A Justice Provider's Tale - Cover

A Justice Provider's Tale

Copyright© 2018 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Chapter 6

Leeza squeezed my hand. “It was actually nice meeting you, Angel. Take care out there and if you are in the neighborhood, why not stop by. I might not have my face painted or know how to cook, but I think we had fun last night.”

“We certainly had, Leeza. You got me thinking about quitting and get settled, honest to Mickey.”

I waved her, passed the CITI control barrier and boarded the people mover to get to Angel’s Wings.

I can see you roll whatever you have for eyes, citizen, but she really did made me think that way. Not all that soon though. First I had to get some vacuum under my keel and then I needed to decide if I went after that piece of Lorkni dung and his friend, who took something that belonged to me, even if I had no need for it, or if I was professional about it and forgot the thing. There was a lucrative bounty on a Vantax of all beings, 100,000 credits. Suspected to have fled all the way across the Bridge to the Andromeda Galaxy. Always wanted to go there anyhow...

I had myself convinced that this was the smart thing to do. Leave it alone, you got paid. You are still alive and whatever was going on was law enforcement stuff.

Hell no!

That isn’t how I operate. Mistake or not professional or not, that Shiss poop shoveling arsewipe and his cowardly friend needed to find out what it meant to be hunted by Angel T. Marifou. I would not take a contract for a billion credits until ... well yeah maybe for a billion I would. But not a credit lower.

I was just about to turn around when I saw Lun climbing of the port pod of a nice looking Starfang Viper, parked at the next bay. “Hey Lun!”

“Oh hey, Mr. Marifou. Everything should be fine with your Auto Chef for a while at least. Our specialist cleaned the printer head and replaced the divider-selector of the dry freeze material retriever. That thing was stuck and must have caused some very unusual re-consti meals.” He handed me back the manual access fob, I had given him.

“Oh it did, trust me. What do I owe you?”

“Nothing, Chamber of Commerce took care of your bill, Sir.”

“Don’t sir me, Lun. Say if one would have to get of the planet in a hurry and not necessarily with a good CITI how would I do that?”

“Sir, I am a Union citizen.”

“I know and I am too, I am a bounty hunter. Guys like you usually know more than anyone official.”

“Well it would be pretty easy actually. They do check incoming freight for Stows’ but not outgoing. I imagine you could be comfortable in a large container. If you have your own ship, just touch down and take off anywhere near the new space port construction site, mostly robots. Lots of material shuttles going back and forth from orbit. No real controls at all. No landing or parking fees, folks do that all the time.”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close