Little Girls of Wonder - A Squire Named Kate
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Mizer spins around really fast and he has a battle-axe in his other hand. "How dare you come into my cave!"

"Hobgoblin Mizer, you are under arrest for taking things that do not belong to you. You are a thief. One of the lowest vermin of criminals a society has to offer. Drop your battle-axe and raise your hands in surrender."

The hobgoblin laughs an ugly laugh and raises his axe like he is going to hurt Kate. "No matter what happens here today, you will fall from the pristine." and then he charges Kate and Cliff.

Cliff is sad because he did not want it to end this way, but Mizer is threatening Kate. Cliff hopes watching Mizer die does not take away from Kate's beautiful heart.

Just then Brag comes in front of Kate to protect her also, and bites his former master. When Mizer turns on Brag, Cliff comes up behind him and hits him on the head with the hilt of his sword, knocking him unconscious.

Kate is standing there bravely. It is not that she wasn't afraid, but it is that she did not let that fear change who she can be. Her beautiful heart shone through once more. Cliff hands her a little whistle and says, "Here, blow this."

She blows it good and loud and then says, "What did that do?"

"You'll see."

As Cliff is tying Mizer up, Kate feels a strong breeze coming from outside. Ten seconds later Gregory lands nearby. "Miss Kate, are you alright?" asks the purple dragon, concerned for his new friend, the pretty Kate.

"Yes, Gregory, we are okay. We have got the thief Mizer."

"That is wonderful! The king and queen of Lavender will be most happy."

Soon more noise is heard outside as Misty, the fairy and another three fairies come flying into the cave. "Ah, wonderful! You have apprehended Mizer. We have sent word to the Royal Guard. They should be here any minute."

Two minutes later four Royal Guards land nearby on Pegasuses. "Cliff, you have captured Mizer. No longer will this meanie take things that do not belong to him. The kingdom will rejoice."

"It was not just I that has accomplished this goal. If not for my wonderful squire, Kate, we would have never found this place and ended this fools reign of terror. No longer will he steal from hard working people."

"It is sad to harm those who don't want anything given to them. They just want to keep that which they work hard for." says Kate wisely.

"Wonderful! The king and queen themselves will want to thank a squire named Kate." Everybody there is happy. "This does not seem like everything he has stolen."

"No, there must be much more. We will have to find it," says Cliff.

"Did Mizer say anything?" asks the Captain of the Royal Guard.

"He attacked us with his battle-axe."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close