The Writer's Princess Muse - Cover

The Writer's Princess Muse

Copyright© 2023 by George H. McVey

Chapter 15

Aurora woke to the sound of someone pounding on her outside door. She had no clue who it could be. Rob was still at the Central Region Romance Conference, and they’d agreed that she wouldn’t fly out until Monday to meet him at their next stop. They were going to meet at their next stop, which was the Indie Romance conference in Las Vegas. Rob had been nominated for Romance Author of the year, and his book Phantom Love was up for Paranormal Romance Novel of the Year. So, unless it was Paul bringing her car back from Rob’s, she had no clue who would be banging this early in the morning. She drew on her robe and headed for the door to give whoever it was a piece of her mind.

She yanked open the door and was shocked to see Rob standing there. He pulled her into his arms and devoured her mouth like a starving man attacking food. She melted into his arms and returned the kiss with just as much passion as he’d given her. When he broke apart from her lips to breathe, she asked. “What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in Illinois for three more days.”

He kissed her again. “I had to see you. Without you there with me, I don’t feel whole. Lynn agreed to teach my last few classes, and I came home to you. I had to tell you something, and it was too important to say on the phone.”

She pulled back. “Okay. What was so important you couldn’t say it on the phone? That you had to fly here and abandon your commitment?”

“I didn’t abandon my commitment. Amelia insisted I come to you. She feels terrible about what happened.”

“Well, she shouldn’t. It wasn’t her fault, but if I get my hands on that Angie Sugar or that skanky wannabe me, I’ll kick their asses.”

Rob was kissing her again, and she couldn’t help but respond. Finally, he let her up for air again. “This is what I came here to tell you. Aurora Rose Wright, I am madly in love with you. I love everything about you. That’s what I needed to come tell you. I can’t live without you and I love you. Your love is my Happily Ever After.”

She looked at him and knew this wasn’t a line. He was showing his heart to her, hoping she’d show hers. “I love you too, Robin George Donovan. I have since you wrote that message on my cup at the Java Cupid.”

Rob pulled back, a look of confusion on his face. “Princess, I never wrote a message on a cup at the Java Cupid.”

“Sure you did, that first day we met. It said, ‘My love is your Happily Ever After’.”

Rob shook his head. “I never wrote that.”

“You had to have. The message showed up in heat sensitive ink right after you left.”

“Princess, I’m not saying you didn’t get that message. I’m just saying I didn’t write it.”

“But you had to have. It’s what made me fall in love with you.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close