The Lord of Legacy - Cover

The Lord of Legacy

Copyright© 2011 by Dravkon Scraine

Chapter 1

Dravkon's history is more than a slight mystery other than that his father was a thief who was told by his outlaw group called Black Claw's leader to act as a spotter for their assassination attempt on the king.

He could not bring himself to kill anyone and just as the assassin got ready to fire the arrow he shoved the assassin and fought him to the ground. As he fought the assassin he was slashed across his face and eyes. After he got him immobilized the guards came and saw the two of them there. The guards saw an unconscious man and what looked like an assassin running away in the alley and a small trail of blood trailing behind him. They chased him with the intent to find and kill an assassin who just tried to kill the king. He ran through alley after alley bumping into person after person. But the slash across his face had taken its toll, he was blind. As he got behind a broken crate behind an abandoned house to try and recuperate his senses he heard a familiar voice.

"J-Jared?" He said with a quivering voice "Is that you?" He reached out a hand to feel if it was him or not.

"I'm here, what happened to ye, boy?" Jared said as he pulled him up off the ground and ripped a piece of his shirt to use as a blindfold and bandage. Jared was his lifetime friend of his, he is a good ten years older than him but they didn't act like it, they were both orphaned and didn't know much more than that but they didn't mind. They spent 15 years of their life stealing and conning their way to a few silver coins which they used to buy two loaves of bread and a jug of water every now and again. By the time he got his mustache, Jared had gotten a medium beard. He was always kind of envious of Jared's way with hair. But at the moment that didn't really matter seeing as he was gashed across his eyes and is now blind for his remainder so he can't really see Jared's hair now.

"The B-Black Claw ... they wanted me to help kill the king ... I ... I couldn't do it! I ... I..." He started saying hysterically. Jared started to slowly sit him down.

"Alright then, boy. I can see that the Claw is over steppin' some boundaries with that attempt and we really need to find a way to stop them but first, you need a doctor. Both your eyes are gashed, and that bandage ain't a life saver, boy." He said hauling him up and putting his arm around his back as they started walking toward the slightly busy city streets.

As he got to the city's doctor he heard something.

"Jared, I hear something..." He was saying just as two men jumped from the alley way and another from a low building. They each pulled out wicked-shaped daggers and started towards them.

"Black Claw." Jared said sitting him down and crossed his arms.

"Give up the traitor and we will let you go, don't make this hard." One said lowering his dagger and slowly walked toward them.

"Sorry, he's not goin' anywhere. Not with ye anyway." He said calmly.

"The will of Black Leon is not for you choose, whelp!" the bandit snapped as he pulled his dagger back up and signaled the others to charge at Jared.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close