The Writer's Princess Muse - Cover

The Writer's Princess Muse

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Chapter 8

Aurora knocked on the door to the hotel room that Lynn and Kelli were staying in. Kelli let her in and showed her around. It was also a suite, but not a two-bedroom suite. It had one room with two full-size beds and a separate sitting room. Lynn sat on the couch and gestured for her to join them. Once Aurora was comfortable, the older woman smiled at her. “So, how did you like working for Rob tonight?”

“It was interesting. I learned a lot.”

The author chuckled. “Yes, not all of it pleasant, was it?”

Aurora’s smile dropped, and her eyes looked at the floor. “No, but it was enlightening.”

“I’m sure it was. I know it was enlightening for me. Even before my granddaughter told me why, she asked me to invite you here. A blind person could see the attraction between you two.”

Aurora frowned. “I’m not sure that’s a good thing. I’m almost positive I shouldn’t be working for him feeling this way.”

The older woman tilted her head to the side slightly while she studied Aurora. “Is that because you’re afraid people will think you slept your way into the job? Or because you can’t stand to see him allow all those women to slobber all over him?”

“I haven’t slept with him. We only met yesterday.”

The grandmother waved her hand at Aurora. “I know that, girl. He talked to me right after he offered you the job. I know you’re a writer he is mentoring, and I know he is also very interested in seeing if a relationship is possible with you. I know about yesterday’s date, and the mess he made of that, as well as the make-out session your mother interrupted this morning. However, the most important thing I know is how serious Robin is about his brand. He wouldn’t offer you the job just to sleep with you or as a reward for making out with him. First, because he knows I’d kick his ass if he did, then call up his mom and have her come here and kick his ass, too. But most importantly, because he would never do anything that he thinks would jeopardize his career.”

“Oh, okay.”

The older woman looked her in her eye and leaned closer. “Aurora, you’ve done something no other woman has done; you’ve captivated him. Don’t get me wrong, he’s had girlfriends and sexual encounters. Heck, he’s one of five men in our genre, and he’s the only handsome, single one. That leads to encounters. However, he’s never had one that he was serious about until now.”

Aurora sighed. “I like him, Lynn. I really do. However, I can’t and won’t proceed in a relationship with a man who kisses every female who asks him to. We argued about it before I came down here. I flat out told him as long as he’s kissing fans, he won’t be kissing me. I don’t share.”

The older woman burst out laughing. “Good for you! Maybe now he’ll realize his agent has no clue what he really needs to do to keep fans. That woman started that whole kissing thing. Mostly so she’d have a reason to lock lips with him. She’s tried everything she can to get him into a relationship with her. You need to be aware of that. As his assistant, you’ll be in the meetings with them, so you can put a stop to that as well.”

Aurora’s brow wrinkled in thought. “Why are you so concerned with Rob’s sex life, Lynn?”

The woman smiled. “Because he asked me to be three years ago. That’s all I can tell you, but if you want the entire story, then ask him to tell you. Now let’s talk about you, young lady.”

Aurora was surprised. “Me? What do you want to know about me?”

“I want to know everything, honey. You’re the first woman whom my friend Rob has shown any interest in since he asked me to keep him honest with the ladies. Let’s start with what romance genre you’re writing in? I know Rob said you had four ready to edit and a fifth more than half written.”

Aurora blushed. “Actually, I have written six. I only showed Rob four of them. Because the other two aren’t part of the series he wanted to know about.”

“Six! Why haven’t you published yet? Rob said that the one he read was superb.”

Aurora opened her mouth to answer Lynn, when Kelli gasped and held her iPad out to her grandmother. “Oh my God!! Grandma, look at this!”

Lynn looked at the tablet and laughed. “Well, Aurora, it seems you’ve won.” She handed the iPad to Aurora. As she read the post that was displayed on Facebook, she felt her heart speed up and her knees get weak. That delicious tingle she felt every time Rob had kissed her senseless started at her toes and rushed up to the tips of her hair. She looked at Lynn and Kelli with a big smile on her face.

“If you ladies will excuse me,” Aurora said as she handed the iPad back to Kelli. “I need to go see a man about a kiss or three.”

Lynn and Kelli both nodded and Lynn said, “You go wow him, honey. Make his toes curl and his brain melt.”

Aurora smiled a sexy little smile. “I think I just might.”

Then she was out the door, heading up the hall to the suite Rob had gotten for them.

*****

Robin watched as Aurora left. Her statement echoing in his heart. “I am not willing to share you with anyone. As long as you’re kissing other women, you won’t be kissing me.” He knew she was serious, but how could he meet her demands and not damage his relationship with his readers? Angie was adamant that his fans wanted him to be the embodiment of a romantic male. According to her, he was the heroes he wrote about. The man who made them feel special. If he stopped doing the things at appearances that they expected, would they still connect with him as fans and readers?

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close