Eden Virus - Cover

Eden Virus

Copyright© 2020 by JTaKeo

Chapter 32

“Hello, my name is Asumi. Nice to meet you.”

I first met her in elementary school. A transferred student who came in the middle of the semester, a most bizarre time. Her pink hair that draped down to her waist as she gave a small bow, flowed along with the breeze from the open window next to my seat. It was strange, as the moment she spoke it was as if the sun’s ray came out from the clouds and shined on her like the spotlight of an auditorium.

“Umm ... are you okay?” She asked, a tone of nervousness in her voice as she tilted her head to me.

“Beautiful...” Was the only thought that came to my mind as I looked up from my book and met with her. Her appearance was just that. She was the same age as me, yet there was something different about her. A sense that separated her from the rest of us, something from the rest of us girls.

She was perfect.

Her looks, her mannerism, her pose. Everything about her was as if she came from a storybook. Like a princess from a fairytale, she appeared before me as someone who could not possibly exist in the real world. Yet, there she was. Standing before my desk, her hair swaying gently with the wind.

She was such a perfect and beautiful person that I absolutely despised her. Her very sight brought me discomfort. That such a person could exist, it proved to me again the cruelty and unjust of the world I had long knew.

“ ... What do you want?” I grumbled as I quickly pulled my eyes away from her, biting my lips. She was so brilliant. Shining; her appearance was like looking directly into the sun and it made me cringe. I threw myself back into my book as I struggled with the sudden flood of negative thoughts that came into my head.

“Oh ... umm ... well...”

“Leave me alone. I’m trying to read.” I scoffed, not even giving her a glance. My voice cracked, the words coming out as if I was begging for her to go away although it wasn’t far from the truth.

Why did she come over to me? Since the first day she’s arrived, she had been the star of the class. I could easily see it even from my seat, the admiration of all the idiotic boys. The fawning of all the shallow girls who flocked to her like a pack of sniggering hyena. It disgusted me to no end. All of them, every one of them, disgust me.

“I’m sorry.”

Her response made me flinch. They were such simple words that caught me by surprise. I did not understand. It was the first time I heard such words directed at me, that I did not know what to do. But it was not the words itself, but instead the way she said it. The sound of her voice as she spoke not like the rest of the class, who only spoke to me with disdain and distance.

I fought it, but my head still moved on its own. Like being pulled, I found myself looking up again. I had expected to once again wince the moment I look at her face, to no doubt to see the same look that everyone gives to me; the look of scorn and contempt they all show me on a daily basis whenever I tried to speak to them. But instead, I was met with an unexpected smile.

My mind quickly went into defensive and rationalized that she was not really smiling, but like everyone else, was instead being condescending. That’s right ... it has to be. This person, there was no way possible that she could be smiling at me after what I have said and after no doubt hearing about me from the rest of the despicable class.

Yet no matter how hard I tried to twist it, the look on her face was an undeniable smile. She was smiling. Smiling at me! My already struggling mind was overloaded with a sensation I have never felt before and a tightness was on my chest that pulled at me with such great force that I dropped the book in my hands in complete shock.

“Oh! Ah ... umm ... I read that book before. It’s very good.” She spoke excitedly as she picked it up for me and giggled. “It was amazing when the princess turned into a monster and ate everyone. I especially loved how the writer portrayed the scenes of her tearing apart her subjects and ripping out the prince’s throat as he screamed and begged for mercy. Hehehe, it was so wonderful.”

“You ... did you just spoiled the story for me. What the heck?!” I exclaimed as I leapt out of my seat; my blanked mind scrambled to comprehend what has just happened.

“Eh? Eeeeh?! I’m-I’m sorry!! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know...!!” She cried out in shock. Her apologizes gave off a sense that she did this by accident, yet even so ... even so...

“I will ... never forgive you for this.” The words slipped from my lips. Emotions of all kind bombarded me in ways that I could not describe, yet there was one that I could easily discern that was blowing up within me; a feeling of rage that I’ve never felt before towards anyone as I stared at this girl, completely flabbergasted.

It was at this moment; I had decided this girl was my mortal enemy.


It was a disturbing sight, watching the young girl who was proclaimed to be Alma’s Eve struggle so on the ground. Yet Armadat did not waver as it charged its spear, the energy crackling in the air.

With the way it was, it’s the end for her. Even if she were not to be killed by Armadat, she was already being eaten alive. It was only a matter of time.

To the one who would side with those hoping to go against the judgement passed upon the sinners, this was more than she deserved. This foolish ploy from those who would go against the Almighty. What could it possibly achieve besides the disturbance of peace and salvation brought upon this forsaken world?

Peace ... Salvation ... The words cruelly echoed in Armadat’s mind.

“Derised ew tahw ylurt siht si ... sretsis?” Came strange noises from the colossal monster. It was only for a moment, but Armadat hesitated as if it suddenly beginning to question its objectives. Yet the moment those thoughts came to its mind, the crown around its head suddenly tightened.

“Drol ym, em evigrof! Sthguoht suomehpsalb hcus rof!” Came pain-filled wails as the creature steadied itself. Quickly as the thoughts came, it vanished from its mind as if suddenly wiped away and Armadat steeled its resolve the moment its spear finished charging.

“Htob meht no ycrem evah ythgimlA...” Came a quiet whisper from the creature, a regret sound as it once again offered a solemn prayer, as it launched its attack.

Releasing it completely, the very area itself become warped from the power that emitted from the tip of its spear, as it flew towards the writhing and screaming mass of flesh that agonized on the ground. The charged weapon aimed straight for her heart, for a swift kill.

However just as it was about to make contact, from thin air appeared a familiar smirking figure. Their soulless eyes looked upon the towering figure that launched itself with all its strength toward its target, as they raised their arms.

CRASH

The deafening sound of metal clashing with glass screeched from the contact between the two. Where Armadat’s spear flew, it was being held in mid-air, unable to move as if stopped by a powerful barrier. Large amount of energy poured out from the confrontation, like streams of light they burst from between the tip of Armadat’s lance and Alma’s outstretched hands

“Let’s play for a bit, my friend.” Alma declared as suddenly the attack was repelled and the giant creature was thrown back.

SKREEE

Violently sliding backwards, Armadat quickly regained control of itself but before it could even prepare for a counterattack an immense pressure came down on it, forcing it down to its knees as it could only raise it shield in defense.

“How does it feel, Armadat? This is the punishment that have been placed upon me by your so-called Almighty. Feel it as I have turned what is their curse into my power! Feel it and cower as I crush you with the very same weights that have been casted on me this entire time! Ahahahaha!!” Alma laughed manically as the crushing force casted upon the towering creature increased in strength.

“AHIMAN!!!!” Came a deafening scream from Armadat as it struggled to defend itself from the force that came down on it. But within the scream also came another sound from the second head on its chest that was reminiscent of a song.

“Heh ... heh AHAHAHAHA! Yes, sing ... sing to me! Sing to me the song of our covenant! Sing to me the words that were used to enslave all of us. I had knew you, out of everyone else, were still there, my friend! But now it seems my failure to you has been complete!” Alma suddenly screamed along as the strange melody reached their ears. From their eyes came trails of red that dripped down their face even as they continuously increased their power towards the fallen creature.

“SING TO ME! SING TO ME IN ANGER! SING TO ME IN HATRED! SING TO ME OUR SONG ON THAT VERY DAY, WHEN WE WERE ALL HELPLESS TO SAVE THE WORLD! SING TO ME OUR SWAN SONG, SO THAT I MAY INHERIT YOUR DESIRE FOR VENGEANCE TOWARDS THE FALSE GOD THAT FOOLED US ALL! SING TO ME, SISTER AMIA!!

CRA-CRACK

The strange singing continued from where Armadat was being held down. Bits and pieces of the area that surrounded them, as if made of glass, began to shatter and break apart with every passing moment of the melody. From above, Alma was grinning madly as the sound of the music began to wrap around them along with the cracking that emitted from their body. On their outstretched arms were fissures that were increasing in size, breaking up their skin as lights poured out from underneath.

“Five minutes was too optimistic. Heh heh ... how unfortunate. But this is still fine.” Alma gave a mischievous grin as they looked behind them at the still struggling and contorting body of the young girl on the ground as she slowly began to get up. “My dear Eve, I will have to leave you to those foolish boys now. However, I have no doubt anymore they will be able to help you. Afterall, was it not you who chosen them as your “friends”? Heh heh ... let us see how they will do.”

Letting out another terrible scream of pain, the tentacles that wrapped tightly around Ryuuko burst apart. Blood and flesh gushed out from her and splattered across the ground, melting the surrounding area like acid as her body began to increase in size and rose to the sky like a grotesque tree.

“Holy crap. A-are we seriously going to do this!? Look at that!” Juntaro exclaimed. The two boys were watching everything from a safe distance, bidding their time as they contemplated a plan.

“Having second thoughts senpai? You still have about 10 minutes on your timer.” Takuya scoffed.

“Oh sh-shut up! I’ll show you I’m just as capable of being as idiotic as the both of you!” Juntaro immediately retorted. “But Kenjirou, are we seriously going to trust that silver-haired asshole?”

“Of course not. I’ll never trust that bastard. But ... this might be the only way to save Takatora.” Kenjirou grunted as he glanced nervously at the glowing ball of light in his hand. He thought carefully about the conversation they had earlier with Alma.


“What do you mean, we’ll be your weapons?!” Takuya demanded.

“Ah, did I say weapons? I meant “friends”. Heh heh, doesn’t that sound much better now?” Alma giggled; a disgusting smirk spread across their face as they twirled their silvery braid.

“That sounds even worse! Who the heck would want to be your friend, you piece of shi-” Juntaro exclaimed.

“Stop it, both of you.” Kenjirou interjected, breaking up the fight between his two clubmates and the silver-haired being that floated playfully in the air in front of them. “You ... what are you expecting us to do?”

“Are you scared, “president”?” Alma asked mockingly, their soulless eyes meeting with the furrowed brows of the club president. “Did you three not already resolved yourself to save Takatora Ryuuko?”

“We did. However, it does not mean that we’re going to willingly do whatever you want. We at least demand proper explanations.” Kenjirou replied as he adjusted his glasses. He stood his ground as he stared into their eyes, the deep voids that sucked in everything and left no trace of light or humanity.

Alma gave a dry chuckled, as they tossed the three ball of light to the boys. Gently, it floated towards them like feathers in the air.

“It ... this thing reached me through the screen? How-how is that even possible!?” Juntaro cried out in surprise as he felt the warmth of the glowing object that appeared before him inside his electronic world.

“Save yourself the trouble. You will not be able to fully analyze it, not with the paltry technological skill you currently possess. The same goes for the rest of you. Don’t waste your time but instead, just swallow it.”

“Hmph, I told you that we’re not going to just do whatever you say without an explanation as to what this is.” Kenjirou protested as he held the ball of light. He could not feel it, yet the brightness it gave off were blinding and as it floated gently in the palm of his giant hand, he could see it pulsating ever so slightly as it shuddered the air around it.

“ ... It’s a seed. I granted it to you, for it will be the only way for you to contact Takatora Ryuuko who have been consumed by her own original sin. As you are now, you stand no chance of reaching her in her current state. But with the seed, you shall be able to resonant with her.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close