he noticed that the number of men they were fighting wasn’t decreasing.

It wasn’t long after that Kimon also noticed that there seemed to be an endless supply of men. He and Onai started to fight closer to one of the ships. Looking in, he saw that there was a type of duplicating machine.

Kimon looked at Onai with a hidden look, then dashed inside. A few moments later, there was a smoking and popping as the flow of men stopped. Kimon came flying out as the inside of the ship exploded.

I just shook her head, “a little dramatic wasn’t it,” Onai said.

“Ah, but then what is life without a little drama,” Kimon said. “After all, it does make life far more interesting, don’t you agree?”

Again, Onai shook her head, “life is interesting enough without you adding to it. One would think that you are bored.”

“Not as boring as wanting to get through all of this. We have delayed joining far too long. You deserve far better than you received from this one,” Kimon replied.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close