A Ten Pound Bag - Cover

A Ten Pound Bag

Copyright© 2020 by Emmeran

Chapter 171: Patent Plans

Editor: nnpdad

The patent plan caught Michelle completely by surprise, watching the realization in her eyes as she came to grips with the of the vast amount of wealth available was fun. We had stopped in the shade of a huge old oak tree and I simply rested in my saddle and smoked a cigarette while she considered the implications. Michelle was a smart one and well educated, more-so than I was; she’d gone to a good university and gotten degrees in business and animal husbandry. I finished my cigarette and then began to lay out my plans for this scheme.

There was a lot to cover. The most important fact was that we had the schematics and we now had engineers to help us work them. So we discussed the engineers for a while and how to use them in this plan. We turned back to the compound to have a cold drink while we went over this, having her on the same page while I discussed this with the engineers would be a huge help.

Technology-wise we didn’t want to try to push too far ahead too fast; we also didn’t want to own every single important patent out there. We also had moral obligations to consider in addition to the Patent office fires. We had sit down and discuss all these historical facts and Sonya had to be brought into the scheme. We needed Sonya because we needed someone to put this to paper for us; there were simply far too many details for us to try to keep them in our heads.

So back to the compound we went to suss out the complete concept and get it put to paper before I sat down with the engineers. We still had time before I intended to head back east but we had a lot of work to do before then. Sitting down and sharing out my ideas were a big part of that. I wasn’t fool enough to think that I was aware of each and every consideration in the plan; this was a massive play and required input from all angles.

We sat in the shade of the camper awning and with Sonya taking notes we began to detail the overall concept and look for the hidden traps that lay within. There weren’t many we could add to this planning party, even Sher’iff and Lucinda, despite their being engineers, needed to be held out until the next day’s working session. We needed to have a full grip on the moral implications and extended impact we would be having. The engineers would get lost in the joy of the ideas and have trouble weighing those implications; almost like a kid with a ball, they’d want to play first and think second.

The moral obligation weighed heavily upon me; I simply did not want to steal an innocent inventor’s glory. Countering that was my knowledge of time twitching. Michelle and Sonya got the concept, however they simply didn’t and couldn’t know about the Weaver with the colorless eyes unless they brought it up to me first. They were content to accept that we were a one-off anomaly while I on the other hand knew differently.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close