Rapture - Cover

Rapture

Copyright© 2021 by A Carpenter's Son

Chapter 9: The Galactic Infestation!

Rowland and Delilah had been married for almost three months. The fourth and fifth divisions had filled out nicely with the grand opening into Amarillo Texas as a large part of it. The cadets had made three showings at the Houston games. Boyd had the Cadets at both baseball teams in Chicago. Showcasing the heroes of the Little Greys Battles. The Chicago 2nd Division of Cadets now was over twenty thousand.

John had a force behind him of over 40,000 men and women with the remaining Earth forces on alert to guard our home. They had arrived at what was known as the home of the Spiders. They had searched the planet to find any humans alive before landing nearby.

“Who are you and why are you here?” The man asked. The man certainly looked like he belongs in Beijing.

“I am Emperor John Taylor. We are here to rid your planet of spiders.” John said.

The man motioned for John to sit on a cushion with a wood backing.

John was on the planet of the spiders. His space force was in a major battle overhead with the Spider Ships. John had a God Box to be able to communicate with locals, “How did this happen?” John asked what looked like a very old Chinese Man. He had a dozen other old men with him. John asked, ‘Are these people or this planet the source of the Chinese People on Earth?’ He got a very strong, ‘Yes.”

“Our history tells us they came down in some sort of a pod. Something that might have been used to escape a ship in space.” The man communicated with another behind him.

John wanted to know, “Where did they get their ships?”

“From us.” The man said, “In the beginning, the spiders were small and ate only a pest that consumed our crops. It was defined as a friend, even a beneficial friend. For many hundreds of years, humans and spiders thrived upon this planet.”

What is your name?” John asked.

“I am the Lord of this planet. I have not used my name in a hundred cycles.” The man had to think for a minute, “Caihong Chun.” The man then said, “My complete name is ... Caihong” started it, twelve other names were ending with “Chun”.

“I am Emperor John Taylor.”

“You said that before, Emperor of what?” Caihong asked.

“Are you a member of the Galaxy?” John asked, “For I am the Emperor of the Galaxy”.

“We were once upon a time.” The man shook his head no. The language was Mandarin Chinese.

“Do you know how many cycles that was?” John asked.

“Nine thousand, maybe ten thousand cycles.” Lord Chun said.

The spider came out of hiding and was upon them in seconds. It raised one of its legs and stabbed Lord Chun through his body.

John stood cutting the offending leg off high up. The spider was lifting its other three front legs. John lifted the spider, for a second it was perpendicular to the planet’s surface. Connect the tips of the legs with a line that had to encompass over 100 feet in diameter. John with his TK ability threw friend spider fifty to sixty yards away. The giant spider was on its back with legs in the air. Like a turtle, it tried everything to right itself. Then the first one then another of its legs dropped and stabbed the spider in its soft underbelly. John could hear the scream then quiet again.

John expected Lord Chun to be dead. What he saw was a smiling Chun saying, “You did well my friend Emperor. Please rid our planet of these spiders. We have maps that are tens of thousands of cycles old that show the spider’s home world. Very high levels of radiation. We have a story from that time when the humans in their home world tried eliminating the threat by setting off enormous explosions. All it did was eliminate the humans.

“Lord Chun, we would like for you to join us later today as we eliminate the spiders. This is a fourth-dimensional planet and has a right to be a member of the Galactic Government.” John smiled back at Lord Chun, “Please forgive me, I need to contact my ship.”

Lord Chun nodded in acceptance.

John when he was talking with the new Patricia (A 775 E with 220 seats.) asked for General Chang the CO of the Chinese Division and head of the Chinese Space Program. They had 20,000 men and women a thousand 885s and two thousand 336s and Two 775-Es one as the command ship and one as a hospital.

General Chang called back and talked with John briefly, “Bring your most learned General, this may be your home world.”

When the General and his staff arrived, they found they could converse with Lord Chun and his elders about 80% of the time. General Chang had brought a reporter and cameraman to film the meeting.

Back on Earth:

Rowland had a squadron of ships made up of 995s, 885s, 446s and 336s circle the planet above the Van Allen Belts. If there was any sign of the spiders then he would increase that by four at least. There were still one hundred and sixty thousand cadets on Earth. They were made up of sixty thousand Russians, ten thousand Canadians, five thousand Mexicans and thirty thousand Chinese, and twenty-five thousand from India. Along with his newly completed 4th division and ten thousand of the third Division over Washington DC. Making thirty thousand for the US.

Britain had just been taken to God. The many members of the Pilgrim Society and Royal Organizations with many thousands going into the Sun. It was still to be determined what would happen to England in the future.

The Chinese Cadets all wore Black Lanyards. China was now more than twenty percent following John’s teachings and most had been to God. So far China did not have a leader and it was taking its toll on the effectiveness of the Chinese Government. The change was in the air.

Their military was also deteriorating. Like the US they too were thinking of eliminating their Airforce and much of their Army. Both Russia and India were also considering that and were willing to sit at a table to negotiate such a move. With the US taking a lead by eliminating its Airforce, both Canada and Mexico agreed and were not planning on ordering new jets. The US did a remarkable feat when they increased all pilots’ pay in all branches by 25%.

The US Cadets only had one person on the active-duty roster that did not receive flight pay. The young man Bill Reynolds had joined the Cadets just after Rowland in the early days of the Watchers. He became nauseated every time he flew and often saw his lunch or breakfast again. He didn’t want to go to college, but he was full-time and was willing to do the graveyard shift on the radio. Bill became the specialist for the radios. He wrote a 200-page manual about them and what to do about anything and everything. John suggested he become a Warrant Officer and train others. He did.

“Bill this is Watcher One, anything going on tonight?” Rowland asked.

“General Taylor, we had the Acheniums come by and pull their monthly draw out of the Great Salt Lake at 4:23 A.M.

“How much do they draw?” Rowland asked with Delilah looking on with a smile.

“It’s an odd amount, for our purpose, it’s around a million gallons. Boeing made their floating tankers. Pretty hard not to miss, a ship with two “gigantic trailers” being pulled behind it.”

“You said monthly, don’t they come more often than that?” Rowland asked.

“They come by every week and draw out of the Atlantic Ocean near the equator but only once a month from the Great Salt Lake. We keep a log for the State of Utah and the Federal State Department.”

“What do they do with it?” Rowland asked.

“They distill it, sell the water for drinking water and salt as a delicacy.” Bill laughed.

A laughing Rowland asked, “Anything else Warrant Officer Reynolds?”

“No sir. Quiet night, I have had to make an extra pot of coffee.” Bill’s smile was apparent in his voice.

“Call me if anything that shouldn’t show up.” Rowland was back to serious.

“Yes Sir, General. I have a sign that I’m looking at: “Call General Rowland when or if there is ever a question.”

“Thanks, Bill. Talk with you soon.”

“Yes Sir, Rowland. 10/4”

Rowland sat there for a few minutes thinking.

“What do you think Sir?” Delilah was so proud of her husband. They had gotten into the UW Aerospace Program. They had six classes for a total of thirty credits each. These were the core requirements. They had to maintain at least a “B” in each class with a 3.5-grade point overall. By the end of spring next year, they would complete their BSAS. (Bachelor of Science in Aerospace.) Their Counselor told them that unless they did something stupid, they would have an open door to the master’s program.

“Too quiet. I get the sense they’re coming.” Rowland said.

The good ship was heading back to West Seattle when alarm bells went off, “A black ship the size of an Escapee missed Heidy by 47 feet. It is heading towards Earth.” Heidy announced.

“Watcher 1a is flying wingman,” Ronnie said over the radio.

“Watcher 1a go get that ship,” Rowland announced. Rowland turned to Delilah, “Was that one of my brothers?” Delilah smiled and nodded holding up three fingers, signifying Ronnie Taylor.

“Yes Sir, on the way.” A few seconds went by with the same voice, “In the black ship, you are entering upon a controlled space and will be blown to bits in five seconds.”

All quiet for four seconds then a voice, “Don’t shoot, we are from Earth out for a joy ride.” A young voice said.

“This is General Rowland Taylor of the Space Cadets. Who am I talking to?”

This is Bill Sanchez Jr., and there is Sam and Pete and Brad and Nutso. I mean Quin all aboard. Oh, Susie too. There are five no six of us and we play baseball in the park. We are all between ten and twelve, Sir. Sir this ship was next to our baseball field, and we figured out how to move it. Can we claim it, General Sir?”

Rowland tried not to laugh. His stress level like his blood pressure was the highest in his life. Delilah was no help, she had her hand over her mouth, “Watcher ones, please safe your weapons. Mr. Bill Sanchez, follow us to our base at the Fifth Division in Amarillo Texas. Are you six interested in becoming Cadets?”

“Sir we all live in Guymon, Oklahoma. There is hardly a way for us to be part of the Space Cadets in Amarillo, Sir!

“Bill, we have cadets in Idaho that belong to the Montana Cadets. You can certainly become Cadets if you want. Of course, you will have to get certifications to fly and be assigned a 445.”

“Sir, we all go to Prairie Elementary School. There is almost nothing to do in Guymon. I bet I could get 100s of Cadets in Guymon.”

When General Mona had reached 17,000 Cadets for her Fifth Division it was apparent to all that there was no room for the Fourth Division. Father John talked about the abandoned Air Force base in Amarillo. General Franks made some calls. “General Frank Taylor, want to go, see?” There was a dozen, “I want to go too.” That was about the time when Rowland was ordering Watcher 1a to blow up a Black Box of the Spiders. Thank you, God, for that not happening.

Amarillo Air Force Base, Amarillo, Texas:

They investigated over 100 rooms, then sat down for a lunch in the new Patricia. With five replicators it was easy to make something everybody wanted.

“Who owns it?” John asked.

“The remains of a defunct Air Force. It’s been for sale for over five years. The Army’s housing now has it.”

“Housing for sixteen thousand five hundred families. Room for 4,000 to 6,000 ships. There is water, electricity, what is wrong with it?” John asked.

“Every house looks like a remodeling project. Every building need’s painting. There is graffiti all over the place. Even the asphalt roads need mowing. It will take a million-man hours or more to get this place livable.” Jenny laughed at the futility of it all.

“Remember the Shelter?” John asked. General Franks was smiling and nodding. All the adopted kids that were there in the early days were also smiling and nodding their heads. The common memory as in you was gone a day, one would need to ask where things were.

“Tina, can you make a documentary of this, and would it be of interest to the world?” Jenny asked.

Tina looked to Scott, “It started as a news event, then a part of a show, then to a three-show series, ‘Before, how it was changed, to after.’” Tina had a family member with her, a niece named Barbara. She lived in Amarillo and went to jr. college.

General Franks was sitting next to General Frank Taylor, “What do you think Frank, do you have faith in your father to make this place livable?”

“The shelter was a miracle as it all came together. We bring in a plumber, an electrician, a gardener to mow the roads and sidewalks. We need a roofer too. We bring in 20 of our officers. We train them in one or two houses. They each train twenty others. By doing that we have four hundred. I suggest we train one more level, so end up having 8,000 trained. Then they work with a team of volunteers each. We get to that level we’ll walk through this remodel project, mom.”

“You guys have all grown up, haven’t you?” Jenny asked.

“I have five divisions under me, mom. With the guidance of these two fine gentlemen, I feel we can accomplish anything.” Frank smiled.

“What was the shelter like before daddy came?” Gaia asked.

“Hell is often thought of as hot. The basement was a cold hell. If we set a water bottle down for a few minutes, it would start freezing from both the top-down and the bottom up. We were already cold so trying to get enough heat into a bottle of water that was starting to freeze was difficult and painful. A few days before the minister and his wife took Lucy to the Emergency Room at the hospital because she was dehydrated.” Franks said.

“I remember being in the Emergency Room, but not for why.” Lucy said, “I remember they handed me two bottles of water and told me to drink all of it, so I could go home.”

“The hospital called DSHS (Department of Social and Health Services, State of Washington) and they referred the call to me to check up on you if I could.” Jenny laughed.

Beth Franks asked, “Why is that funny?”

“That was the start of the Blizzard. I couldn’t get my garage door open after I removed all the snow off the concrete pad in front of it. The door was frozen shut and I thought it was such a great idea to put it in there to be out of the weather. I gave up and went into the house realizing I had a message on my answering machine. I listen to the message thinking I should turn the heat up.”

“The message ended, and I called my office and they told me to check on a girl at the hospital named Lucy. I told them my car was stuck in the garage and I couldn’t that day but would try again as soon as the snow melted. I hung up and the lights went out. I made myself two sandwiches. Two or three days later someone knocked on my door. When I opened the door a little girl, I think it might have been Terri handed me a notice about the shelter under the church.”

“Then I remembered John, and I wanted to talk to John. I got ready and left.” Jenny took a deep breath, “I was cold, hungry, and sick. I know I had a fever. It was with the help of the judge that I even got to the shelter. The snow was above my knees, and he was breaking the trail. The last question I had that day was am I going to be safe. When the truckload of food arrived that day and I was eating I realized I was safe. I think that was when I relaxed and passed out.” Jenny smiled at everyone at the table. She grabbed John’s hand.

“I took her into the Star Chamber, gave her a healing, and covered her up with a blanket. She looked at me and told me she wanted to stay with me, I think she said she was home, and she felt safe. I picked her up and took her to my room and laid her on the bed. Took her coat off and her shoes and covered her up. As soon as I could I ended my day and eased myself into bed and put my arm around her and fell asleep.”

“The next morning, I was up eating a banana and daddy asked me If I would grab a book and stay with Jenny. He said when she wakes up, she is going to be lost and will need a guide to find the bathroom and something to eat.” Lucy said, “Daddy had healed me so I went over and gave him a kiss and told him “I would watch out for her.” I grabbed my water and book and went into Daddy’s room. Jenny was asleep with a smile on her face. I sat down and started reading one of our new books. It was for a 7- to 10-year-old. I was really happy I could read it and understand it.”

“What do think Gaia?” Jenny asked.

“Was it warm?” Gaia asked.

“Yes, the furnace was running, but the big change was when we had about 30% of the concrete in the hallways covered with carpet then the furnace was adequate and got a chance to start shutting off for short periods. The more carpet down the warmer the shelter became and the longer the times the furnace would turn off.” John informed all.

“Can we get General Rowland here?” General Franks asked.

“He’s making his rounds sir. From 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM.” General Mona Jackson said, “He visits every post up there every day.”

“I love his dedication. We can wait. I’m thinking of going with you John.” General Franks looked around with a smile, “When you go after the spiders.”

At the 5th Division’s home across town from the Air Force Base:

“Have a seat.” Rowland gestured to the east side of the two eight-foot tables placed together end to end. Bill, Sam, Pete, Brad, Quin, and Susie all sat down. As they were sitting, Tom handed each of them an application, “Are there more of you?”.

“Yes Sir, how will we get to work?” Quin asked, “We have another twelve to fifteen of us.”

A man was sitting nearby. He came over, came to attention near where Rowland was about to take a seat, “State your purpose?” The man had a flight jacket on. It was just getting too warm for such a thing. He handed Rowland, a file with Jacob Forrester on the leaf.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close