Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 236: Sushin Transformation

(Heishin's four bodyguards face down Kenshin and the others.)

Sanosuke: Guess that makes four on four. (glancing at Saitou) Hey, you want one?

Misao (waving her hand in the air): Me me me! I want one! I'm on a roll today, so let me take it!

Sanosuke (as Megumi restrains her): You'd do more harm than good.

Heishin: It would be better for you if your followers withdrew.

Sanosuke: What?

Heishin: The samurai on the boat. You're the boss's enemy, aren't you? Don't hide behind your followers, come out yourself. We ourselves don't have much time. If you die quickly, they won't all have to be destroyed.

Kenshin: They aren't my followers. Everyone here has my complete trust. They're my friends.

Heishin: Friends. I see.

Kenshin: I don't know you, but if you're one of Enishi's men, tell him to come out. We'll settle this man to man. That's the best way.

Saitou: You're wasting your time. That's Wu Heishin. He's the organization's number 2, but unlike Enishi, he's a practical business, unlikely to take the lead in an attack. His being here probably means Enishi turned his back on him, or else that he foresaw failure and is making his escape.

Enishi: You're very rude. I wasn't abandoned, and I'm not running away. The boss is the one that's abandoning the organization. Thus I'd like you to reconsider your thinking, as I am now the organization's Number One.

Sanosuke: Hang on, does that mean you're after Kenshin now? There's no reason for that.

Heishin: I'm tired of taking my former boss's leftovers. I thought it might be amusing to show him what it's like to not get what you want for once. Saitou: Essentially, you're here out of spite for Yukishiro Enishi. You may be smart, but at heart you're a child. A child with a hand-me-down organization ... Today's going to be more boring than I thought.

Heishin: You are irritating. If you really want to die, then be my guest. Battousai's underlings! Come on then!

Kenshin: First they were my followers, and now they're my underlings?

Heishin: If not, then a punk, a brat and a shady character! Come on! I told you we don't have much time!

Sanosuke: A punk, huh. Well, I can't say no. How about it?

Yahiko: Kenshin doesn't want to mess around with you. Either come on or get out of our way! Then we'll settle who's a brat.

(Misao (in the background, still being restrained by Megumi): Who's shady? You can apologize by dying, you black little toad!)

Aoshi: I don't care what you think of my natural disposition, but let me give you some advice. When the head of a group takes the field without precisely judging the strength of the enemy, that group has no chance.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close