Ginny B - Cover

Ginny B

Copyright© 2021 by Vonalt

Chapter 17: The Bait Attracts the Quarry

So up to the middle of October I would call Ginny B and continue the steady stream of platitudes and out and out lies to her. She was practically bubbling about her future with me. The white picket fence, the 2.5 kids and the 4000 sq. ft. home she saw in some women’s magazine recently. It was almost getting time to lower the boom on her and have her take the bait.

In one of our phone conversations I mentioned that I had ran into Jeff Valentine in a pub near the campus of Chicago University. That bit of information rattled her somewhat. She said she didn’t recall him. I told her he acted like he remembered her and he had this funny grin on his face like he was recalling some past event when he and I were talking. Ginny B at that moment remember that she had to be somewhere else soon and had to end the call early.

Agent Foster told me that they had her under surveillance and she had two steady callers who spent the night at her place. They also monitored her phone calls and no contact with Jeff Valentine since I made contact with him a couple of weeks earlier. She was playing all the angles that was for sure. I think it was time to up our game and get her to make a mistake.

What happened the next time I called couldn’t have happened any better even if I planned it myself. Instead of calling at the usual time I switched nights and called on a Thursday night instead. I dialed the number through “the little black box” as I normally did. The call started with the clicks, pops, and bleeps that it normally did, then a dial tone and the phone number being rang as a normal phone connection.

After the fourth ring, the phone was picked up and a male voice answered.

“Hello?”, the strange male voice said.

I was caught off guard for a moment and took a breath before I responded.

“Ah, is this Ginny’s house I mean I may have dialed a wrong number.”

“No you got the right place. Ginny is taken a shower after, ah ... Her working out, yeah she was working out for an hour,” the strange male said. “Who dis?”

“Oh, I am her brother James, I am working different hours this week and I thought since I had some time free I would give her a call,” I lied. “Can you tell her I called and I will call her at the regular time next week.”

“Brother James called, will call regular time next week. Anything else?” the stranger asked.

“No that’s it. I’ll let you get back to you two doing your exercises.” I replied. “Don’t wear yourself out doing push ups.”

I heard him laughing when I hung up.

Agent Foster looked over at me and was grinning.

“That should shake the bushes some.”, Agent Foster chuckled.

I didn’t even respond to his comment I was too busy remembering. How could a beautiful young woman like Ginny B turn in a cold narcissistic monster as quickly as she had?

My senior year of college I had taken a class in abnormal psychology as an elective to fulfill the requirements needed to graduate. One of the chapters in the text book was on psychopaths. That chapter was like the book’s author had known Ginny and was writing about her.

According to the book a psychopath was prone to violence. I still carried the scars both physical and emotional. Once in a fit of rage she had grabbed my left forearm and had dug bloody divots with her finger nails. Those divots were still visible. Then there was that time I had to physically pick her up and carry her out of a room cause she went after another coed who simply struck up a conversation with me and that set her off in a blinding rage.

Also a Psychopath shows a lack of empathy. I recalled how she acted at the memorial service for my friend Janet who had been strangled. During the service she sat there looking bored and disinterested. Most of the time she just looked at me.

Lastly a Psychopath demonstrates behaviors that are narcissistic, manipulative, impulsive and egotistical in trait. There was just too many things she had done to just to think of one example. She had murdered at least five people that I knew of. In addition she threatened other coeds cause they simply made the mistake of trying to be friendly. In order to get her way she would pout, throw tantrums, do what ever she could to get me to capitulate so she would stop embarrassing me in public. The rumors she had started about me being a misogynist and was both physically and mentally abusive. She did that to get revenge on me for breaking up with her. That cost me a lot of dates and ended several relationships that were just blossoming. I had spent my senior year and most of time in graduate school pretty much a loner. Why try when sooner or later the rumors would spread and I was asked not to call again.

Then there was that time I told her I loved her. That was the on switch in my mind that started this whole nightmare. Ginny B was responsible for 99% of this but the other 1% was totally on me. If I had only kept my mouth shut. Maybe we would have gone out for a while and she would have soon gotten bored with me and moved on.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close