Ginny B - Cover

Ginny B

Copyright© 2021 by Vonalt

Chapter 14: The Game is Afoot

After the New Year’s Sadie left for Oregon back to her home and job. Our parting was emotional and brief. The couple of weeks she spent meant a lot to me. I finally had someone who I could honestly say I could spend the rest of my life with. We promised we would phone each other on Sunday evening when the rates were cheaper. Mrs. Jorgeson seemed to be more energetic and enthused for life. She kept teasing me that she and I should swap abodes soon cause I was going to need the extra room for children. Talk about putting the cart before the horse, but if it made her happy, who cares.

That Wednesday after class I called the Chicago office of the FBI and asked to speak to a Special Agent. After being put on hold for a couple of minutes the line was picked up and an actual agent answered. “This is Special Agent Foster how may I assist you?” the agent said in a monotone almost bored sounding voice.

I gave Agent Foster my name and where I was calling from and then got down to the particulars. “Special Agent Foster a few months ago there was explosion in an RV south of Chicago at a resort. The victims were the retired president of Midwestern University and his wife, who was a well known psychologist,” I said and continued on. “That sir, was no accident it was a carefully planned premeditated murder of two wonderful people who I was close to.”

“Oh and what makes you believe this was a murder plot and who was the murderer?” he asked sounding like he was humoring a nut case.

“Agent Foster the murderer was their daughter Ginny B and I am certain of it. Her father told me in confidence earlier he was retiring and had planned to travel the USA for a while. And that he no longer was going to support her and that she would be on her own for the first time in her life.” I stated factually. “I personally know Ginny B and I know what she is capable of. Believe me sir this isn’t the first time she had killed.”

“Who were her other victims?” Agent Foster requested. “And why didn’t you go to the police then?”

“I did Agent Foster and I was told no woman could do as I claimed. In fact I was working for the Police Department at the time as a computer consultant. I have a list of names of her other victims and the Lieutenant in charge of the Homicide Squad is Lt Barnes. I worked for him, he and I other than this got along great so this is no act of revenge on my part towards the LT.” I carefully stated. “Barnes is a good man, its just that he is wrong in this case.”

“So why did you bring this to the attention of the FBI instead of a state police agency?” he asked.

“Cause sir, they were plotted and acted upon across state lines. Doesn’t that make it a Federal Case?” I quizzed.

“OK once more from the top, give me all the particulars. I’ll check them out and will get back to you.” Agent Foster responded. “Any other details you care to mention while you are on the phone?”

“Yes, Agent Foster there is” I responded. “There are only two people that I know of who personally knew all of the victims. That would be Ginny B and myself. No one I can think of fits into that category. And all of my alibis has been thoroughly checked out and were determined to be clean. You can check with LT Barnes on that.”

“Now that is an interesting spin on things.” said Special Agent Foster.

With that we ended our call. I expected it would a couple of weeks before I would hear anything back from Special Agent Foster if then.

For the next two weeks life went on as normal. Monday through Friday I went off to work early in the morning. Taught my classes and dabbled in the afternoon at the Computer Center on a project that I had started to work on. It showed promise. In the evenings I was either in my apartment doing school work or down at the big house watching TV with Mrs Jorgeson. On the weekends I stayed pretty much close to home. Saturday night I made sure I was off the roads due to drunks out and about. Sunday morning it was church with Sunday dinner afterwards. Sunday evenings were dedicated to Sadie. We made sure our phone calls didn’t last over an hour. She and I continued to become closer even though there was 1500 miles between us.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close