A Ten Pound Bag - Cover

A Ten Pound Bag

Copyright© 2020 by Emmeran

Chapter 84: Morning Sunshine

I was awakened by a sweet singing voice and the smell of fresh coffee. Sweet Mary had a fresh cup of coffee and a smile for me as I emerged from dreamland. She looked nothing like the night before and she was beaming happiness. Another thing to add to the mystery of women.

I was able to easily extract myself from the rest of the sleeping pile and went out to enjoy my coffee and tobacco in the morning sun. It was a pleasure in life that I had pretty much forgotten back in the modern age, but I tried to enjoy it as often as possible now. Mary and Brin joined me.

“Thank you for last night,” Mary said, “it feels good to know I’m not alone anymore. Can I really come home with you?”

“Mary, you are part of the family now. Besides,” I smiled at her, “you forget that I still own you.” With that I put my arm around her and gave her a side hug and then a small tickle.

Mary giggled and said, “Oh, mighty master, what you do wish of your humble servant?” That earned her a kiss on the forehead.

She wasn’t done and she really had come out to ask me something.

“Master, will you please still punish me so that I may atone for my sins?”

F•©k, that was a dilemma. No, I didn’t want daily beatings on my checklist. If I put the rod to her, Banshee would be right behind her in line. It was easy to ignore Banshee, but if Mary the slave got something she wanted, I had better give it to her, also. I couldn’t afford to alienate the Pawnee right now, particularly since I felt I had enough trouble on the horizon. I had to trust that I could work Mary out of this punishment need.

“Mary, I promised to take care of you, and I will do as you ask. And if you are good, I will reward you. We need to make a deal, though. If you can forgive yourself and not need punishment, I will give you a child as a reward.”

Confusion, consternation, and happiness warred across her face.

“I should not be punished?”

“No, Mary, you shouldn’t be. We shall talk as we travel; I have a bible, so we can discuss things. You did nothing wrong in front of our Lord. For now, I will do as you want, but we will talk a lot and when you understand and can forgive yourself, I will give you a baby.” Boy, did I make a promise for the ages that I was definitely going to regret. I needed to get home and I’d sort it out there.

Mary was happy, though, and skipped inside to make breakfast, singing some silly song about babies. Mouse was the next person on the bench next to me. Before she started, I said, “More coffee, please, wife.”

Damned if she didn’t get me a fresh cup of coffee, so I lit another cigarette and waited.

When she finally spoke, she said, “Last night. Mary. That was bad.”

I merely nodded in reply.

“You should not beat her like that.”

“I don’t want to,” was my flat reply, “I don’t like it.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close