Lawyers in Love - Cover

Lawyers in Love

Copyright© 2022 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 2

Posted: November 30, 2009 - 08:56:28 am

The exchange of offers and counteroffers had been fast and furious over the course of a month, but an agreement had been reached. Benedict Flanders would end up retaining twenty percent of the company he had started although he would be relegated to a minor board position without significant contact with employees. The former Mrs. Flanders ended up with thirty percent of the company while the ten sexual harassment victims ended up with five percent each. It was a far better deal than anyone had expected.

Benedict read over the agreements with a frown. Shrugging his shoulders, he said, “It is a lot better than Michael had predicted.”

“It is a better deal than you deserved considering how much evidence against yourself you collected,” Jared said.

“I sure didn’t expect that Sanders woman to bring in an army of private investigators,” Benedict said. Things had been going so well until she had called in Ables Investigations.

“You’re lucky that her family didn’t take you to Afghanistan,” Jared said.

“Why do you say that?” Benedict asked.

“She’s related to the founder of Black Ice,” Jared said.

“That’s a nasty bunch,” Benedict said realizing just how lucky he was.

“Very nasty,” Jared said in agreement. He asked, “You brought in all copies of the videos?”

“Yes. They are all in that box,” Benedict answered gesturing to a box on the desk.

“You didn’t keep any copies for your personal enjoyment?”

“No, I didn’t,” Benedict said. He smirked.

“You’re aware that if a copy is found that the penalty will cost you the rest of your share of the company,” Jared said.

“I’m aware of that,” Benedict said.

Jared slid a pen across the desk and said, “Sign all of the agreements.”

Benedict signed the agreements and left the office a much poorer man than when he had entered. He now had to go about the unpleasant process of establishing a new residence. It was a lot better than being completely broke.

Jared put the papers together in eleven neat packets to be handed over to Karen. While putting the last one in the packet, he said, “That Karen is a fine looking woman. She is a damn good attorney, too. Now that this case is over, I’m going to ask her out.”

The telephone rang with the tone indicating that it was an internal call. He punched the button for the speaker phone and said, “This is Jared.”

“You’re eleven o’clock appointment is here,” the receptionist said.

Smiling, Jared said, “Bring her into my office.”

He rose from his chair and moved toward the door to greet her. He reached the door just as Karen entered the room. He reached out a hand and said, “Hello.”

Karen took his hand and said, “Hello. I hope that we can clear this up quickly. I anticipate a lunch appointment at noon.”

“Ah. Let’s get to it,” Jared said a little disappointed that he wouldn’t be able to extend the discussion. “The papers are in the envelopes over there. The videos are in the box.”

“Are you sure that these are all copies of the videos?” Karen asked while looking inside the box.

“He assured me repeatedly that those were all copies of the videos,” Jared answered.

“Did you believe him?”

“I’d rather not comment on that.”

“Well, Ables Investigations will discover the truth,” Karen said with a grin.

“You think very highly of them,” Jared said.

“They are my cousins,” Karen said. She opened the first envelope and examined the contents. Satisfied that the documents were in proper form, she replaced them in the envelope.

“Your cousins?”

While checking the second envelope, Karen said, “Anders, Sanders, Ables, O’Tooles, O’Connors, and Connors are all Donaldsons. We are a big family.”

“It sounds like a big family,” Jared said watching her like a hawk. When she leaned over the top edge of her lacy bra was just visible.

While checking the third envelope, she said, “It is getting bigger every day.”

“You don’t say,” Jared commented. He wondered if her panties matched her bra.

“Shelly O’Connor had a baby girl yesterday. We’re expecting Laura Connor to have a baby today or tomorrow,” Karen said.

“That’s a lot of babies,” Jared said suddenly feeling a little uncomfortable about topic of conversation as a precursor to asking her out on a date.

“Well, considering the size of the family and the fact that Donaldson women tend to have lots of kids, it is rare that a week goes by without a birth,” Karen said. She looked in another envelope.

“Every week,” Jared said. The thought that there was a Donaldson getting pregnant every week went through his head.

Karen looked up at him and winked. She said, “Just think about all of the practicing that takes place before the baby is conceived.”

“Practice is good,” Jared mumbled unable to think of a more appropriate response. Images of practicing with Karen flashed through his mind.

She looked at his crotch and said, “Donaldson women are particularly randy.”

“Randy is great,” Jared echoed softly. It seemed to him that the higher functions of his brain were beginning to shut down. She leaned over to pick up another envelope. Her blouse opened a little more giving him a better peek at her black lace bra. A shiver went through his body.

“Very randy,” she said in a voice that was so hot it could boil water.

“Wow,” Jared said.

Karen smiled at him and said, “It looks like everything is in good form.”

“You can say that again,” Jared said. He was immediately disappointed when she sat up and destroyed the view he had been enjoying.

“I’ll see you later,” Karen said. She picked up the packets and the box. Looking over her shoulder, she said, “Until later.”

“Later,” Jared said. As soon as she left the office he adjusted his pants. He stumbled back to his desk and took a seat. The telephone rang. He pushed the button for the speakerphone and said, “Jared here.”

“Your eleven thirty appointment is here,” the receptionist said.

“I didn’t know that I had an eleven thirty appointment,” Jared said looking over at his appointment book.

“Well, she’s here and she’s a real cutie,” the receptionist said.

“Send her in,” Jared said curious about the identity of his visitor. He didn’t have to wait long before she stopped outside of his door. A girl of about ten years of age entered his office. She was wearing a little business suit and carrying a briefcase.

Handing him a business card, she said, “Hello, I’m Mercedes Anders. I’m here to represent you in the upcoming negotiations.”

“What upcoming negotiations?” Jared asked.

Mercedes said, “It is my understanding that you are interested in pursuing a relationship that will end in a lifetime economic merger with my cousin Karen.”

“You mean I want to date her,” Jared said.

“Precisely,” Mercedes answered. She opened her briefcase and pulled out a packet of papers. Handing them over to him, she said, “This is a standard Anders dating contract. Please look it over. If you have any questions, I’ll be glad to answer them.”

Jared was having a hard time keeping from laughing. He had never heard of anything so ridiculous in his entire life. He glanced down at the contract and the urge to laugh died. He said, “According to this I’m prevented from having sexual contact with her until after the third date.”

“Yes. You’ll notice that there are limits specified on physical contact for the first three dates. For example, the first date is limited to a good night kiss with touching limited to bare skin,” Mercedes said.

“Bare skin?” Jared asked.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close