Eden Virus - Cover

Eden Virus

Copyright© 2020 by JTaKeo

Chapter 9

Alma gently laid Ryuuko on the ground. She was still unconscious, sleeping soundly without a care in the world. Her uniform was in tatters, her whole body covered in blood, and her face were stained with tears as they rolled down her redden cheeks. Yet, she was sleeping so peacefully.

Alma got down closer and carefully wiped the tears from her eyes. Looking at the young girl, a feeling long forgotten swelled inside Alma. It was weak and small, like the last kindle of a tiny flame. This girl, Takatora Ryuuko, has given Alma “hope”. It was strange. To feel such a thing after so long. After so much pain, so much suffering.

And For a brief moment, Alma genuinely smiled.

“Not yet.” Alma whispered as their usual emotionless look came back. “Not until the last of this lie is destroyed. I will have my revenge.”

“Prepare yourself, oh false god.” Alma solemnly swore while looking up at the dark red skies, eyes burning with hatred. “We’re coming for you...”

“Now then... , “ Alma slowly stood up. “They’re finally here.”

An unsettling grin slowly spread across their face.

“Let us begin.”


SLASH

Blood poured from the monster’s neck as Takuya slit its throat. It fell to the ground with a sickening splat as it laid dead on his feet.

“Phew...” He took a quick breath as he discarding the broken knife in his hands. He looked over his remaining arsenal hidden underneath his uniform, counting a total of 5 left. It wasn’t enough.

“This isn’t good. We’re running out of time and weapons. Prez, what do we do now?”

Kenjirou crushed the skull of another monster under his foot, blood splattering across the ground. Takuya was right, they’re in a bad situation. The three of them had moved as fast as they could after they got prepared, but the time dilution of going through a Channel did not guaranteed they would arrive on time. What’s more, Juntaro had announced to them that the girl’s signal had disappeared from his scanners.

“Mitsuhide, any luck?” he asked to his phone.

“No good. I’m searching, but it’s as if she just vanished.”

“Then that means ... we’re too late. Prez...”

“Kenjirou, I’m sorry.”

Kenjirou cursed underneath his breath. He clutched his fist so hard his brass knuckles dug into his skin and bled. But he could not feel anything. Yet again, he has failed. Takuya placed his hand on the president’s broad shoulders and shook his head.

“There’s nothing else we can do. We have to go, before more of these things appear.”

Kenjirou could only hang his head in shame. “Let’s get out of here...”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close