The Writer's Princess Muse - Cover

The Writer's Princess Muse

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Epilogue

The ballroom was packed as Amelia took the stage. “Well, writers and readers, I hope you had a great experience this week here at the Central Region Romance Conference. It certainly will go down as the most exciting convention we’ve had yet. I don’t know how we could ever top the live Facebook post the other day. But maybe our Keynote Speaker will have an idea. Here, coming to you live once again on Facebook is R.G. Donovan.”

The lights went down and a video screen dropped from the ceiling. Then R.G. was on the screen in a tuxedo. “Howdy, everyone. Sorry I couldn’t be there with you in person, but Aurora and I had another engagement we needed to attend. I did, however, want to thank you all, both writers and readers, who helped with our minor problem caused by vindictive people.

“All our friends on Facebook, thank you for helping us overcome our own real life overwhelming circumstance. I couldn’t have written the situation any better or the resolution either.

Writers, let me tell you this: Keep writing romance. Your stories and the Happily Ever After in them inspire readers to dream of their own and sometimes to even reach for it.

“Readers, keep dreaming of your own Happily Ever After and reach for it. You never know when you might encounter the love of your life. I met mine at the coffee shop. So, if you look for love, you’ll find it.

“Aurora and I are so grateful for your help in bringing us back together that we wanted to do something special. For those that don’t know, she agreed to marry me yesterday. Since you all were so instrumental in helping that happen, we thought it only fitting to invite you all to our wedding. But we realized that might be impossible and extremely expensive. So, we thought maybe this would suffice.”

The camera widened to show Aurora standing beside him in a wedding gown, the pastor of a Vegas wedding chapel standing with them. Everyone at the conference went nuts cheering. This was what they all wrote and read about. A real life fairy tale romance with a Happily Ever After ending. Kelli and Lynn were holding each other and crying. Amelia was beaming. This year her conference would be the most talked about author and reader event. That would only help her company grow. As crazy as things were they only got crazier when R.G. nodded, and the pastor looked into the camera and said, “Dearly Beloved. We are gathered here today to witness the union of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. I’ve been told to skip the next line. There’ve been enough objections already for this couple. So without further ado.” The minister looked at Aurora. “Do you Aurora Rose Wright take this man, Robin George Donovan to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish forever, forsaking all others and clinging only to him until death parts you?”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close