Phantom Child - Cover

Phantom Child

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Chapter 10

Heath pulled up in front of the Monaco and tossed the keys to the valet. The door man was unloading the luggage, and Heath helped Debbie out of the car. “Let’s get our room key. I’ve had about all the anticipation I can stand.”

Debbie wrapped her arms around his and giggled before looking up at him and saying with her own desire shining in her eyes, “Me too.”

Heath led her up to the front desk and smiled when he saw Harry’s old college buddy, Gina. “Hey Gina.”

“Heath, I hear congratulations are in order. Harry said you were getting married today.”

“Yes, this is my wife, Debbie. Debbie, this is Gina. She and Harry went to college together.”

Debbie smiled. “Hello.”

Gina smiled back. “Welcome to the Monaco, Mrs. Gladstone.” She typed on a computer for a few minutes and then handed Heath two key cards. “Harry booked the two of you into the honeymoon suite. So, if you’ll take the elevator up to the Penthouse level, yours is the suite on the right side of the hall. Everything in the room is complementary, and Harry left his card number to take care of any incidentals. You will receive two steak dinners and your luggage in your suite in the next ten minutes, as Harry told me you might be hungry. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to call. I’ll be here till midnight, but I have informed our staff that you are priority guests. Enjoy your stay, and again, congratulations.”

Heath smiled as he took the keys. “Thanks, Gina. We plan to.”

Gina laughed. “You’re so like your brother, Heath. He was eager to get his bride back to the room as well.”

Debbie blushed, and Heath laughed. “Well, what can I say? It’s my wedding day, after all.”

Gina waved them off. “Go on, get.”

The elevator opened and Heath and Debbie got on. Once he pushed the button and the doors closed, Heath wasted no time in claiming his wife’s lips. He pulled her tight against him and let his hands wander as he devoured her mouth. Debbie gave as good as she was getting. When the door opened on the Penthouse level, Heath scooped her into his arms as he strode out of the lift. He didn’t slow till he reached the door to their suite and Debbie slid the key card in the door. Heath carried her into the room and straight through to the king-sized bed in the open bedroom. She giggled when he laid her down on top of the covers and crawled up with her. “Heath, you need to delay your gratification just a little longer. Gina told you that both dinner and our luggage would be up in ten minutes. That’s about six now.”

He shook his head. “I don’t care. Let them wait.”

She rolled to the other side of the bed, away from him. “Behave. Just a little longer, I promise.”

He pretended to sigh and pout. “This anticipation thing you read about better be real. That’s all I can say.”

She blushed, and he growled. “Stop that. You aren’t helping. Dear God, Debbie, if you knew what you do to me, you’d run into that bathroom and lock yourself in.”

She shook her head. “No, I won’t, just a few more minutes, Heath. I promise, once they leave, I won’t deny you a second longer.”

He huffed. “Fine.” He turned and acted like he was going to walk back into the main room of the suite. When she got close to the doors, he grabbed her and pressed her up against the door frame as he explored her neck and jawline. His hands alternated running up and down her back and gripping her rear. She whimpered, and he caught her plump lower lip in his teeth and lightly nibbled. Then he released the lip and continued to explore every nook and cranny he could without removing her clothes.

He just started working on the buttons down the back of the dress she was wearing when there came a knock at the door. Heath cursed and let Deborah go as he turned and stalked to the door. He attempted to compose himself during the brief walk to the door. Upon opening it, he found both the bellman and room service waiting. He stepped aside and allowed both of them to enter. “Food by the table, luggage in the bedroom, gentlemen.”

He pulled his wallet out and pulled two twenties out of it. Like his brother, working in the industry, he knew how hard these guys worked and how often they get stiffed or under tipped. He and Harry had talked several times about Harry’s philosophy on tipping others and Heath agreed. They over tipped for two reasons: to help make up for the under tippers, and because it guaranteed that they’d get the best service. So he slipped them both the twenty and thanked them for their quick service. Both men nodded and left. Neither had looked to see what he had given them, which impressed Heath. However, he knew they would check once they were out in the hall and the door was firmly shut behind him. Heath grabbed the do not disturb sign and put it on the door latch outside, and then shut the door, latched it, and put the privacy latch on as well.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close