Magic - Cover

Magic

Copyright© 2020 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 39

Sean stood under the streaming water of the hot shower hoping that it would remove the glue that held the bandages to his skin. The water had no effect. He reached up and pulled a bandage off. It was like the bandages had fused to his skin. His scream echoed through the room. He shouted, “Oh, that hurts!”

After dancing around the shower for a minute he pulled a second bandage off clenching his teeth to keep from screaming. What came out of his mouth sounded like, “Argh!”

Sitting down on the chair in his office, Coach Slaughter couldn’t have lifted his arms if his life had depended upon it. Still unable to believe that he had lost, Coach Slaughter said, “He must have cheated somehow.”

“I don’t know. He sounds like he is in real pain,” Ms. Hawkins said listening to the moans emerging from the shower.

He said, “I’m glad he’s in as much pain as I am.”

Another moan of pain echoed through the deserted dressing room. Ms. Hawkins said, “I can’t believe that he managed to carry on feeling that kind of pain.”

“He’s tougher than I thought,” Coach Slaughter said sliding down out of his chair. He would have hit the floor except Ms. Hawkins caught him.

“At least you aren’t screaming like that,” Ms. Hawkins said.

Thinking of how sore he would be in the morning, Coach Slaughter said, “Wait until tomorrow.”

Another scream echoed through the dressing room. It was followed by a muffled shout, “My chest feels like it is on fire.”

“His chest muscles are cramping up on him,” Coach Slaughter said sagging over to the side. He just kept falling until his head lightly hit his desk. His eyes closed.

Inside the shower, Sean was staring down at his bloody chest. He had three bandages to remove yet and he wasn’t sure that he’d survive it. Closing his eyes and thrusting his chest forward, he ordered, “Off of me.”

He screamed a few milliseconds later when the water hit the raw patches of bloody skin that had not departed with the bandages. He said, “That is going to be sore.”

Ms. Hawkins stared down at Coach Slaughter. He was wearing tight shorts and a shirt that showed his muscles. She looked around for a moment to make sure no one was around. Licking her lips, she said, “What a hunk.”

Sean ended his painful shower and dressed for work. It was time for him to leave, but he wanted to say goodbye to the coach before he left. He swung by the office. As he stuck his head in the coach’s office he said, “It has been nice knowing you.”

Ms. Hawkins looked at him and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I didn’t know you were in here,” Sean said. He looked around embarrassed and then said, “I would have worn my clothes in the shower if I had known there was a woman in the boy’s dressing room.”

“I’m sure you would have,” Ms. Hawkins said wishing he would leave.

Sean looked at the coach and asked, “Is he dead?”

“No, he’s sleeping,” Ms. Hawkins said.

Sean looked at the position the coach was in and said, “Someone ought to take him home and put him in bed.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” Ms. Hawkins said checking out the bulge in the coach’s pants.

“Should I get Principal Charmers?” Sean asked.

“I’ll handle it,” Ms. Hawkins said thinking Sean hadn’t said whose home and which bed.

“Okay. Well, I’m off to work,” Sean said with a smile. He headed out of the locker room and towards the door leading outside from the gym.

“Hello,” Sean said upon encountering a couple standing by the door of the gym.

“Hello,” the man said.

“Hello,” the elegant woman said. She was wearing a translucent gown that revealed enough to suggest more treasures were hidden underneath it.

Sean looked at the tall thin man with silver hair and the very attractive woman holding onto his arm. She actually had golden hair. They had pointed ears. Suspecting that they weren’t quite human, he asked, “Who and what are you?”

“Who and what are you?”

“I’m Sean and I’m a human.”

“I’m George,” said the man. There was a musical sound to his voice as if a choir was singing.

The woman smiled and said, “I’m Georgette.”

“We’re elves,” the man said.

“It is nice to meet you, George and Georgette,” Sean said looking at the couple.

“You’re a very polite young man,” Georgette said.

“Thank you,” Sean said thinking that her voice sounded like silver bells in the distance. He frowned and then said, “Although I may risk seeming rude I mean no offence, but may I ask a question?”

“With such a preamble, I doubt I could live without hearing your question. Ask and we’ll see what offence is taken or not as the case may well be,” George said.

“I never thought of Elves having names like George and Georgette. What’s with the names?” Sean asked.

“They are elvin names of long standing and honor,” Georgette answered.

“Really?” Sean said in amazement.

George gave a short nod of his head and said, “Yes. Your question bore no offense since it was asked in honest curiosity.”

“I learn something new every day,” Sean said with a satisfied smile.

George said, “We came back in time to watch the last half of your contest of strength with that muscle man. That was a most impressive victory. Our kind appreciates the subtle use of magic to defeat brutish strength.”

“It was well done and with style,” Georgette said. She nodded her head towards him in a most regal manner.

“Thank you,” Sean said.

“You are a most remarkable man, although there is one thing that puzzles us,” George said.

Sean asked, “What?”

Georgette smiled at Sean and said, “I think this is the first time that elves have returned before nymphs.”

“Really?” Sean asked. He had wondered when the nymphs would return.

“Yes. Not that I can tell you what you should do, but you might consider spending a little more time helping the young lass over there experience pleasure,” George said pointing to Suzie.

Rubbing a finger down George’s arm, Georgette said, “All of the men would enjoy the return of nymphs.”

“I suppose so,” Sean said looking over at Suzie wondering what pleasing her had to do with nymphs.

“We must be off,” George said.

“We will meet again,” Georgette said before disappearing.

“Good bye,” Sean said giving a little wave to the air. He sighed and said, “That’s a real nice couple. I guess I better head off to work.”

Sean went out to the parking lot heading to where Suzie was waiting for him beside the truck. Before he even got halfway there when he saw the Dwarves were packed in the bed of the truck. He groaned upon seeing the Dwarves and said, “Every time I go for a drive it is the same thing.”

Suzie hadn’t noticed that Sean was approaching. Facing Chom, she asked, “What do you mean, you want me to drive?”

Gesturing to the others as if to demonstrate that it was a general consensus among them, Chom said, “We think that you might know how to go a little faster.”

Nodding his head in agreement, Pip said, “Sean is too slow.”

“He’s a safe driver,” Suzie said. She watched Sean arrive and took his hand when he got close enough.

Grum said, “The problem is that we don’t get enough bounce on the bumps.”

Sounding disgusted, Agar said, “I even jumped when he hit a bump yesterday and that didn’t do any good.”

“What do you mean it didn’t do any good?” Suzie asked looking over at Sean wishing the Dwarves weren’t around. She had been pretty impressed with his feat in the gym and wanted to show him in the most private of ways.

Thur said, “Agar didn’t go more than ten feet in the air.”

Sean said, “I’m not driving fast so that you can fly out of the truck when I hit a bump.”

“We’re not asking you to do that,” Chom said with a smile.

“You’re not?” Sean asked skeptically.

Pointing to Suzie, Pip said, “We’re asking her to do it.”

“Someone could get hurt,” Sean said.

“We’re pretty hard to hurt,” Pip said.

Chom pointed to Pip and said, “He got eaten by a dragon. That didn’t hurt him any.”

“I hate dragons,” Pip said.

“The point is that you didn’t get hurt,” Chom said.

“Who cares if it didn’t hurt? It wasn’t pleasant,” Pip said. He turned his head and pretended to spit. He muttered, “Dragons!”

Shaking his head, Sean said, “We’ve got to get to work.”

“Maybe if we delay him he’ll drive faster,” Agar said.

“That’s a good idea,” Pip said nodding his head.

“That’s a bad idea,” Sean said.

“Why?”

“All that would accomplish is for me to be late,” Sean said

“You could learn to drive a little faster,” Chom grumbled.

Pip looked over at Sean and asked, “Could we borrow your truck while you are work?”

“No,” Sean said holding the door open for Suzie. She paused a moment to kiss Sean. All of the Dwarves crowded to one side of the truck bed to watch them kiss.

Watching the kiss heat up, Chom said, “Hey, this is better than getting bounced out of the truck.”

“Yes, it is,” Pip said trying to move Chom out of the way.

“All we need now is for her to take off her clothes,” Thur said climbing up on the roof of the truck to get a better view.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close