Accidental Hero - Cover

Accidental Hero

Copyright© 2021 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 7

Although it was nearly impossible for Mike to believe, Erica was even more responsive in bed than Cat. The young woman came just from being kissed. He had never thought of himself as having much stamina in bed, but she was unconscious before he was even close to a climax. At first it worried him a lot, but he got used to her collapsing on the bed unconscious within a minute of two.

The solution was to include Cat in the bed so that she could warm him up before he turned his attention to Erica. Cat would take him almost to the point of no return and then he would enter Erica. Within a minute, he’d be coming. Most times he would finish about the same time that Erica’s eyes rolled back in her head.

Cat was ecstatic about his bedtime performance. In a way, he was confused by her obvious pride in his bedroom skills and how much time she wanted him to spend with Erica proving that he was indeed a virile Hero from Earth. It took a long time for him to realize that she was establishing bragging rights.

Despite her quick trigger, Erica was practically insatiable. She was ready to go eight or nine times a day. Every action and every word out of her mouth was a subtle tease intended to get him to the next performance. Between the cultured sexiness of each woman, Mike was in a near constant state of arousal.

Between bouts of sex, Mike was debriefed about every minute of his time on Chaos. He also trained with weapons and learned more about Chaos. Cat couldn’t help him with sword training and he knew that he would have to start training with a sword back on Earth. She was able to tell him the styles that would be most useful.

One afternoon after a very intense session with Erica, Mike joined the two women on the couch. The pair of women made sure that he was seated between them. Erica asked, “Do you have a girlfriend back on Earth?”

“No,” Mike answered.

Cat asked, “Why not?”

“You’re the only woman I need,” Mike answered. He noticed the expression on Erica’s face and added, “Along with the Damsels.”

“That’s rubbish,” Cat said.

“What’s rubbish?” Mike asked.

Erica said, “A man like you can give a woman so much pleasure in bed that you should be surrounded by a dozen women.”

“Two dozen,” Cat said poking Mike in the side.

“You’re it for me,” Mike said.

Cat stood up and faced Mike. Pointing a finger at him, she said, “I want you to promise me that you’ll find a nice Earth woman or three and keep them happy.”

“I’m happy as I am,” Mike said.

“Promise me,” Cat said.

Mike stared at Cat for a moment and then said, “This is important to you.”

“Yes, it is important to me. I know that you know Hero Sid and his Hero Companion,” Cat said.

“I know Cynthia,” Mike said with a frown.

“Sally Caretaker is always bragging about how her Hero, Sid Jones, has a girlfriend on Earth who actually accompanies him as a Hero Companion. I want to be able to say the same thing about you,” Cat said. She sat down on the couch and said, “You’re my Hero and I want to be able to tell women that you can satisfy hundreds of women.”

“It sounds to me like you want to brag about me,” Mike said.

“You bet,” Cat said.

“I’m not very comfortable with that,” Mike said. He preferred to earn respect with his current actions and not on the basis of boasts about his past.

“Are all Heroes that modest?” Erica asked.

“Yes, they are. They all act embarrassed when they discover that we have television shows in which we discuss their sexual prowess,” Cat said returning to her seat next to Mike.

“You have what?” Mike asked open mouthed. He wasn’t sure that he had heard correctly what Cat had said.

“I’ll probably go on the Heroes Are Sexy show when I return to Cassandra,” Erica said.

“Oh? That’s one of my favorite shows. I used to lie there and masturbate while watching that show,” Cat said.

“Same here. The hostess really knows how to get all of the erotic details about the performance of each Hero,” Erica said, “I’m sure that everyone will want to hear about the new Hero. He’s such a stud. It takes both of us, just to take the edge off his sexual drive.”

Cat looked over at Mike and said, “I just have to look at him and I get wet between the legs.”

“Same here,” Erica said.

“He’ll take care of you anytime you want,” Cat said. She gave Mike a look that suggested he had better agree with her or else.

“Uh, yeah,” Mike said looking at Cat realizing that this was very important to her.

“I can’t wait for the day when I can get on television and tell everyone that he has an Earth girlfriend, too,” Cat said.

“I don’t have an Earth girlfriend,” Mike said.

“You must find one. There must be millions of women on Earth who need a man like you in their lives. I’d feel so guilty thinking that you were denying some poor woman pleasure because of me,” Cat said.

Erica sighed and said, “You know, you’re a very lucky woman. You’ll get to make love to him every time he goes on an adventure. Millions of women will be jealous of you once you tell them how good he is in bed. I’m jealous of you, now that I’ve experienced him.”

“Uh,” Mike tried to say. He wasn’t sure how he felt about his sexual activities becoming fodder for television.

“I had always heard about how Earth men could have sex with a woman until she lost consciousness, but I never believed it. Now that I’ve experienced it, I still find it hard to believe. It is amazing,” Erica said.

“Maybe if I went a little slower, you’d last longer,” Mike said.

Erica shuddered and then let loose with a low moan. Cat said, “You really know how to light a fire in a woman, don’t you?”

“Uh,” Mike said.

“You are definitely going to have to get a girlfriend on Earth,” Cat said.


The month with Erica and Cat passed quickly. He was relaxing on the sofa one morning drinking coffee when Erica came in the room and announced, “I’m pregnant.”

Cat jumped up and raced over to Erica. Hugging the woman, she said, “Congratulations.”

“I’m so happy,” Erica said.

Although he had known that the whole reason for Erica to risk her life had been to have a baby, it was only at that moment that the full implications dawned on him. He had made a woman pregnant and she was going to have his baby. He rose and hugged Erica.

He said, “I’m happy for you.”

“I’m so envious of your Caretaker. She’s one of the luckiest women of Cassandra. She gets to have you in her life, permanently. Millions of women are going to hear about you,” Erica said looking at his face. Unconscious of what she was doing, her hand wandered down his body.

Cat said, “It is time for you to leave.”

“I know,” Erica said. She pulled away from Mike and said, “I wish that I could have one more time with you, but I can’t. Take care of yourself, Hero.”

“I will,” Mike said thinking that in nine months a child of his would be born on a distant planet. He knew that he’d never see the child. He patted her stomach and said, “Take care of the little one.”

“I will,” Erica said. She went to the door and left.

As soon as Erica had left the room, Mike started feeling a little sick to his stomach. He said, “I’m not feeling too good.”

“It is time for you to leave,” Cat said leading him to the portal.

“I’d like to stay here with you,” Mike said. His stomach twisted.

Cat said, “You have to go. Come back a month from now.”

“I will,” Mike promised.

“Find a girlfriend,” Cat said looking at him. She kissed him passionately before she pushed him into the portal room. Dreading the separation that was coming, she slowly closed the door. Mike memorized her appearance while the door swung shut. Her look of longing was etched into his brain.

There was the slight twisting sensation when the portal transferred him back to Earth. The plain white room changed into the interior of Sid’s closet. His stomach immediately felt better. Mike stepped out of the closet and looked at Sid.

He said, “It is so hard to leave.”

Sid smiled and said, “Sometimes I think they force us out so that all we’ll think about is returning.”

Mike turned and looked back at the closet. He frowned and said, “I have to wait a whole month before I return.”

“It will be a long month,” Sid said acknowledging how slowly time passed between adventures.

“That was nothing like I expected. I thought it was cleaner in the old days,” Mike said moving over to a chair.

Sid said, “I’m always shocked by the smell.”

“They had a tannery in the town where I stayed,” Mike said.

“Now that is one horrible smell,” Sid said with a laugh.

Thinking about his experiences on Chaos, Mike said, “I’m going to have to get some training with a sword.”

Nodding his head, Sid said, “There’s a guy who teaches medieval sword work that lives in this area. He’s a historian and has been studying how swords were used in the past. He’ll teach you the real stuff you need to know. You’ll never win a fencing bout here on Earth, but you’ll learn enough to win a sword fight on Chaos. I’ll take you to meet him, tomorrow.”

“Thanks,” Mike said. He looked down at the bathrobe he was wearing and said, “Thanks for the warning about clothes.”

“It took me a few times to figure it out. One of the other Heroes goes to Crossroads nude. He told me it saves him money on clothes, but I know that it is just to save time when he reaches his caretaker,” Sid said with a grin.

“I can understand that,” Mike said.

Sid asked, “Did your Caretaker talk to you about getting a Companion?”

“Yes,” Mike said shaking his head. She had spent hours talking about how he needed to find an Earth girl to take care of him while he was on Earth. Shaking his head, he said, “I don’t understand why Cat was so interested in my sex life. To hear her talk, you’d think that she wanted me to get laid by ten different women a day.”

“That’s how all women of Cassandra are. She’ll ask you about every woman that you’ve ever met. She’ll want to know every detail about every encounter. She’ll ask you straight out how many orgasms the other woman had,” Sid said with a laugh.

“You’d almost think that their idea of an aphrodisiac is hearing about how many women a man has been with,” Mike said.

“It is,” Sid replied. He added, “My uncle was considered a sex star because he had bedded over a hundred women from Cassandra.”

“Wow,” Mike said.

“You’re going to want to build a portal of your own,” Sid said. He pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Mike. He explained, “Here are the instructions on how to do it.”

Mike looked down at the piece of paper noticing the material list required to build a portal. It was going to be pretty expensive. He said, “It will take some time to get the materials.”

“You can use my portal until you get yours completed,” Sid said.

“Thanks,” Mike said.

“Just don’t get killed while you’re on Chaos. Your body will show up in my closet and I don’t want to explain to your coworkers how you died,” Sid said looking at Mike.

“I didn’t even think of that,” Mike said realizing how much of a risk Sid was taking by offering use of his portal. He thought about where he could put the portal and realized that he lived in an apartment. Shaking his head, he said, “I don’t have a permanent place for a portal.”

“Make one that is portable,” Sid said, “There are lots of ways to do it. Malcolm has a mirror frame that he uses. He swings the mirror out of the way when he’s ready to go to Chaos.”

“Smart,” Mike said.


Mike rode in the patrol car with his partner, Jim Daniels, that night. Saturday nights had to be the worst nights to be on patrol. It seemed to him like every idiot in the world decided that Saturday night was the time to attempt their most idiotic stunts.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close