World Uppon Dawn - Cover

World Uppon Dawn

Copyright© 2023 by Nikus Janestus

Intro: Desolated existence

In a certain era in a certain location, there was a man who did not live. It whitened the heavens, and was interested in the mundane, but even so, it did not live. Such a feat could, in part, be explained by the fact that he lived for experiments in general, and not for his own glory. He could become famous using pseudonyms, but he would never want to have his real name targeted by interested parties, it was his only way of living, an anonymous in essence, glancing at everything that can be observed, and seeking to interfere as little as possible so that it does not change what could be observed to occur spontaneously and dynamically, regardless of his wishes.

Eventually, he aimed for immortality, and it, which he always fascinated, always proved to be something unheard of and difficult to obtain in essence, because death will come anyway in the end. While extending his own life, he performed countless experiments using lesser evils, and thus would extend his life, even if it was just for one more second.

The glimmer and the unpredictability were the characteristics that most fascinated him. He felt excited by the prospect of being surprised, but even so, he sought as little as possible such a feeling, consolidating himself in the abyss, from which he drew his own ideas, and perhaps, his own essence.

Refusing to accept himself as a mere mortal, he glimpsed the infinite and the absolute, and said to himself:

“I am trapped in my own capacities, what else would free me from my body but death?”

Even so, he did not aim at death, but at what could be obtained through death. He was never religious, but the fascination with divinism did indeed flow through him.

Walking the path that the abyss will prepare for him, knowing that the path to the abyss will only take him deeper into it, he had no expectations other than to become part of the abyss as well.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close