Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 138: A Loud Laugh

(Saitou bursts through the door.)

Sanosuke: Saitou!

(He strikes Shishio's forehead with the Gatotsu.)

Houji: Lord Shishio!

(Yumi screams. Shishio grins and slashes across Saitou's legs, reopening his wounds.)

Saitou (falling back): Dammit ... Shishio: Just as I said. You were close to us, so I expected a surprised attack.

(He pulls away a bandage, revealing a steel band around his forehead.)

Saitou (thinking): A skullband... !

Shishio: It was an unexpected blow to the forehead that knocked me out before I was thrown on the fire. So I've made sure I won't make the same mistake twice. You didn't do your homework, Saitou Hajime. You wasted your one slim chance to bring me down. Usui must have given you those wounds. It's impressive that you could still use the Gatotsu, but you've done it for the last time.

(He raises his sword.)

Saitou: No sooner do you say that than you let down your guard again? Fool! You're the one who hasn't done your homework!

Zero-shiki!

(Shishio dodges to one side and drives his fingers into Saitou's shoulder.)

Shishio: You call this carelessness? I call it confidence.

(Saitou coughs blood.)

Shishio: The Gatotsu performed at ground zero. Not bad for a government dog. (He ignites his glove.) You're different from Battosai. You meant to kill me. So in my new age only your name will remain!

(His glove explodes; Saitou falls back in flames.)

Sanosuke: You bastard!

(He strikes Shishio's face with the Futae no Kiwami. Shishio only smiles.)

Shishio: No matter how great your strength, I'll match it, so bring it on!

(He punches Sanosuke, throwing him back against a wall.)

Sanosuke (slumped over): Shit...

Shishio: You are shit.

(Looking over the bodies of his enemies, Shishio laughs in triumph.)

Houji (thinking): Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Strength! Even greater than I had imagined! We won't have to wait ten years--with Lord Shishio nothing is impossible!

Yumi: Finish them, Lord Shishio! These guys are as stubborn as cockroaches! Hurry up and finish them!

Shishio: Don't rush me. It's been so long since I fought myself. Let me savor the afterglow of victory a little longer.

(From the door): No ... it's still too soon for a finishing blow or the flush of victory.

(Aoshi stands at the door, swords out.)

Shishio: Oops. It completely slipped my mind. There's still one whipped dog left.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close