New Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 - Cover

New Return of the Condor Heroes 2006

Copyright© 2020 by Romance Wuxia Modern genre

Chapter 1

It was day time and in the woods, there were no sounds of birds crying, but battle cries can be heard clearer than day.

A military general was warding off the enemy troops with his troops. Both sides have been battling for over 3 days now.

Swords can be heard clashing against each others from sunrise until sunset each days. They continued battling each others for many more days in the woods.

Then, one day while the general and his troops were still sleeping, the enemies launched a sneak attack at night.

Arrows could be seen flying everywhere as if they were raindrops falling from the sky, but flying horizontally instead. A lot of the general’s soldiers were killed by this sneak attack.

He got mad and was about to go out and fight with the enemy troops, but before he could go out, the enemies had already came to his side of the battlefield to do a follow-up attack after the arrow shots already.

The general and his soldiers tried to defend, but many of their troops were already damaged from the first arrow shot so they were starting to lose badly.

One of the soldier standing next to the general say to the general in a panicked tone, “General, what do we do now. All of our men were injured from that first arrow strike, they won’t be able to fight for long like this.”

The General say, “Take some men with you and go back to get reinforcement to come help us. I’ll stay here and try to ward them off for as long as I can with the remaining men here until you get back.”

The soldier say, “Yes general,” and took a group of soldiers back with him to gather reinforcements from the main army.

While the soldier was gone, the general and his troops tried to held the enemy troops back for as long as possible, but slowly, they were falling down one by one to the enemies’ swords and spears.

The soldier have been gone for an hour now, so the general knew that help would come soon.

He and a few of the remaining soldiers continued defending the base, but there were too many enemy troops coming into the base.

Shortly after, the general got cut on the knee by an enemy troop’s sword, but he continued defending the base as if his whole body was still in perfect condition.

After awhile, the general told some of his soldier to stay and defend the base while he and some of his other soldiers go to the Tomb(a cave that the general stored weapons in to hide them from the enemy troops) to get more weapons to fight off the enemy troops.

Some of the soldiers defended the base while the others left with the general to gather more weapons in the Tomb. It was a long walk to the Tomb. The Tomb was really far away from the battlefield. You couldn’t even hear the cries of war there.

The general and his troops arrived at the Tomb and took out the weapons from the Tomb. After they were done unloading, the general told them to go first while he check to make sure no enemy troops were spying around so that the hidden weapons inside the Tomb won’t be discovered by them.

The soldiers did as they were commanded and left back to the base with the weapons. While the general was looking around the Tomb to see if there were any enemy spies around, he suddenly fainted from the lose of blood from all of his wounds during battle.

The general woke up in a hut with a beautiful young girl treating his injuries.

The girl was wrapping bandages around his wounds.

When he saw the girl he say, “Who are you and why am I here?”

The girl say, “My name is Lin Chaoying and we are in my hut right now. I saw you laying out in the woods covered in injuries, so I decided to took you in and treated your wounds for you.”

The general say, “Thank you Miss, for treating my injuries, but I can’t stay here for long. My army needs a leader. Without a leader, they are just like a mob fighting with the enemy troops. I have to go back right now.”

The general got up and was about to leave, but as soon as he got up, his wounds started to open and blood started pouring out.

He grunt and fell back onto the bed he was sitting on.

Lin Chaoying say, “You are injured so badly, even if you go back, you won’t be able to help out at all. Stay here and heal first, alright.”

The general say, “By the time I’m healed, my army would probably be reborn already. Stop trying to stop me, even if I have to crawl back, I will.”

Lin Chaoying say, “You’re army still have the spirit to fight right now because they haven’t lost their general. If you go back like this and gets killed by the enemy troops, do you still think your army would still have the spirit to fight after seeing their general getting killed. The only reason they can still fight right now is only because they still have hope that their general would still return. Even though you are not presently there with them, this hope should be enough to keep their fighting spirit going. If you go back and get killed, even if you’re body is presently there, do you still think they would still have the motives to fight with only the general’s body being there, but with his soul gone.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close