Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 6

"Marylin?"

"Yes, little one."

"Why is this storm happening now?"

"Princess, you must understand that you are very important to our magical kingdom."

"Because I'm a witch?"

"In many ways yes, but also because you are our future ruler, and because of your intelligence and kind heart you are going to make a strong leader.

"Princess Julie Anne, the most important lesson I can teach you is this, not all of the forces in this world are good. Just because you want to live in peace and harmony doesn't mean everybody does.

"Besides ruling with kindness and wisdom, you must also rule with strength. Rule with the knowledge that many good things are worth fighting for, and you will be a ruler of the light.

"When you reach the age of ascension, which will be your eighth birthday when you become a full witch, the forces of light will shine all that much more brighter."

"Because of me?"

"Because of all who have a good heart and a correct understanding of creation. Helping to feed your subjects and to assist in times of hardship is great, but you must always understand the more you do for a species, the weaker they become."

"Wow! Marylin?"

"Yes, little one."

"You still didn't tell me about this out of season storm."

"You are smart indeed, princess. There are those that make themselves feel stronger by making others feel less of themselves, or scared, or worried. So, if you or any creatures of the light are sad or scared, the dark side becomes stronger."

"Is somebody trying to hurt me?"

"There are those that would not want such a wise and strong witch of light to rule, but fear not, little princess, once we reach the dragons you will be safe."

"Once I am with my best friend Cindy again?"

"Yes, when you have joy and wisdom in your heart and mind, the forces of light are stronger."

"Marylin?"

"Yes, little one."

"Tell me another story."

Marylin smiles at Julie Anne's beautiful heart. She is proud of this little girl who will one day be her ruler too, because this little girl's mind is always thirsty to learn something new.

"Once upon a time there was a wise old owl named Hoot. Every time he had an idea he would go, hoot hoot." As Julie Anne gets lost in Marylin's story telling and the cadence of her footfalls, the miles start to fly by. "One day Hoot had so many ideas he had no time to share them all, so his brain overloaded and he started going hoothoothoothoothoothoot all day and night long.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close