Inferno - Cover

Inferno

Copyright© 2019 by LT Vulcan

Chapter 17

There was a clanking sound as Leo Riggs walked down the brightly lit hallway. He was followed by Tiffany Griffin and David Rhodes.

The cool air inside the building contrasted the hot exterior. He patted his forehead dry with his handkerchief as they approached the large door. He opened it and entered a lavish room.

The focus of the room was a U-Shaped table. Four other people were sitting at the table waiting for them.

“Glad that you could join us, Leo and David.” Said a man with soulless blue eyes and closely shaven hair. “And this must be the famous Tiffany the Bounty Hunter.”

“It’s a pleasure to be back, Jon,” Leo said.

“Let get this meeting underway,” Tiffany said.

They sat down with three people on the sides of the table and Leo at the arc.

A girl with a pair of sword hilts sticking out of her back spoke: “I guess the time has finally come to make a decision.”

“That’s right, Tina. Xelos’ tomb has been found, so it’s only a matter of time before someone else awakens him. Do we want to be the ones and be in his good graces?” Leo asked.

“If we keep it protected, then he won’t awaken, right?” She responded.

David spoke up. “That’s only temporary. What happens to the next generation? Eventually, security will become sloppy, and he’ll be freed.”

A cheery woman with brown hair nodded. “That’s right! And then he’ll be angry with us for not trying to free him.”

Leo nodded. “Well, put Alyssa. I agree. Does anyone else have anything to add before we take a vote.”

Tiffany rose and said, “Why don’t we work with both the Final Order and the Circle and find out who it is that’s going to release Xelos?”

Tina stood as well, “That’s right. According to our troops, Damus’ host has something to do with it. Why not start with him?”

Leos said, “That could take too long. Do you really want to fight an angry Xelos? Someone who not even the Gods and beasts could beat him in fair combat.”

“The beasts were taken out in a systematic way that they had no chance, and the Gods weren’t nearly as strong as they are now. Together they could win. Not to mention, all the other users would probably unite against him. If there’s someone who can release him, then there’s someone with the power to defeat him.” Tiffany argued.

“Based on that logic, why not release him? If the Gods are that powerful, then there is nothing to fear.” David calmly said.

“Because the longer we wait, the fewer casualties we’ll have. Who knows, maybe the prophecy doesn’t exist, and Xelos will never be released.”

“Again, that’s only postponing the inevitable. Xelos is returning at some point. Why wait and then start a war we can’t win?” David said, getting visibly angry.

Leo saw this as a good time to step in. “I guess if everyone has nothing else to add. It’s time to vote.” Everyone nodded in agreement. Leo continued, “I want everyone to agree that they’ll follow through with the decision even if you don’t approve of it.”

They accepted the terms.

“I vote to release Xelos. Tina, what’s your decision?”

“No, don’t release Xelos.”

“Alyssa?”

“Release him.”

‘David?”

“Release.”

“Jon?”

“No, we must keep him sealed.”

“Tiffany?”

“Don’t release.”

“Well, that makes it three to three.” Leo turned to the man who had not said a single word the entire meeting. “Clint, you’ve been quiet so far. What do you say?”

The man named Clint stood. He drew his curved sword from his hip. Laughing, he said. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Release him.”

Tina stood up to object, “Clint Foster! That’s the wrong way to think of it. He’s too dangerous to be released.”

“Ah, ah ah. You said that you’d be accepting of the outcome.”

Angry, she sat back down.

Leo spoke, “Okay, next thing to work out is our plan.”


Author’s Note:

Hey Readers,

LT Vulcan here.

Wow!! 1400 downloads? That’s insane. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to get more than 100 for my book, let alone 1400!!

Just a heads up. This is the last Chapter of Inferno. I have the second book of the series in the works. It should be out at the beginning of next year, maybe a little later, so keep an eye out.

Thank you all so much for reading. See you next year.

LT Vulcan

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close